Author Topic: Keyboard Commands List  (Read 656 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Keyboard Commands List
« on: August 23, 2014, 02:42:24 PM »
I wish Aces High had a keyboard command reference list in a Documentation folder with a popup on game installation asking if you want to print it out.
I'm assuming most of our 2 weekers and new subscribers aren't finding one on their own.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:44:59 PM by FLS »

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Keyboard Commands List
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 02:55:33 PM »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 04:40:59 PM »
I like the in game easy mode popup. Say on the front of the clipboard a button, or from the right click dropdown menu. And then a full listing of mapped keyboard buttons is there for the looking. We is in the 21st Century. We push buttons and looky at pictures. Reading is optional.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 07:04:06 PM »
it is hard to find but it exists:

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/quickref/quickref.pdf

I know we have that. I often recommend it. My wish is that I don't have to.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 08:19:58 PM »
I like the in game easy mode popup. Say on the front of the clipboard a button, or from the right click dropdown menu. And then a full listing of mapped keyboard buttons is there for the looking. We is in the 21st Century. We push buttons and looky at pictures. Reading is optional.

Oh come on Bustr, be nice. :)

I keep learning commands the more I play, mainly from hearing someone else ask about them. Like I never knew that you could aim the 8in gun via Shift + Q until a few months ago. I was doing it all "free-hand".  I think having a menu like that would be good, or at least when HTC releases the NTE they could do a vast makeover of their main page as well, making it more newbie friendly (at least on finding commands like the OP said among other things).

While I agree it maybe not be necessary to play the game, but there are many commands in this game that are so well 'hidden' or cover an advenue that the player didn't think possible. Like finding out drop times of enemy things or being able to set your auto climb speed.  Having knowledge of how to perform these commands, while a little gamey to have at the ready, would be good to helping new (and old) players find out and adapt to these commands.

+1
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 12:36:58 AM »
I know we have that. I often recommend it. My wish is that I don't have to.

agreed.

that link should be easier to find than 3 clicks in, onto a secondary site, too.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.