Author Topic: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28  (Read 15372 times)

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28
« Reply #330 on: August 27, 2014, 05:28:11 PM »
DmonSlyr? You did seem insistent he answered.

You're a bit black and white in your thinking. Only a Sith Lord thinks in such absolutes  :frown:  I do feel obliged to inform you that this isn't real air combat. It's a virtual environment wherein simulated aerial combat takes place. It's a game. Why is killing opponents the plain and simple objective at the exclusion of everything else?

Can't you at least acknowledge, in the face of overwhelming evidence that not that many AH players actually agree with your view of the game? Are they simply making excuses for suckage?

I bet people would play this game far differently if one was booted for 24 hours after every death.  You, sir, are correct.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #331 on: August 27, 2014, 05:42:22 PM »
In FSO I like to play where I actually don't want to die at any givenb cost. I think ive only died once in the FSOs I've been in (gives squad credit as well for owning in the FSO) the other time was when I shot off the CV trying to land with 5 kills  :bhead

But you only have 1 life in those events so it's quite intense. But like Batfink said. Sometimes we like to fly at a disadvantage just to make it a challenge. After years and years of killing, we now like to spice it up again instead of flying the same planes, the best planes, the fastest planes, being timid to stay alive because that would uterrly be boring for us.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:46:19 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #332 on: August 27, 2014, 05:49:57 PM »
After years and years of killing, we now like to spice it up again instead of flying the same planes, the best planes, the fastest planes, being timid to stay alive because that would uterrly be boring for us.

That's a rather presumptuous statement. I mean, how boring was it when Kruel nailed your 109K last night, without any wingmen near him?
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #333 on: August 27, 2014, 05:55:43 PM »
That's a rather presumptuous statement. I mean, how boring was it when Kruel nailed your 109K last night, without any wingmen near him?

About as boring his and your excuses on 200 when you get flamed?  :bolt:
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #334 on: August 27, 2014, 05:56:41 PM »
So just another thought Skyyr and Kruel if he cares to engage. Did you guys start with TnB and move through energy fighting to BnZ or did you start with BnZ in the first place?

I TnBed for a while, content with the results until I got owned over and over and over by E fighting, Skyyr was already doing this and after one particular frustrating day of trying to kill him, I had an epiphany, "he's actually flyitng smart." I asked him how he did it and to show me how, Rest is history.

Not sure what to mean from 'BnZ to E-fighting', it must be one of these custom AH rules, BnZ is part of E fighting, but certainly not a separate style.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:58:39 PM by Kruel »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #335 on: August 27, 2014, 05:57:58 PM »

He didn't kill me, he gave me an oil leak, I ditched because I didn't feel like going all the way back to land. Somehow I wasnt far enough in my territory so it gave him the kill which was lame.

Also got my share of kills on y'all too.

He made a good shot, upside down and roped, I believe. I thought I could get the rope but those 190Ds just climb and climb. I took the K4 because I wanted to fight your la7 in it. I needed a plane that could match your E states.

You will now be fighting my spit 16 since you think planes don't matter.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #336 on: August 27, 2014, 06:02:25 PM »
I thought I could get the rope but those 190Ds just climb and climb.

Not as good as a K4 can climb, though.

I took the K4 because I wanted to fight your la7 in it.

But I wasn't in an LA-7? In fact, until this tour, the LA-7 wasn't even one of the top 3 main planes that I flew (going by kills in the aircraft).
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #337 on: August 27, 2014, 06:21:05 PM »
On the other hand, he wasn't very mouthy after getting shot down repeatedly last night.

Hard to talk when your plane blows up  :D

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #338 on: August 27, 2014, 06:40:28 PM »
Not as good as a K4 can climb, though.

But I wasn't in an LA-7? In fact, until this tour, the LA-7 wasn't even one of the top 3 main planes that I flew (going by kills in the aircraft).

Mmm I don't know about that 190Ds can climb pretty damn well. Plus the bullets still reach D600 away. I didn't get a good read on his E state though.

You were in a la7 before, but you are kruel switched for that sortie
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #339 on: August 27, 2014, 06:45:47 PM »
Mmm I don't know about that 190Ds can climb pretty damn well. Plus the bullets still reach D600 away. I didn't get a good read on his E state though.

You were in a la7 before, but you are kruel switched for that sortie

I didn't fly an LA-7 once yesterday (the timeline in question).
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #340 on: August 27, 2014, 06:56:01 PM »
DmonSlyr? You did seem insistent he answered.

No, again you make assumptions. I simply pointed out that his response did not address the key point but rather went on a diatribe about DA vs MA. I made no judgement concerning the superiority of one over the other, my point was that some who do so have a tendency to contradict their position when it suits them.

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #341 on: August 27, 2014, 07:09:56 PM »

Not sure what to mean from 'BnZ to E-fighting', it must be one of these custom AH rules, BnZ is part of E fighting, but certainly not a separate style.

Hello Kruel,

BnZ is a repeatable move, like a rope or a reversal. It is a move that is only possible with an existing energy advantage.

Energy fighting is a style and one that is widely misunderstood. In fact, one of the most pure forms of energy fighting as it was defined by real fighter pilots was not so much in the vertical as in the horizontal. The ability to utilise a better sustained turn than your pursuing enemy to win an energy advantage from an equal or disadvantaged energy state and only then take the fight vertical to perform the killing blow.

Most people don't ever learn this in this game. Most assume energy fighting is all about vertical advantage. Many assume the simple BnZ tactic is the essence of E fighting. This is false. The essence of E fighting is in gaining the E advantage, not starting with it. I do not mean winning the E advantage on a co-alt DA style merge in the same planes. This is again just a very tiny element of E fighting and one that is only usually possible if the enemy cannot, or chooses not to, conserve all energy on the merge.

If you want to show some real skilled energy fighting then do it starting from an E disadvantage. It is possible and also extremely rewarding.

If you ever change your mind and find the courage to come and fight in the DA/TA with me I would be happy to teach you what I have so far learned about the almost lost art of E fighting. But I fear you will not, because you would hate for your 'I'm an E fighter' crutch to be pulled out from under you as you discover that you know very little about the subject you claim to be so loyally attached to and, in fact, all you are doing is boom and zoom from an existing advantage.

yours respectfully and sincerely,
batfink
S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #342 on: August 27, 2014, 07:40:54 PM »
Hello Kruel,

BnZ is a repeatable move, like a rope or a reversal. It is a move that is only possible with an existing energy advantage.

Energy fighting is a style and one that is widely misunderstood. In fact, one of the most pure forms of energy fighting as it was defined by real fighter pilots was not so much in the vertical as in the horizontal. The ability to utilise a better sustained turn than your pursuing enemy to win an energy advantage from an equal or disadvantaged energy state and only then take the fight vertical to perform the killing blow.

Most people don't ever learn this in this game. Most assume energy fighting is all about vertical advantage. Many assume the simple BnZ tactic is the essence of E fighting. This is false. The essence of E fighting is in gaining the E advantage, not starting with it. I do not mean winning the E advantage on a co-alt DA style merge in the same planes. This is again just a very tiny element of E fighting and one that is only usually possible if the enemy cannot, or chooses not to, conserve all energy on the merge.

If you want to show some real skilled energy fighting then do it starting from an E disadvantage. It is possible and also extremely rewarding.

If you ever change your mind and find the courage to come and fight in the DA/TA with me I would be happy to teach you what I have so far learned about the almost lost art of E fighting. But I fear you will not, because you would hate for your 'I'm an E fighter' crutch to be pulled out from under you as you discover that you know very little about the subject you claim to be so loyally attached to and, in fact, all you are doing is boom and zoom from an existing advantage.

yours respectfully and sincerely,
batfink
S!

He/they won't.  But, I will fight you any time.  Any chance to learn.  <S>
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #343 on: August 27, 2014, 08:10:50 PM »
If, by "They", you are also referring to me you are incorrect.  I will fight you or anyone in the DA.  Does not matter to me if I win or lose...I have fun regardless and don't care either way.

I could also correct you on the other members of "They", but I'll leave that to those individuals to discuss.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member