Author Topic: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28  (Read 15607 times)

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Re: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2014, 12:35:14 PM »
So is that a no to my 2v2 proposal?
Top Gun

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2014, 12:36:53 PM »
PS - I'd rather spend 2 hours a night in the DA getting the pizz whooped out of me in equal fights than spend 5 hours in the MA flying around waiting to run into a fight.  But that's just me.  It's worth it for competitive fun and it's more than worth it to see how others do different things differently.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2014, 12:40:38 PM »
Can't really enforce anything else past the first merge, you wouldn't have done SDL then since it was part of those rules.

Oh, it was alright to post when we lost, but not when we won...gotcha.
its not me being butthurt, as i have absolutely no reason for that. Got that too? Good, thanks.

True that you cannot force anyone to do anything. Still you can force yourself not to do something - not to ho your opponents eyes out in this case. Not stating that you were doig that because i have not seen any film, only stated that i would never go anything goes. Yet you bring up all the crap.

Its not nice and not too civil either. Be happy that you have won, im done with you and this kind of hypocricy.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2014, 12:40:53 PM »
PS - I'd rather spend 2 hours a night in the DA getting the pizz whooped out of me in equal fights than spend 5 hours in the MA flying around waiting to run into a fight.  But that's just me.  It's worth it for competitive fun and it's more than worth it to see how others do different things differently.

The MA doesn't get lame til around 11:30 or Midnight when the numbers drop.  Not to say the DA isn't fun by any means.

I made a call on 200 for some duels last night, you guys must have already been in the DA when I did this.  I got no response.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2014, 12:42:40 PM »
Usually in a duel, whether it be 1v1 or squadron vs. squadron, things are set to make the fight as even as possible.  This means that both sides agree to a plane set, merge altitude, fuel and ammo loads.  This helps cut down on "you took less ammo!" or "I took too much fuel!" whines after the duel and helps ensure the duel is on the same level for both sides as much as possible.

ack-ack

I agree, but wouldn't you be putting yourself at a disadvantage initially (by taking more fuel). By doing so you are taking a calculated risk that the fight will last longer than what your opponent can fight for, but then again your opponent has the same options as you do. At this point it's a tactical decision.

Also I think it's one less thing you have to control for.  What if someone is disingenuous and loads 25% when the parties agreed to 50(it's a non issue in this case). It's hard to get a read on that in the middle of a fight, if this is suspected, then you have to go through getting the films.

I guess that was the rationale behind it...

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2014, 12:50:28 PM »
You're starting to act like someone who is butthurt, are you butthurt bro?

Spreading rumors, spewing empty statements without being able to back them up. That's why you were removed from the squad. Quit acting like the crazy ex girlfriend who keys up a car because she got dumped. Man up, get better.

I'd ask you to back up your empty talk, but since you know us so well you know how that's is going to turn out.

Hope I didn't drone on too much or give ya a headache.

Butthurt?  No.  I merely pointed out the obvious that you do have an objective, which you and Skyyr have repeatedly pointed out to me.   (That overall objective is in fact admirable.   I think your guilty conscience caused you to read something that wasn't there.)

As for 1v1s, you do not have a perfect record against me so don't act like you do or that you know the outcome would always be in your favor.   You're still Skyyr's Mini-Me in that regard.

Lastly, your statement about me being "kicked out of the squad" and the reasons behind same is a lie.  I have the screenshots.    You stuck your nose into something without thought then lied about what you did.    

The fact is that you guys make yourselves/The Damned look bad on the forums and on 200, not me.    I couldn't in a thousand years cause as much drama as you two do.   My pointing out that fact--and your mutual refusal to address it like mature adults--is why I am gone, not your made up BS after the fact.   (At least Skyyr has taken the time to hammer it out with me privately instead of running away like you did.  He has actually been quite gracious about it, which I appreciate.)

I await your apology.    Carry on.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 02:34:15 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »
So is that a no to my 2v2 proposal?

Not in the least sir, let's set something up!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2014, 12:59:05 PM »

I agree, but wouldn't you be putting yourself at a disadvantage initially (by taking more fuel). By doing so you are taking a calculated risk that the fight will last longer than what your opponent can fight for, but then again your opponent has the same options as you do. At this point it's a tactical decision.

Also I think it's one less thing you have to control for.  What if someone is disingenuous and loads 25% when the parties agreed to 50(it's a non issue in this case). It's hard to get a read on that in the middle of a fight, if this is suspected, then you have to go through getting the films.

I guess that was the rationale behind it...

In truth, most fuel load outs are 11 minutes or more.  Style of fight dictates the need for more fuel.  Film exchange is agreed to upfront as in the brackets

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »
In truth, most fuel load outs are 11 minutes or more.  Style of fight dictates the need for more fuel.  Film exchange is agreed to upfront as in the brackets

If films show to be something that needs to be required as we carry this forward, then we'll include them. However, as it stands, the fuel loadouts (and likely ammo carrying) are up to pilot discretion. Therefore, the only variable is the altitude of the merge, which does not require film to confirm (unless one group was significantly faster at the merge or was spotted climbing higher than the merge alt prior to merging).

We're making this as simple as possible. A major detriment to this community is all of the self-imposed, arbitrary rules that serve no other purpose other than as excuses and crutches (He roped me! He HO'd me! They 2v1'd me!  He loaded more fuel than me and outlasted me! He loaded less fuel than me and was more maneuverable! He loaded fewer bullets than me and could turn better! He had more ammo than me and I ran out first!) - screw that crap. Fly the same plane, meet at the required altitude, merge neutrally - everything else is up to you.

The pilots who make the wisest choices and fly the most effectively win.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:25:06 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2014, 01:24:47 PM »
Butthurt?  No?  I merely pointed out the obvious that you do have an objective, which you and Skyyr have repeatedly pointed out to me.   (That overall objective is in fact admirable.   I think your guilty conscience caused you to read something that wasn't there.)

As for 1v1s, you do not have a perfect record against me so don't act like you do or that you know the outcome would always be in your favor.   You're still Skyyr's Mini-Me in that regard.

Lastly, your statement about me being "kicked out of the squad" and the reasons behind same is a lie.  I have the screenshots.    You stuck your nose into something without thought then lied about what you did.    

The fact is that you guys make yourselves/The Damned look bad on the forums and on 200, not me.    I couldn't in a thousand years cause as much drama as you two do.   My pointing out that fact--and your mutual refusal to address it like mature adults--is why I am gone, not your made up BS after the fact.   (At least Skyyr has taken the time to hammer it out with me privately instead of running away like you did.  He has actually been quite gracious about it, which I appreciate.)

I await your apology.    Carry on.

You're going to keep waiting for a long long time, I am 150% sure how a duel between me and you will turn out. My statement stands.

You were kicked out of the squad, end of story. There is nothing to be running away from. You can continue to troll posts, make your indirect jabs here or there. Doesn't change the fact that that's all you can do and can't back it up with your flying.

ChangeUp and Triton have been trolling us for a while, and we retort, but at least they had the cojones to take the 2v2, I'm calling you out, anything else are just empty words.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2014, 01:27:33 PM »
You're going to keep waiting for a long long time, I am 150% sure how a duel between me and you will turn out. My statement stands.

You were kicked out of the squad, end of story. There is nothing to be running away from. You can continue to troll posts, make your indirect jabs here or there. Doesn't change the fact that that's all you can do and can't back it up with your flying.

ChangeUp and Triton have been trolling us for a while, and we retort, but at least they had the cojones to take the 2v2, I'm calling you out, anything else are just empty words.

Oh! Oh! I know who he could 2v2 us with. FSOX! Eh, Vraciu? Eh? :rofl

Genuinely - we'd be more than happy to let him demonstrate how well we "run from him" (it's 9-2 now, btw - 9-4 if you count the 5v2 where he lost two wingmen lol).
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2014, 01:28:11 PM »
Yeah the only thing I don't like is HOing period.  I mean if both of you can get around to make a square face shot then you shouldn't shoot. If you are both going 130 in a turn around and can easily HO shoot each other, I feel like it takes out of the fight to both shoot and die. If the other simply cannot get a square shot then I'd say the shot is okay. To me it is pretty obvious to tell, but face shooting takes a lot out of the fun and the fight.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2014, 01:29:21 PM »
Yeah the only thing I don't like is HOing period.  I mean if both of you can get around to make a square face shot then you shouldn't shoot.

"The HO shot is the easiest shot in the game to avoid."

-- Latrobe
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2014, 01:33:30 PM »
If films show to be something that needs to be required as we carry this forward, then we'll include them. However, as it stands, the fuel loadouts (and likely ammo carrying) are up to pilot discretion. Therefore, the only variable is the altitude of the merge, which does not require film to confirm (unless one group was significantly faster at the merge or was spotted climbing higher than the merge alt prior to merging).

We're making this as simple as possible. A major detriment to this community is all of the self-imposed, arbitrary rules that serve no other purpose other than as excuses and crutches (He roped me! He HO'd me! They 2v1'd me!  He loaded more fuel than me and outlasted me! He loaded less fuel than me and was more maneuverable! He loaded fewer bullets than me and could turn better! He had more ammo than me and I ran out first!) - screw that crap. Fly the same plane, meet at the required altitude, merge neutrally - everything else is up to you.

The pilots who make the wisest choices and fly the most effectively win.

Not meaning to be argumentative but you and Skyyrs rules may not be what is generally accepted in this community.  Unfortunately, this isnt up to you.  If the rules change regarding fuel load outs due to community response, it's simply your choice to fight within those confines or not.  Other than that, you might be flying against no one.   

Either way, it's really not up to you if in fact it becomes a community activity or if it even hopes to become one.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2014, 01:36:56 PM »
"The HO shot is the easiest shot in the game to avoid."

-- Latrobe

In this case though, one person is always gonna try to avoid while the other goes for the shot. To me it's just a lose lose in any duel type fight. If both of you attempt to make the HO when it is almost inevitable, it just takes the fun out of it.

P.S Am I the only one here who freaking hates the word butthurt. God I wish it would stop.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion