Author Topic: get a grip mods!  (Read 1284 times)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
Re: get a grip mods!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 12:44:04 AM »
I didn't say it was funny. I pointed it out because it's interesting. It's interesting because it indicates a trend in mod rage posters. That trend being the miconception that the fact that some should get muted but don't get muted is somehow relevant to the posters situation of getting muted for something they should get muted for.

I really hope when you "said pos" on chan 200 you weren't calling another player a "pos". I'd really like to think you are better that.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 12:57:16 AM »
i was not yelling at any mod to do their job, i wrote what i said in my original post. i said nothing else to them. dont make stuff up Tinkles, because thats not what happened. if i knew i would get muted i wouldnt have said it.

i say "pos" on 200 and get a warning. when i say mod must be a persons squaddie, mod vox and text mutes me. at any given time you can see much much worse on 200. do the mods mute all the political BS we have to see every single day? no... do they mute the other guys who say the same damn thing and toejam much worse? no ... of course they dont mute their damn buddies do they? hell no they dont. so it amounts to paying 15 a month to chase cowards and get muted by toejam mods who play favorites.

I view this as a threat to the mods, and in a round about way telling them to do their job.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 01:47:09 AM »
I view this as a threat to the mods, and in a round about way telling them to do their job.

a threat? threat implies i could do somethng about it. but theres nothing i can do. i didnt make any threat, real or percieved. ingame i said mod must be the persons squaddie, i never told them to do their job. all i want is fair play. but i already know what will be happening when i log on. politics, religion, name calling and cursing. and it will go on and on and on with no mutes. but theres nothing i can do about it except gripe on the forums. and ive done it, got it off my chest and am done. it was only 120 mins so not that big of a deal, but its the principle of it, fair play. if i get warned for language, then everyone should and when they say what i said then they should be muted too. when i got muted and was rtb, 200 was abuzz with ppl bashing mods and goofing on em. i wonder how many of them got muted for doing exactly what got me muted.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 01:56:19 AM »
a threat? threat implies i could do somethng about it. but theres nothing i can do. i didnt make any threat, real or percieved. ingame i said mod must be the persons squaddie, i never told them to do their job. all i want is fair play. but i already know what will be happening when i log on. politics, religion, name calling and cursing. and it will go on and on and on with no mutes. but theres nothing i can do about it except gripe on the forums. and ive done it, got it off my chest and am done. it was only 120 mins so not that big of a deal, but its the principle of it, fair play. if i get warned for language, then everyone should and when they say what i said then they should be muted too. when i got muted and was rtb, 200 was abuzz with ppl bashing mods and goofing on em. i wonder how many of them got muted for doing exactly what got me muted.

Forgot to underline the last part. " so it amounts to paying 15 a month to chase cowards and get muted by toejam mods who play favorites." Which sounded to me like a threat, and about the only thing you could do to the effect of a 'threat' is threaten to leave the game.

I'm honestly not trying to bash you, that isn't my role nor within my character, so I step back from "this is what you said and I think" role.

All I can say concerning in-game, is just ignore it. "Their time will come" is all I think when I see someone act like that, sometimes it's funny but most of the time it is political stuff or completely inappropriate. However, I know responding to it only stirs the pot and gives the offender a reason to reply and add more crap to the pot for yet another to stir it.  I wish the mods were perfect, or at least were there when it seemed that none weren't, the times I've seen mute-worthy chat going on, and no mutes happen.  I agree it doesn't add anything good to the game, but I really can't honestly expect a mod to always be there monitoring everything.  I can already imagine it being a boring 'mind-numbing' experience reading other's conversations to find one worth muting someone over for even an hour. It sounds like an even more impossible job if it's for the entire time they play or if it's a shift thing (8 hours+).

I fully understand your frustration here, I wonder if HTC could implement a 'text language' ban for shortened words like that, but it would be tedious work.

:salute
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 04:17:10 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:45:43 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 05:16:44 AM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:45:55 AM by Skuzzy »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2014, 07:29:32 AM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:46:05 AM by Skuzzy »
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 07:38:45 AM »
Anonymity; the root of all evil.

You can include your name and full contact informations in your signature.  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 07:55:39 AM »
You can include your name and full contact informations in your signature.  :old:
I can do better than that, I can send it to you personally via PM if you like.
You could send me some currywurst and some decent beer any time
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 10:35:12 AM »
You got a polite warning, and you decided to confront the moderator.  The moderators are under strict orders to instantly mute anyone trying to confront them.

<snip>i wonder how many of them got muted for doing exactly what got me muted.

100% of them got muted for confronting the moderator.

The logs have been reviewed and the moderator acted appropriately.

As all moderator actions are after the fact and as most moderator actions require a warning, you may never know how many times that situation occurs.  Just because you see someone saying something inappropriate for the game environment, does not mean nothing happens.  For example, eight other players got warnings in the 5 minutes on either side of your warning.

Using others behavior to substantiate your own never works.  Everyone is responsible for their own behavior.

If you have a problem with a moderator, contact us about it.  Posting on the board about it will not solve anything.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:47:35 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com