Author Topic: get a grip mods!  (Read 1335 times)

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
get a grip mods!
« on: August 21, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »
i say "pos" on 200 and get a warning. when i say mod must be a persons squaddie, mod vox and text mutes me. at any given time you can see much much worse on 200. do the mods mute all the political BS we have to see every single day? no... do they mute the other guys who say the same damn thing and toejam much worse? no ... of course they dont mute their damn buddies do they? hell no they dont. so it amounts to paying 15 a month to chase cowards and get muted by toejam mods who play favorites.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: get a grip mods!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 09:33:59 PM »
i say "pos" on 200 and get a warning. when i say mod must be a persons squaddie, mod vox and text mutes me.

Quoting Skuzzy:

The moderators are instructed to also instantly mute anyone who attempts to confront them.  Tis directive also comes from HTC.
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,364649.msg4850719.html#msg4850719

at any given time you can see much much worse on 200. do the mods mute all the political BS we have to see every single day?

Mods aren't online 24/7
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 09:49:58 PM »
the political talk is constant. how could the mods miss it, its freakin constant. just a few mins before i get muted, 200 is on about the pending political doom and we all better be ready, do they get muted? no...but the mod sure seen my text didnt he? hes selective on what he mutes because hes most likely right in the middle of the political talk.  and as far as the instant mute, the other day and many other times the mods were confronted and no one got muted. not one of em. tonight, i believe i was muted because i said that to the mods buddy. they selectively mute. the game is already bad enough with all the cowards and add the selective moderation playing favorites and it makes me want play something else.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 10:33:23 PM »
Detune channel 200 permanently?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 10:47:44 PM »
Detune channel 200 permanently?

but then we might miss awesome fight opportunities, one or two happened today due to ch200
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 11:00:10 PM »
I tune in to 200 just to have something funny to read while I fly from my base to combat. Sometimes I have gotten <S>'s or been asked questions on 200 and not PM'd. Which I wouldn't have been able to read and respond to had I not been tuned in.

Oh, and I don't monitor other people and their actions, they are responsible for their own. As long as it doesn't directly interrupt me and my ability to have fun, I am fine with it. So far, no one has gone over that line, so .. yeah, no harm done there.

Meaning, as long as I don't contribute, I can't get muted for joining in. And since I know the rules of how to and how not to act in-game, I am thus responsible for my actions.

To the OP, you contributed to the negative pool and were 'shot down' by the mod. Really isn't the mod's fault.  You were yelling at them to do their job (both in-game and here) and they did so, you just happened to be 'shot down'.  Sounds harsh and not understanding, I know. However, been a member of these forums you should've expected that by now and should know the typical responses for these types of posts. Since one comes up every 1-2 weeks now. 

*shrug*  All I can suggest is not to post anything negative in the chat that you know will get you muted. Like Abbreviations or 'texting language' of words that HTC have on their 'no-no' list.  Only been muted once in my 7 years for a rapid-fire typing miss spelled word.   

:cheers:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 11:00:57 PM »
Awesome!

Note the recurring complaint in these mute rage threads. The subject contends that he shouldn't be punished for doing something that he knows is wrong because others have done the same without being punished.

Also these threads cause me to wonder why is it that muting causes emotion distress in some people but others are relatively indifferent to getting muted.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 11:09:20 PM »
And this mod complaINt is brought to you by the letter "H"

"H" is not just for horse but it is also for Hurr-durr-durr-derppity-derppity-durr.
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 11:26:47 PM »
How do you know who has been muted other than yourself?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 11:34:01 PM »
if you see anybody talking politics on anything you dont approve of.  report them.  all reports get reviewed and if warranted also a mute next time they're on. 

never ever confront a moderator that is a guaranteed mute.  also coming here to complain because you were giving a warning then kept on more like really points out why you got muted.  no use to complain about it.

most of us get out of hand sometimes.  specially late after having a beer or two.  moderators are not on 24/7 but the report function is on 24/7.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 11:41:48 PM »
How do you know who has been muted other than yourself?
I assume he's talking about the ones who rant interminably about liberals taking our guns and passing out condoms and qurans during prayer at highschool football games.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 11:58:14 PM »
I tune in to 200 just to have something funny to read while I fly from my base to combat. Sometimes I have gotten <S>'s or been asked questions on 200 and not PM'd. Which I wouldn't have been able to read and respond to had I not been tuned in.

Oh, and I don't monitor other people and their actions, they are responsible for their own. As long as it doesn't directly interrupt me and my ability to have fun, I am fine with it. So far, no one has gone over that line, so .. yeah, no harm done there.

Meaning, as long as I don't contribute, I can't get muted for joining in. And since I know the rules of how to and how not to act in-game, I am thus responsible for my actions.

To the OP, you contributed to the negative pool and were 'shot down' by the mod. Really isn't the mod's fault.  You were yelling at them to do their job (both in-game and here) and they did so, you just happened to be 'shot down'.  Sounds harsh and not understanding, I know. However, been a member of these forums you should've expected that by now and should know the typical responses for these types of posts. Since one comes up every 1-2 weeks now. 

*shrug*  All I can suggest is not to post anything negative in the chat that you know will get you muted. Like Abbreviations or 'texting language' of words that HTC have on their 'no-no' list.  Only been muted once in my 7 years for a rapid-fire typing miss spelled word.   

:cheers:
i was not yelling at any mod to do their job, i wrote what i said in my original post. i said nothing else to them. dont make stuff up Tinkles, because thats not what happened. if i knew i would get muted i wouldnt have said it.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 12:18:33 AM »
the whole gripe i have is that moderators seem to be selective in their moderation. they dont mute all the trolls who start politic or religion talk just to inflame 200. its the same people everytime, its constant. Lusche posted the link that shows the rules on what you can say about or to a moderator. basically, they have free run to mute anyone percieved to be challenging them. they can pick and choose what to give warnings about. so if they want they can give me a warning for an abbreviation and at the same time be right in the middle of political/religion talk even though its supposedly not allowed. they dont mute or warn those people do they. Floob says its funny that people who get muted come here and complain that they shouldnt be muted when others dont get the same mute. no sht sherlock, if youre going to warn and mute me for everyday talk then it needs to be fairly administered. its common sense. its not fairly administered though, they pick and choose obviously and thats not right. geez, you have butt bongo talk all the time, why not warn and mute that talk too?  its the same thing isnt it? also, doesnt it raise a flag that these types of threads come up every few weeks? must be something to it when it comes up that much. yeah? never the less, ill just keep my mouth shut from now on and let the people who have the privilage of saying anything they want talk.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 12:27:23 AM »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 12:33:24 AM »
. basically, they have free run to mute anyone percieved to be challenging them.

They don't because they are accountable to HTC for their actions. Feel muted unjustly? Send support an email and present your case.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman