Author Topic: A PM conversation with a pilot who got shot down.  (Read 983 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
A PM conversation with a pilot who got shot down.
« on: August 20, 2014, 04:40:59 PM »
That pilot was...me.

Maybe my point here will be understood, maybe it won't. *Shrug*
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: A PM conversation with a pilot who got shot down.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 08:41:02 PM »
I prefer to not pick, unless the friendly is A) a squadie who has not asked me to stay out  B) a team mate is asking for help or C) the enemy make himself a threat to me. And as shown above, I saw you coming towards me for a sec from 4k away and broke towards you and saw you where engaged with with the other pony. When you disengaged the pony, I followed you up and put a burst into you. That said, I prefer to be the one that's outnumbered, if you have seen me flying over TT recently, I have been getting into some good 1v1s, 2v1s, 3v1s ect. but most end with the good old gang HO.  :rofl But I take pride in trying not to HO, but up a zeke, KI43, or brew I'll take any shots given to me on those. Just my idea of honorable game play  :salute

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 08:55:22 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/download/88j7113n2618knk/P51engagement.ahf
I was locked in maneuvering with the other 51 right up until the moment you shot me down. But that only means I was ignoring the precept "If you think you're in a 1v1 in the MA, your SA has failed you." As I said, no apologies or explanations needed.

I prefer to not pick, unless the friendly is A) a squadie who has not asked me to stay out  B) a team mate is asking for help or C) the enemy make himself a threat to me. And as shown above, I saw you coming towards me for a sec from 4k away and broke towards you and saw you where engaged with with the other pony. When you disengaged the pony, I followed you up and put a burst into you. That said, I prefer to be the one that's outnumbered, if you have seen me flying over TT recently, I have been getting into some good 1v1s, 2v1s, 3v1s ect. but most end with the good old gang HO.  :rofl But I take pride in trying not to HO, but up a zeke, KI43, or brew I'll take any shots given to me on those. Just my idea of honorable game play  :salute
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 09:41:09 AM »
C) the enemy make himself a threat to me.
I have several rules regarding attacking planes that are already engaged. The quoted one is by far the most common:

1. If I was trying to fly by and it took a shot at me - it dies, period -> . Even if there are 5 greenies on his tail I will get in there and blast him infront of their faces. From my POV, if the greenies could not keep him away from me they lost the kill rights over him, and if he avoided the friendlies just to take a shot at me he signals that he desires to die by my guns.

2. The other occasion is when the greenies are playing with their food for too long and make me nervous. I do not like to leave enemies behind me for too long even if they are supposedly engaged by friendlies. Very few players will resist taking a shot at a mosquito even if it means they will get shot down a second later, and I know he will take that shot the moment I let me guard/SA down, or when I am engaged by someone else. P51s, La7s and 190D are the typical enemies in this case, flying around with a gaggle of green uselessly following them. At some point my patience will expire and I'll jump in to kill it.

3. The third is the berserker rage. If I am in a wild furball and start foaming at the mouth, I'll shoot at anyone from any angle.

4. The last case is Yak3. Never let a Yak3 live, period -> . I'll vulch pick and gang those any chance I get and then hope they bail so I can shoot them in their chute.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 09:57:42 AM »
I have a simple rule in MA

'If I can put my guns on it I will fire'

I ask nothing other than that.  I like my life simple :D

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 10:02:42 AM »
These are the threads that need to go multiple pages....not the others

Nice to see BNZ   :cheers:
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 10:47:56 AM »
A list of "to shoot or not to shoot" situational ROE sounds like a lot to think about, on top of having to think about the fight. I'm not sure I have the processing power. I need a reason to NOT shoot a red plane, such as a friendly specifically asking me to stay out.

I have a simple rule in MA

'If I can put my guns on it I will fire'

I ask nothing other than that.  I like my life simple :D

A philosophy I can agree with.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:58:56 AM by BnZs »