Author Topic: PermaSquelch  (Read 807 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
PermaSquelch
« on: August 12, 2014, 01:35:08 AM »
I squelch about 5-8 people now that, even if I see them on, I squelch them....green and red...automatically. Not sure what the limit is on squelch but I'm pretty sure I have pushed the limit a few times.

Would love a feature where I didn't have to make this part of my everyday gameplay.

:salute

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Re: PermaSquelch
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 01:57:40 AM »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 03:38:38 AM »
Once some players were getting frustrated about my flying at the furball lake and started insulting me (which is alright) some started saying things about my baby son (which is not). I took it rather hard at the time because we hadn't long been back from the NICU. Arguably it was my own fault for discussing our experiences on the forum but you'd think some things were off limits.

I view it as if someone is causing enough issues that many people thing he should be squelched for ever, then I don't even want that person in the game.

I reported the comments I believe. The worst culprit is still lurking round the furball lake nearly every weekend. Continuously changing game ID and griefing players both verbally and with his flying. Contributes nothing to gameplay and has undoubtedly driven players away. He's done this for years now and he still gets away with it.

So while the above quote from hitech sounds like an ideal solution if the player I mentioned above has not been banned from the game then who will be?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 08:41:02 AM »
I think instead of a permasquelch.  How about a 1 week squelch?  One day a week, taking the course of 1-2 minute(s) for most players to type about 10 names.

The reason why HiTech didn't want a permasquelch was because if the culprit left (example, ManAwar) and someone else totally different and new joined who took his name, then he would be forced to bear with the punishment and hate that the other player under the same name earned. But more importantly, wouldn't be heard because he would be 'permasquelched' before his case could be heard.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 02:06:08 PM »
.airhug Junkyii  :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 06:39:34 PM »
Tinkles,

No one is playing the same Aces High as anyone else from their perspective.

This is one of the few situations in the game Hitech forces the customer to suffer social engineering for the good of game play. In real life the closest social activity to the MA is a public ice skating rink. If you don't like listening to kids crying or watch ugly fat people flounder around from your perspective as a hocky jock. The management's response is, leave. And kind of like being an ice skating rink in southern Arizona, the next one is a very long drive.

Junky even squelches his own squad some times because we don't live up to his standards or something silly like that. But, we all still love him and salute he's serving to protect all of us in the US Army.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 11:37:09 PM »

Junky even squelches his own squad some times because we don't live up to his standards or something silly like that. But, we all still love him and salute he's serving to protect all of us in the US Army.
This makes me sound like a huge A hole.....thanks man.

And no Ive squelched you because you talk so much I just need a break.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »
I squelched myself  :old:

I wish to permasquelch myself  :old:

Then secretly not have myself squelched so I can listen anyways  :old:

The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 05:27:46 PM »
 :aok