Author Topic: What AH needs...  (Read 3842 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: What AH needs...
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2014, 11:38:13 AM »
so you think this is real life?

semp

It's part of my real life just as it is yours. It's part my entertainment. I unlike you, I and others can see the issues that are plaguing the game, where you seem to think all is well..... as numbers drop, and long time players leave, and new player don't subscribe after their free time is up.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2014, 11:49:05 AM »
It's part of my real life just as it is yours. It's part my entertainment. I unlike you, I and others can see the issues that are plaguing the game, where you seem to think all is well..... as numbers drop, and long time players leave, and new player don't subscribe after their free time is up.

No, I dont think all is well.  but on the other hand I dont think today isnt any different than when I joined 7 or 8 years ago.  back then players whined about hording and no "honor" just like they did today.

what I think is that players have always been the same.  there's some that will practice and become highly skilled at actually flying or become highly skilled at manipulating the score.

then there's others like me that just come here log in a for an hour or two to "drink a couple and shoot the breeze with a couple of friends".  this is what the majority of players are.

I have spent 3 or 4k dollars upgrading and upgrading my computer with newer and better stick, cpu....  but not for the sake of "getting some skill" but for the sake of immersion and make me think I am in a "real" airplane for a short while.  dont really care who wins the war or how the base gets captured.  all I know is to keep it simple and fun.  no point in planning an approach to a base from 3 different points just for the sake of making somebody feel like a "general" planing a battle.  the end result will always be the same, you end up blowing everybody away over their base or you get blown away on the way to the base.

so while you have the illusion that things have changed may I remind you that the "more thinks change the more they stay the same".

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2014, 11:56:39 AM »
We as a community have lost our character that we possessed back then.

No.  I disagree completely.  There is no character in "we".  It is individuals that have character.  Be responsible for your own character, play well with others and you will have done your part to make the game better.  You either make the game better by your actions or you make the game worse by your actions.  Show others what a quality game citizen is by your actions.  Make an example of yourself that is positive so others have something besides the fools on the other side to emulate.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 12:33:29 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2014, 11:57:17 AM »
I miss wwhen fights happened BETWEEN the damn fields.  Now everything is either over or next to ack. 

Those fights are easy to get going if you really want to, we just go heavy drop Vh and acks while were doing this our fellow country see this and feel brave now and decide to join the party when they do this our squad breaks off and flys to the enemies closest AF and we usually run into them about halfway there and there is always a great fight about to ensue.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2014, 12:24:56 PM »
No, I dont think all is well.  but on the other hand I dont think today isnt any different than when I joined 7 or 8 years ago.  back then players whined about hording and no "honor" just like they did today.

what I think is that players have always been the same.  there's some that will practice and become highly skilled at actually flying or become highly skilled at manipulating the score.

then there's others like me that just come here log in a for an hour or two to "drink a couple and shoot the breeze with a couple of friends".  this is what the majority of players are.

I have spent 3 or 4k dollars upgrading and upgrading my computer with newer and better stick, cpu....  but not for the sake of "getting some skill" but for the sake of immersion and make me think I am in a "real" airplane for a short while.  dont really care who wins the war or how the base gets captured.  all I know is to keep it simple and fun.  no point in planning an approach to a base from 3 different points just for the sake of making somebody feel like a "general" planing a battle.  the end result will always be the same, you end up blowing everybody away over their base or you get blown away on the way to the base.

so while you have the illusion that things have changed may I remind you that the "more thinks change the more they stay the same".

semp

So you admit you wear blinders. Your ok with just upping and having a few drinks and bit of fun. You don't care about what goes on around you as long as you can log in and have a few drinks with friends. Lets put it into a different perspective. You meet the "guys" at a local watering hole. You have a few drinks and a few laughs and it's good. Your known as a regular. The regulars however don't support the bar, it's all the others that pop in that do. If you don't add to the menu of bar food, if you don't slap a new cover on the pool tables now and then, if you don't swap out the pinball machine now and then, all those others that pop in and are NOT part of that little group of yours stop coming in and start going to that watering hole on the other side of town. Your watering hole closes because it can no longer support it self.

Thats whats going on at Aces High. you blindly sit there on your favorite stool and "poo-poo" anyone and everyone who says things are getting dingy and that the pool table needs a new cover. A few years ago there was 1000 players on at prime time US, now its around 300-350. What ever the reason changes have to be made to adapt and bring new players in. All these suggestions by me and other players are just that, suggestions on how thing MAY be changed. Whether they are good or bad ideas, is up to HTC ultimately but at least we are trying, you on the other hand, well you can enjoy your old stool and hope that you don't log on one days a get an "Page not found" error.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2014, 02:53:30 AM »
So you admit you wear blinders. Your ok with just upping and having a few drinks and bit of fun. You don't care about what goes on around you as long as you can log in and have a few drinks with friends. Lets put it into a different perspective. You meet the "guys" at a local watering hole. You have a few drinks and a few laughs and it's good. Your known as a regular. The regulars however don't support the bar, it's all the others that pop in that do. If you don't add to the menu of bar food, if you don't slap a new cover on the pool tables now and then, if you don't swap out the pinball machine now and then, all those others that pop in and are NOT part of that little group of yours stop coming in and start going to that watering hole on the other side of town. Your watering hole closes because it can no longer support it self.

Thats whats going on at Aces High. you blindly sit there on your favorite stool and "poo-poo" anyone and everyone who says things are getting dingy and that the pool table needs a new cover. A few years ago there was 1000 players on at prime time US, now its around 300-350. What ever the reason changes have to be made to adapt and bring new players in. All these suggestions by me and other players are just that, suggestions on how thing MAY be changed. Whether they are good or bad ideas, is up to HTC ultimately but at least we are trying, you on the other hand, well you can enjoy your old stool and hope that you don't log on one days a get an "Page not found" error.

the game has been updated several times since I got here 7 years ago.  many new planes have been added.  some things have changed like f3 mode in the il2.

and I am not against updates to the game, I actually want more.  what I find amusing is you bringing up the "old player utopia" that the game once had.  this never happened except in your mind.  when I got here 7 or 8 years ago it was horde against horde and the main whine was "way too many squeakers" and "hordes", and how the "quality of the game players was in decline".  does it sound familiar?  we have players right now complaining that they dont find a 1v1 in the ma anymore, while mentioning that it wasnt like that years ago.  really?  with 1000 players online they let you have a 1v1 often?

they way you want players to play the game has never happened.  sure there are some squads that will plan a mission and you yourself have mentioned that you planned many more but that wasnt the rule it was the exception.  just like it is today.

you really want new players to stick around then you should really ask for the attitude of some squads and some players to change.  for example the attitude of some players who think it's bad to ho on the first pass but ok to ho on the second pass.  really a ho on the second pass is better?  what is the dang difference?  or the other hilarious thing I find is the "let's go to the da" and prove yourself after one of the two didnt like the results of a fight they just had. 

semp

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2014, 05:24:36 AM »
No.  I disagree completely.  There is no character in "we".  It is individuals that have character.  Be responsible for your own character, play well with others and you will have done your part to make the game better.  You either make the game better by your actions or you make the game worse by your actions.  Show others what a quality game citizen is by your actions.  Make an example of yourself that is positive so others have something besides the fools on the other side to emulate.

Good. Provoked a response.

I didn't agree with the statement I made that you quoted. There are some in this community that do make it more difficult to stay when you are the new guy. "learn fast or get out quick" type mentality, very merciless and unforgiving. Those are the types that hurt the community and the game.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2014, 10:15:41 AM »
the game has been updated several times since I got here 7 years ago.  many new planes have been added.  some things have changed like f3 mode in the il2.

and I am not against updates to the game, I actually want more.  what I find amusing is you bringing up the "old player utopia" that the game once had.  this never happened except in your mind.  when I got here 7 or 8 years ago it was horde against horde and the main whine was "way too many squeakers" and "hordes", and how the "quality of the game players was in decline".  does it sound familiar?  we have players right now complaining that they dont find a 1v1 in the ma anymore, while mentioning that it wasnt like that years ago.  really?  with 1000 players online they let you have a 1v1 often?

they way you want players to play the game has never happened.  sure there are some squads that will plan a mission and you yourself have mentioned that you planned many more but that wasnt the rule it was the exception.  just like it is today.

you really want new players to stick around then you should really ask for the attitude of some squads and some players to change.  for example the attitude of some players who think it's bad to ho on the first pass but ok to ho on the second pass.  really a ho on the second pass is better?  what is the dang difference?  or the other hilarious thing I find is the "let's go to the da" and prove yourself after one of the two didnt like the results of a fight they just had.  

semp

Sorry, I've been here almost 12 years. In that 4 or 5 year gap between us don't you think I might have been telling it true? Yes we had hordes..... but not every night not every base capture. Yes people jumped into 1 vs 1, but not 6 and 7 at a time and more people did respect the fight and would ask before jumping in, unlike today where kill count is so important.

Sure HTC has added planes and updated the graphics, but if the game play continues to be bastardized less and less people are going to stay and play it... and PAY for it. After all there are FREE flight games out there that suck about as bad as this one is become tho in different ways. Why should people PAY for this one?

Lets see, pay $15 a month to be bullied/harassed by adolescent big mouths, fly in a horde bombing the same buildings over and over, milk run for hours in buffs, or defend against 5 or more to 1 odds, orrrrr play for free with a crappy flight model (that most players don't care about because they DONT fly/fight) beautiful graphics and thousands of players. Free and easy, or expensive and hard, whos going to draw the bigger numbers?

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2014, 10:39:40 AM »
Whats this free game your gibbering on about?

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2014, 11:22:25 AM »
Sorry, I've been here almost 12 years. In that 4 or 5 year gap between us don't you think I might have been telling it true? Yes we had hordes..... but not every night not every base capture. Yes people jumped into 1 vs 1, but not 6 and 7 at a time and more people did respect the fight and would ask before jumping in, unlike today where kill count is so important.

Sure HTC has added planes and updated the graphics, but if the game play continues to be bastardized less and less people are going to stay and play it... and PAY for it. After all there are FREE flight games out there that suck about as bad as this one is become tho in different ways. Why should people PAY for this one?

Lets see, pay $15 a month to be bullied/harassed by adolescent big mouths, fly in a horde bombing the same buildings over and over, milk run for hours in buffs, or defend against 5 or more to 1 odds, orrrrr play for free with a crappy flight model (that most players don't care about because they DONT fly/fight) beautiful graphics and thousands of players. Free and easy, or expensive and hard, whos going to draw the bigger numbers?

dude I have posted links going back to the year 2000 and there's threads about hordes and why this country or that country must horde all the time.  same complaining about numbers...   same thing as today.

but you do mean to tell me that in the other games you dont get harassed by adolescent big mouths?  I play wot as much as I play aces high and it's the same thing over there.  players complaining about the graphics, about the game play, about the other players not learning the game......

does it sound familiar.  and they do have thousands of players but guess what I am playing right now there's 25,000 players online but the fight is only 15v15.  and the whines are about all the noob players rushing in to get a shot or 2 before they die.

and there are no free games out there, somebody has to pay.

semp

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2014, 11:27:28 AM »
Aces high has always allowed us to fly from point A to B, but as of lately we are missing what is in-between A and B.  Aces High needs something that happens midway through the journey... It used be here...I remember it! :old:

:noid :noid

I see what you did there.   :bolt:
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2014, 02:10:51 PM »
dude I have posted links going back to the year 2000 and there's threads about hordes and why this country or that country must horde all the time.  same complaining about numbers...   same thing as today.

but you do mean to tell me that in the other games you dont get harassed by adolescent big mouths?  I play wot as much as I play aces high and it's the same thing over there.  players complaining about the graphics, about the game play, about the other players not learning the game......

does it sound familiar.  and they do have thousands of players but guess what I am playing right now there's 25,000 players online but the fight is only 15v15.  and the whines are about all the noob players rushing in to get a shot or 2 before they die.

semp

Again, you don't read very well I stated that there were hordes in the old days just not as many as we have now. People like you laughed at me and went on and on about my observations of how the NOE was becoming the norm instead of the occasional mission we had in the old days. Well, they slapped down on the NOEs pretty hard at one point so much so you couldn't get wheels up without showing on dar. HTC did ease up, but it is still much harder to NOE over land now than it was in the "old days".

Nope, there is nothing free out there. Must be false advertising.

Maybe we can take them to court and get some money out of them.

Most people play for free there, but there is a sucker born every minute so Im sure there are a large number of fools using money to get ahead in those games. The point is if you don't have anything invested you can take a lot more crap. When investing your hard earned money every month most people expect a certain standard. Many here feel that standard is falling behind.

You can deign it all you want but many here see issues and hope they will be address. In the last 4 years the number of kills have almost been cut in half. If something doesn't change why wouldn't you think it would continue to drop, and as more leave that drop will accelerate much like the population in an under manned arena does.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2014, 02:27:50 PM »
dude I have posted links going back to the year 2000 and there's threads about hordes and why this country or that country must horde all the time.  same complaining about numbers...   same thing as today.

but you do mean to tell me that in the other games you dont get harassed by adolescent big mouths?  I play wot as much as I play aces high and it's the same thing over there.  players complaining about the graphics, about the game play, about the other players not learning the game......

does it sound familiar.  and they do have thousands of players but guess what I am playing right now there's 25,000 players online but the fight is only 15v15.  and the whines are about all the noob players rushing in to get a shot or 2 before they die.

semp

You're spot on. Of course your "someone has to pay argument" is quite accurate as well, other posters obviously didn't understand your reference to economics (watch them come back and claim they knew all along now).

The reason why the game is dying isn't some mysterious change in player attitudes or demeanors. Online games have always attracted a certain type of competitive mindset.

The problem is:
1) The graphics
2) The optimization of the game
3) Access (and advertising) to the game
4) A manifestation of outside gamer xenophobia in the community as a whole

The last point, surprisingly, probably has the most impact to player retention. The whole "we want new players, but we want them to act like us, the guys who are part of a dying community" argument.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2014, 02:53:26 PM »
dude I have posted links going back to the year 2000 and there's threads about hordes and why this country or that country must horde all the time.  same complaining about numbers...   same thing as today.

but you do mean to tell me that in the other games you dont get harassed by adolescent big mouths?  I play wot as much as I play aces high and it's the same thing over there.  players complaining about the graphics, about the game play, about the other players not learning the game......

does it sound familiar.  and they do have thousands of players but guess what I am playing right now there's 25,000 players online but the fight is only 15v15.  and the whines are about all the noob players rushing in to get a shot or 2 before they die.

semp

Personally, I find the ones who spew the "I play for the fight and won't catch me in a horde" on here and lo behold where you find them in game, the most sad.   I have taken breaks and have always returned to this game.   War Thunder sucks and World of Tanks changed their spotting system too many times to count.   I can run AH with max settings, just as I can run the other two at max. settings, using three monitors.   But I have many true friends in the game and there are many that I have not even met yet.   Those friends are what keep me coming back to this game.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2014, 02:58:57 PM »
Again, you don't read very well I stated that there were hordes in the old days just not as many as we have now.

Again, you are still wrong as usual. The hordes were different and less frequent because there were LESS PLAYERS!

Even now, there are more players in general than that nostalgic time period you wont let go of.  If you want that low number, low horde game style, there are less populated games available.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod