Author Topic: Grounded - Windows 7 No CH controllers working  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Majors

• Copper Member
Grounded - Windows 7 No CH controllers working
« on: August 30, 2014, 09:58:42 AM »
Hi

Since I got a new PC last year with win 7, my CH controllers, throttle, fighterstick, and pedals have ceased to work.  I have the latest version of control manager, and still none of my maps work.  I have installed and reinstalled, etc.

Has anyone had this problem?  If so, what must I do to get these working again?

Don't get much help from CH Products.

Many thanks

Cheeries

Majors

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Grounded - Windows 7 No CH controllers working
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 10:57:16 AM »
I use all CH gear on my Win7 computer with out any problems at all. I also do NOT use the CH manager. I use the ingame system to assign all the buttons and axis.

First, can you see/test your CH stuff in windows start/devices and printers?

If you can right click a controller and select "game controller settings", select a controller, select "properties", and you should be able to check to see if the buttons and axis are "seen" by windows.

If this all works, it should be able to work in the game.

Once in the game you'll have to map your controllers. Use the drop down window in the map controllers area to select each controller, select the things you want to program/set and do so being sure to save/ok when done to have the game remember the settings. If you can this far and want help setting up the stick in the game, post again and we can give you mre detailed instruction for that.   

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 02:54:44 PM »
Hi

Since I got a new PC last year with win 7, my CH controllers, throttle, fighterstick, and pedals have ceased to work.

Hello Majors, have you checked to make sure that all your CH Products controllers
(your CH Fighter Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals ) are all plugged in to USB 2.0 plug-in's  <---- NOTE: USB 2.0 will be BLACK, where as USB 3.0 will be BLUE

are you using a "POWERED" USB HUB ?

I have the latest version of control manager, and still none of my maps work.  I have installed and reinstalled, etc.

Has anyone had this problem?  If so, what must I do to get these working again?

Don't get much help from CH Products.

Many thanks

Cheeries

Majors

I use all CH gear on my Win7 computer with out any problems at all. I also do NOT use the CH manager. I use the in-game system to assign all the buttons and axis.

I use my CH HOTAS system the same way as Fugi (The Fugitive)   does, I also do NOT use the CH Control Manager. I use the in-game system to assign all the buttons and axis.

I also do not use any POWERED USB Hubs , nor non-powered USB Hubs........

I do have my USB ports set to where they are always "power always on"

hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 03:02:00 PM »
Make sure you have the pitch, roll, and rudder axis assigned in the AH controller setup.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 03:38:04 PM by FLS »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 03:33:53 PM »
I was going to say.  Mapping everything in the CH software will not do you any good, if you do not map those controls in the game as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Majors

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 09:10:16 AM »
Hello Mates

Many thanks for this advice.  Looks like I am going to be busy this afternoon.  As info, I do have my controllers plugged into usb 2.0 on a powered hub. 

As an old aviator, I fly in Flight Simulator (have since it came out in the 80's).  I expect I will have to map everything in that as well.  I have not been able to use anything since Win 7.  Anyone flying that.

Nevertheless, I will get to work on AH and hopefully see one of you there one day.

Again, many thanks and very best wishes

Majors
249RAF
Oldest Yank in the RAF

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 02:05:43 PM »
Hi Majors,

I'm using a CH Fighterstick, throttle and pedals with Windows 7. I did not use CH's software to map them though, I assigned all the buttons and axis in AH's own controls setup.

Offline Majors

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 11:33:31 AM »
Hello Greebo

Many thanks for your response.  I want to congratulate you on the super work you do on skins.  I grew up during WWII and lived during the war at Pensacola Naval Air Station.  I saw and heard a number of these planes.  Also, later in life, as a pilot I was in the CAF and had an opportunity to fly a number of them as well.

Getting old and cranky in my old age.  Trying to get these controllers to work is pretty difficult.  The old eyes are just not what they used to be.  I am having a hard time with the mapping in AH.  Perhaps there might be a manual one could read that advises each step.  Every time an information box opens the print is even smaller than before.  Drat!

Do you know of any publication I might get my hands on that would give me a step by step? 

Keep up the good work.  And, any information would be appreciated.

Cheeries

Majors

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »
At the top of the clipboard there's a magnifying glass with a + on it. Click that to make the clipboard bigger and easier to read.

When you double click any button on your controller while in the setup menu you should get a pop up to select an action for that button.
It's easy once you get the hang of it.

Offline Majors

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 02:53:42 PM »
FLS

Many thanks.  I didn't see the + sign.  Will check this out. 

Cheeries

Majors

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 05:25:45 PM »
I have CH gear also and I had to uninstall all ch programing and delete the folder, and just use windows for calibration and then just set them up in the game and all my problems went away.  This started with windows 7 and then when I went to 8 and 8.1 I tried ch programing again and again it would not work so I again uninstalled it and deleted the folder and the problem went away again, so I think it is just the ch programing

salute
ab8aac/dmdchief
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 08:53:42 AM »
   I have the same issues with a CH combatstick. It seems that the computer (not AH) does not recognize the controller at startup. Unplugging and replugging the usb while the computer is on is the quick fix for me though irritating.
      I did some windows troubleshooting and it noticed it wasn't recognizing some hardware and fixed it for a time but the problem came back. I haven't delved into again yet. Running W7 pro on a new computer bought this year.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 09:16:11 AM »
I used to have a weird USB problem with my PC. Every time I plugged, unplugged, turned on or off any USB device the computer would stop responding to user inputs. I couldn't type or click on anything with the mouse, although the mouse pointer would move. This lasted for about a minute and then everything was OK again.

When I had my CH gear running through the CH software it would load the current setup into the CH controllers each time I booted up. This would then cause the PC to go through this partial lockup for a minute. So my main reason for setting the controllers up through AH directly was to fix this boot up delay.

I recently discovered the cause of the problem. I had a 5M long USB 2.0 lead connected to my USB 2.0 backup external HDD. When this HDD showed signs of failure I upgraded it to a new USB 3.0 one. A few days later I swapped out the old USB lead for a new USB 3.0 one and the problem went away.

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 09:43:49 AM »
I have ch pedals and they work pretty fine with win7 just plug&play did not even install ch manager.
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 09:54:04 AM »
  Changed the usb for my stick like some have said from the front to one on back of the computer and seemed to be ok now.  :aok  :joystick:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.