Author Topic: No country dar  (Read 4618 times)

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
No country dar
« on: September 01, 2014, 01:34:18 PM »
  It seems that country dar is down Alot lately.

This game is Not fun with country dar down.  When its "not fun" I go do something else.

Been in the game since AW and I have ran more than my share of resupply runs to get HQ back up, but im Not going to do it when it
  takes 40 or more runs.  Resupply time is getting somewhat ridiculous lately.

Also when country dar is down that country is usually  Horded by the other 2 countries  and it seems people log off which make     
  the outnumbered situation even worse.

Just my reason for not playing as much anymore and possibly others as well.

Wondering if this is part of numbers being down.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: No country dar
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 01:37:44 PM »
 Wondering if this is part of numbers being down.

No, it's not. Numbers are slowly going down for a long time now.
HQ's being down that much and for that long only began recently, and is especially frequent on the newest terrain addition, FesterMa. Reason is the position of City and HQ, vastly increasing the downtimes, and very much increasing the difficulty of defending the HQ as well as resupplying it.

Of course, this effect probably won't help numbers much in the future either ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 07:58:44 PM »
Yep.  Big map + no dar + low player count = lots of time looking for fights.

Its been suggested before but I believe a fixed downtime would be better.  Maybe 15 minutes.
AMAX  in game

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 08:06:14 PM »
Combine the Fester map and a population of less than 60 and you have a recipe for tedium. I think at some hour the settings should change to no hq downtime and shorter down times on all the strats. If you want and can, increase points for bombers but as it is the late night strats and definitely the late night hq are not helping.
Pies not kicks.

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 12:37:56 AM »
It happened around 9 tonight PAC time. I was sleepy, couldn't stay awake long enough to find a fight... Logged off. Bummer. I'll be back though.  :rolleyes:
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 02:14:20 AM »
I just logged off.  All dar was down for us the entire time.  For a game that promotes air combat why make it so hard to find said combat?

I get that strats and HQ and everything should mean something.  Here's an idea: Any time any type of damage is done to radar you can still see dot dar within visual range of the/a field, but not friendly/enemy differentiation until they are somewhat closer so as to be able to make an ID on the plane, thus simulating people on the field and in the tower looking around and sending reports.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 03:28:36 AM »
I just logged off.  All dar was down for us the entire time.  For a game that promotes air combat why make it so hard to find said combat?

One thing that non-bish have never grasped is that having radar on base or country level is a "who gives a kraap" point for most bish I know (who voice the opinion on green or local VOX.)

It is gut-busting hilarious observing both gnat & crook pork aspirants auger & die a great portion of the time just to drop something at the bottom of the strategic food chain.  For a disabled old geezer like me it's worth the 50 cents a day for the heart-healthy laughs.

BTW:  For the "bish auger porking ords as well" peanut gallery crowd.....yes, we even make MASSIVE fun of them as well.  :rofl

Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 03:48:14 AM »
there have been a couple of threads about this in the wishlist sub-forum.

The HQ-down mechanism must change. Shortening the dowtime of HQ will either change nothing or make HQ attacks pointless. While I do not mind the latter result, some players like HQ attacks and defense. There needs to be some other penalty for losing HQ in the strategic level that does not involve the dar bars.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 05:39:33 AM »
This is really getting old.  I agree either shorten the time or eliminate this irritating feature of AH.  Lots of Vox traffic on this newest trend.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 06:12:42 AM »
Personally I don't care whether the HQ is up or down, but even I know that it does the game no good when there are not many on because of it.

For what the HQ does, it is very easy to take down and has practically no defensive ack.  There should be 4x the amount of puffy ack and low lvl ack, and the MINIMUM requirement to bring it down should be no less than 120k.

The ack issue isn't something that has an easy fix, however the HQ's toughness is.  A quick fix until they revamp the HQ and it's layout (if it is in the works), is to bump it up to 120k ords to bring it down. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 08:21:27 AM »
While the HQ being down is slightly annoying....I'd hesitate to say it is hard to find a fight.   

It's pretty easy to predict the behavior and movement of the Knit hordes.  :lol
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 08:21:30 AM »
Personally I don't care whether the HQ is up or down, but even I know that it does the game no good when there are not many on because of it.

For what the HQ does, it is very easy to take down and has practically no defensive ack.  There should be 4x the amount of puffy ack and low lvl ack, and the MINIMUM requirement to bring it down should be no less than 120k.

The ack issue isn't something that has an easy fix, however the HQ's toughness is.  A quick fix until they revamp the HQ and it's layout (if it is in the works), is to bump it up to 120k ords to bring it down. :headscratch:

The puffy ack around the HQ should be at least twice as much as anything else in the game. After all, it's your HQ! That's something I would think you'd position a lot of AAA around.

I've also been thinking, what if we redesigned the HQ as well as change it's function? What if the HQ acted like the strats where you can damage a percentage of it? And, the only way to completely shut down the function of the HQ is to drop it to 0%. Make it a large complex area that requires quite a bit of ords to drop just 1 structure. This way it would require the teamwork of many bombers to kill an HQ rather than 1 set of lancs destroying 1 building.

Just a thought.  :uhoh

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 08:32:30 AM »
This is really getting old.

I think ridiculous is the word you were looking for.

There needs to be some other penalty for losing HQ in the strategic level that does not involve the dar bars.

:aok

Moochelle says: "Bring back our darbars!#"

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:58:37 AM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 08:38:00 AM »
Yep.  Big map + no dar + low player count = lots of time looking for fights.

Its been suggested before but I believe a fixed downtime would be better.  Maybe 15 minutes.

Better yet remove the lame hq porking. It's nothing but an annoyance that totally ruins the fun for the horded country. It's like the creaming on the cake, first you get horded and vulched, then they use the jilted numbers to milkrun the hq to further reduce the fun for the underdogs.

HQ porking would work if it would become the harder the more players you have and easier the less players you have. That way the underdogs could use hq attacks as a defensive move to blind the horde and the horde would have to put serious effort to kill the underdogs hq.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:42:10 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 09:07:57 AM »
I don't agree, with the HQ down yesterday I had no problem finding our two bases constantly rained on by a stream of enemy fighters. ... and I still don't understand why most like clouds of red, it just promotes the use of very few planes when on the receiving end.

Either way, high speed passes into a cloud of lower ubber turners or ubber turning avoiding attackers hoping to catch one offguard is still not 'dogfighting'. It's gunery practice for the ones without cannons, and SA practice for the others. :old:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------