Author Topic: No country dar  (Read 4673 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: No country dar
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2014, 12:08:50 PM »
As far as I'm aware the HQ settings and locations are about the same for every country ;)

Dang!

Population:  Me
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2014, 12:14:07 PM »
Then pick a better country to fly for.

LOL yeah that's the solution, more people move to the horde. You could just disband the 3rd country in the end, problem solved.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2014, 12:17:18 PM »
LOL yeah that's the solution, more people move to the horde. You could just disband the 3rd country in the end, problem solved.

What I'm saying is this.  If your country doesn't care enough to keep the radar up they don't deserve it.
If you care enough but your team doesn't, you should try another team.

There's a reason we don't see members of the Dallas Cowboys going on ESPN to complain about  how the NFL insists on keeping score. :bolt:
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2014, 12:25:28 PM »
I don't agree, with the HQ down yesterday I had no problem finding our two bases constantly rained on by a stream of enemy fighters. ... and I still don't understand why most like clouds of red, it just promotes the use of very few planes when on the receiving end.

Either way, high speed passes into a cloud of lower ubber turners or ubber turning avoiding attackers hoping to catch one offguard is still not 'dogfighting'. It's gunery practice for the ones without cannons, and SA practice for the others. :old:

only P*!&ies complain about no dar. the fight is right there at the blinking bases HQ or no HQ. these guys are just too scared to take it because they have less intel and dont want to risk looking at it without it being a sure thing.

any base that has an enemy player near it will flash with hq up or down. finding a fight isn't the issue. the security of watching dots on a map is what people are really complaining about. it takes a lot more effort to scan for the enemy vs waiting for them to come to your territory and bounce them after you climb to alt from beyond visual range.

kill the enemy hq before they kill yours since its so easy. if you don't want to spend time resupplying might contemplate capping the hq as it sounds like a bomber magnet... might get a lot of kills there. it is after all supposed to be an attractive bomber target.

unless the defending country has lost a lot of bases it will take a group of bombers a lot of time to get to altitude and reach your hq. (longer than the 1 sector resupply trip.)

when i set up my map and field and hq positions i balanced the time it took to resupply with the time it took to destroy. (yes i flew the bomber and resupply routes)

there is nothing accidental happening on fester's map. it was designed this way deliberately.

the lamentations of the lazy resupply horde are sweet tears to the bomber pilots that actually organize and raid the strat targets.

only way you are gonna get bomber pilot hq raider tears en mass is to actually defend the city/HQ and kill them as they are inbound. sounds like you arent going to piss them off by resupplying the hq before they leave the sector and you cant thumb your nose at them and tell them: "haha hq back up you cant hurt us we resupply spammed it haha."

personally i cant wait to up and smash an entire raid of bombers while capping hq/city then organize a group of bombers and go smash the enemy city then their hq.

delicious tears.

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »
there is nothing accidental happening on fester's map. it was designed this way deliberately.

So... the ability for an NOE Lanc set to be able to smash the HQ before 163s can scramble and get to it was by design?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2014, 12:32:43 PM »
only P*!&ies complain about no dar. the fight is right there at the blinking bases HQ or no HQ. these guys are just too scared to take it because they have less intel and dont want to risk looking at it without it being a sure thing.

any base that has an enemy player near it will flash with hq up or down. finding a fight isn't the issue. the security of watching dots on a map is what people are really complaining about. it takes a lot more effort to scan for the enemy vs waiting for them to come to your territory and bounce them after you climb to alt from beyond visual range.

kill the enemy hq before they kill yours since its so easy. if you don't want to spend time resupplying might contemplate capping the hq as it sounds like a bomber magnet... might get a lot of kills there. it is after all supposed to be an attractive bomber target.

unless the defending country has lost a lot of bases it will take a group of bombers a lot of time to get to altitude and reach your hq. (longer than the 1 sector resupply trip.)

when i set up my map and field and hq positions i balanced the time it took to resupply with the time it took to destroy. (yes i flew the bomber and resupply routes)

the lamentations of the lazy resupply horde are sweet tears to the bomber pilots that actually organize and raid the strat targets.

only way you are gonna get bomber pilot hq raider tears en mass is to actually defend the city/HQ and kill them as they are inbound. sounds like you arent going to piss them off by resupplying the hq before they leave the sector and you cant thumb your nose at them and tell them: "haha hq back up you cant hurt us we resupply spammed it haha."

personally i cant wait to up and smash an entire raid of bombers while capping hq/city then organize a group of bombers and go smash the enemy city then their hq.

delicious tears.

When you coming back mate?  The game is better with you in it.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2014, 12:33:33 PM »
What I'm saying is this.  If your country doesn't care enough to keep the radar up they don't deserve it.
If you care enough but your team doesn't, you should try another team.

There's a reason we don't see members of the Dallas Cowboys going on ESPN to complain about  how the NFL insists on keeping score. :bolt:

Being horded has nothing to do with caring. I project your thought back to you: If your country would care about the wellbeing of the game they would not engage in an unfair advantage that they know will ruin the oppositions fun. Yet they go for the instant gratification and jump where the bar is the lowest.

Everyone who participates to the horde hurts the game.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2014, 12:37:11 PM »
You're making two very big and very wrong assumptions here Ripley.

1.  That I horde
2.  That horde-ing is unfair

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2014, 12:48:11 PM »

So... the ability for an NOE Lanc set to be able to smash the HQ before 163s can scramble and get to it was by design?

Wiley.

Even worse than that: a few days ago, a few M4s and an M3 drove 4 or 5 sectors to our HQ.  Tanks can go right through enemy sectors without triggering any warning. The M4's rockets were able to kill it with very little or no warning and the M3 resupplied them.  They killed the HQ several times until they were discovered.  At first, it was assumed NOE Lancs were the culprit, as has been the case more than a few times. 

delicious tears.

If someone gets mad because you best them in combat, that is their problem.  If they get mad because you enjoy making them mad, that is your problem.  A mental one.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:49:45 PM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2014, 01:00:18 PM »
some gv dweebs spent 5 hrs driving to hq because it was worth it to them to hit hq then hit it multiple times because no one was interested in defending hq or thought outside the box about the method used to attack hq? "everyone just assumed" LMAO!

lmao

the vitriol the tears the mind numbing laziness vs the ingenuity and clever attacks. the total lack of interest in defense in spite of the consequences all in the name of it "being to hard or everyone having better things to do than be good at the game"
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »
great work tankers.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2014, 01:11:08 PM »
some gv dweebs spent 5 hrs driving to hq because it was worth it to them to hit hq then hit it multiple times because no one was interested in defending hq or thought outside the box about the method used to attack hq? "everyone just assumed" LMAO!

lmao

the vitriol the tears the mind numbing laziness vs the ingenuity and clever attacks. the total lack of interest in defense in spite of the consequences all in the name of it "being to hard or everyone having better things to do than be good at the game"

So loitering over the HQ awaiting the possibility of an attack is the desired result.  Interesting choice.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2014, 01:11:27 PM »
You're making two very big and very wrong assumptions here Ripley.

1.  That I horde
2.  That horde-ing is unfair

1) You wouldn't defend the horde if you weren't part of it
2) Nothing could be more unfair and detrimental to the games subscriptions

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2014, 01:15:10 PM »

lmao

You're kidding, right?  People should drive tanks 2 sectors to their own HQ and wait for an indeterminate time, on the off chance enemy tanks might be driving for hours to get there?
Or should they fly with ords and drop tanks, while hovering on station for a threat that won't ever materialize because the enemy can see their darbar and will wait until they land?

What a great way to spend one's game time!  :rolleyes:

Laziness?  How much time would you spend hovering over your own HQ if there were no dar bars for miles?   HQs are going down regularly on all 3 sides.  So everyone is just lazy.  Easy to say that from the sidelines I guess.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2014, 01:16:31 PM »

There is no organisation in strat raids. With very few exeptions, it's single players, and mostly NOE, going for the HQs. I also thought that players should be made to enage each other in combat, and not put 10 people for 50 minutes in goons. Which is alos almost impossible to accomplish during most houts of the day, with the low population we currently have.

As I have shown in different places, there are several terrains where you can reach enemy HQ without triggering any alarm before it's ultimately too late. On some others, including yours, there are ways to totally minimize alarm and possible enemy reaction. Go NOE to the city and pass it. You will trigger City ans one Vbase alarm only, but nobody knows that you aren't bombing the city at all. Each time the city flashes, a player would have to race instantly to the HQ, just in case.

All bases are also so far removed from HQ that no conventional fighter will get up to a high alt raider either the moment you even suspect igoing for HQ area at all. And against a suspected NOE raider (when HQ is flashign it's too late anyway) it's also a very huge risk to use a Komet - the distance to the next airbase to land on idangerously high for a Komet on the deck.

Constantly capping the HQ and 'rackign up kills there' is simply totall unrealistic nonsense. Who's flying for an hour or so over the HQ just because someone might come along... which will probaly happen when you have to land ;)

Nothing of this all has anything to do with cartoon bravery. It's simply the question if things are balanced well.
The maximum impact on gameplay possible in AH atm can be done by just one player with little risk, skill and just a tad of luck. Killing an HQ with such an impact should require an equally big effort. That's all what it is about for most of us.

Regards,
A pu**"

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman