Author Topic: JOUSTING! (Or learning how to shoot people down, first-pass, at the merge)  (Read 4013 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: JOUSTING! (Or learning how to shoot people down, first-pass, at the merge)
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2014, 09:50:31 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:48:43 PM by Skuzzy »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2014, 09:55:25 AM »
Skyyr seems to be going through all of the stages of The Beginners 101 course:

Cutting engine - doesn't work

Putting gear down- doesn't work

Trying to get the best HO shot- doesn't work

Trying to act dominant on the BBs when you really don't know jack about the overall game yet- doesn't work

The only thing I've heard so far from the duels I've heard about are how using this " front quarter shot" is pretty much your only cheap effective technique when you both turn back in after the merge or you go for the  E rope maneuver and BnZ the rest of the fight.

Sounds like such a fun and exhilerating match for all involved.  :rolleyes:

Grannit, I'll give you some acknowledgment of your progress so far and 2v2s- you have the passion.  Even I did all these things when I first started. But I learned real quick there are much more effective techniques, that is why this is so funny.

Interesting that he has recycled the Personaility trait thread and Sunbats Joust troll thread from 2010.   I agree.  There's not much originality there, including the Cmex Method of scoring.  Simply ramp up the fighter score safely early in the month and fly attack mode for the balance of the month.   Kill points will suffer but cheapo none-the-less.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2014, 10:13:31 AM »

I don't know....it seems to work fine for him, at least based on what I've seen to date.  Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AosmWgMOvak&list=UUS3BgEUTkcTYy7FdYRB2U4A

Can't say I've ever seen him drop gear...but I see lots of dedicated Hog pilots do it so it's working for someone.

FYI - I think we covered HOs in my prior post...but hey, why not a refresher:

Why yes, my good man, some are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv4OGkJX-OU&list=UUS3BgEUTkcTYy7FdYRB2U4A

:lol

:)

Trying to act dominant on the BBs when you really don't know jack about the overall game yet- doesn't work

The only thing I've heard so far from the duels I've heard about are how using this " front quarter shot" is pretty much your only cheap effective technique when you both turn back in after the merge or you go for the  E rope maneuver and BnZ the rest of the fight.

Sounds like such a fun and exhilerating match for all involved.  :rolleyes:

Grannit, I'll give you some acknowledgment of your progress so far and 2v2s- you have the passion.  Even I did all these things when I first started. But I learned real quick there are much more effective techniques, that is why this is so funny.

The rest I leave for Skyyr to address, if he so chooses. 

BTW...I think you mean to type "Granted".

:headscratch:

I'm curious, Violator.  Since you have listed all the things in Skyyr's "bag of tricks" that do not work.......have you fought him 1v1?

Interesting that he has recycled the Personaility trait thread and Sunbats Joust troll thread from 2010.   I agree.  There's not much originality there, including the Cmex Method of scoring.  Simply ramp up the fighter score safely early in the month and fly attack mode for the balance of the month.   Kill points will suffer but cheapo none-the-less.

I've asked you the same question, Changeup, but let me ask again:  Have you fought Skyyr 1v1 yet?

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2014, 10:16:02 AM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:51:48 PM by Skuzzy »
The Damned BAT in the AH Belfry

"You don't have any special powers"
"Oh I have one...I NEVER give up"-The Batman

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2014, 10:40:20 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:49:16 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2014, 10:42:50 AM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:51:17 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2014, 10:53:34 AM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:52:06 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2014, 11:02:18 AM »
And yet another thread heads down "Damned vs. AoM" road... a road with a definite downward slope. Indeed, some would call it a road that races to the bottom.

Not this dancing banana, though, woh is yet again IN before the lock and is still totally awesome.  :banana:

Meanwhile, as for the OP, yes, the HO can be quite satisfying, especially when done with impunity against a turnier or otherwise advantaged bird and is entirely VALID and was even used IRL. Of course, the fq shot is even better, since there is less opportunity for taking damage.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2014, 11:02:53 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fZlglKlB3sY

Well flown and good shooting sir!  :aok

Oh, wait, that's not the official party line. I'll try again-How unfair of you to not let the Yak3, which started out with all the advantages, pass through your arc of fire unscathed! Obviously you are a bad timid person who is afraid of REAL video game fighting. You should have spent minutes jostling for a dead six shot while the rest of his air force quite probably came swooping in on you for the pick. You are probably mean to animals in your real life-There, that sound about right? :rolleyes:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2014, 11:04:11 AM »

I'm curious, Violator.  Since you have listed all the things in Skyyr's "bag of tricks" that do not work.......have you fought him 1v1?

Nope.  Skyyr won't go to the DA despite repeated challenges from Violator.  Talk about hypocrisy!  Kast has it in spades!  I think he is skeered.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2014, 11:05:57 AM »

The only thing I've heard so far from the duels I've heard about are how using this " front quarter shot" is pretty much your only cheap effective technique when you both turn back in after the merge or you go for the  E rope maneuver and BnZ the rest of the fight.

Sounds like such a fun and exhilerating match for all involved.  :rolleyes:

Grannit, I'll give you some acknowledgment of your progress so far and 2v2s- you have the passion.  Even I did all these things when I first started. But I learned real quick there are much more effective techniques, that is why this is so funny.

Bluntly, I'm not interested in what you did or how you view me. If you declare that cutting engine doesn't work, that's fine - certain of your members who've lost DA 1v1's might disagree, but I'm not interested in arguing.

Putting the gear down? I can honestly say I've never done that... though certain Muppets have. Yet again, did you think before accusing? Or did you mean to backhandedly insult your own members?

Trying to act dominant? That would imply that I would care about being somehow over the typical personas here, which is a relatively low bar to set. Irreverent would have been the better word choice.

In the last 10-15 1v1 fights I've had in the DA (actual duels), I've only used a front-quarter shot once. In fact, if Changeup would ever make good on his 1v1 challenge (that he's issued over 200 and I accepted the last time), most of you would probably have to drop that excuse.

In the end, though, it doesn't matter. I play to do one thing: put my guns on you and shoot your flaming wreckage down. Whether the guns are in front of you or behind you matters not - the bullets kill all the same.

Tour 175: 33 - 9.  :rofl
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:07:35 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2014, 11:06:15 AM »
See Rules #2, #4

Not directly.  But you know my issue with you and never bothered to respond.   In truth, you are one of the nicer, more laid back guys in this game.   But enough with the multiple personalities on the boards.  Post with one and leave it.  I think it would be an interesting series of fights.   But I guess we will never know...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:55:25 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2014, 11:06:37 AM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:55:45 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2014, 11:13:09 AM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:55:58 PM by Skuzzy »