Author Topic: JOUSTING! (Or learning how to shoot people down, first-pass, at the merge)  (Read 4013 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: JOUSTING! (Or learning how to shoot people down, first-pass, at the merge)
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2014, 03:18:50 PM »
This thread would be perfect for an Aces High "onion" board.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2014, 03:39:26 PM »
This thread would be perfect for an Aces High "onion" board.

Nah.  For that there would have to be a large number of vocal people extolling the virtues of polishing the HO.

TBH I'm not entirely sure I see a difference between shooting someone in a furball who's not directly engaged with you and HOing them under the same circumstances, other than the fact that the victim actually has more of a chance to return fire in the HO.

Merge every time as though your opponent is going to try to face shoot you, and the problem goes away.  I do agree one pass haul backside is annoying, but such is the way of things.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2014, 03:46:10 PM »
You might not, there are many others that do. You can't expect everyone to behave like you. You must adapt to the combat environment you are in, not the other way around.

and yet you to want to teach people how to shoot like you which basically is behaving the same way as you and your buddy any noob can fly directly at another plane guns blazing searching for that " front quarter shot"   aka HO ......... dress it up anyway you want to it's still a HO.... if that's how you and your squadie wants to fly that's fine by me but you shouldn't be dragging other people into something that you think is a great shot but the majority of the others frown upon it because it's considered a ho shot aren't you good enough to get around behind your enemy?   like another person has already said if the stupid game play gets any worse than it is I'm going to be gone too.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2014, 03:47:15 PM »
You flyin' yet, Deb?

:lol

I think it's an excellent idea, personally.  Lord knows there are so many who do it poorly....

I was still mild and civil, not calling anyone out. Only said, wow, what the bloody hell!

Being moderate does not help if im only wondering if one is trying to organise a course for something i have always been against, yet you are trying to troll me for not being able to play. Exuse me for not playing right at the moment, im 23 and i would rather spend my hardly-earned 15$ (yes im poor) on my lady and my free time with her instead of upping a cartoon plane only to get hoed (PWNED!!) by big mouth internet awesomenesses. Due to the kindness of one of my squaddies i might have a running account soon enough, THEN, then talk about who daddy is. I luv this game, but not how youre playing it - the 80th, the KN, the JG11, the TG, the LD, etc, those guys worth playing with, not you. Derp.
DOH.

Listen here once more, little sergeant of the mighty delirious "master".
I have been discussing the hoing topic multiple times before. Feel free to review my posts. My fun in this game was the well-performed ACM, over anything else. I just cant give a damn about what you minions are doing or what your mighty score is because if you come across with one of that kind i do respect, you dont stand a chance. But this one, even teaching the uneducated ones how to head on instead of gow to perform ACM, even more, calling me out for not playing YOUR, again YOUR game just crosses every boarder i can take. This is the BESTEST way this game can every develope, attracting new payers with quality gameplay. Awesome, let it run...

I cannot give a damn if i get banned for this post, im fed up with your behaviour and little intriques, pushing buttons and pulling strings trying to look big while being a sorry arse minion.

Long live Rock n Roll. Out.
AoM
City of ice

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2014, 04:05:34 PM »
Ok... who cloned Shane?  :rolleyes:

ROFL...... the first word in the title of this thread made me immediately think of Shane!

someone posted that maybe the AH Training Corps should chime in and post our thoughts to this thread............ I have already told Skyyr how I view it in a personal message, now if he wants to copy and paste it to share with the rest of you, that is up to him..... ( and it was more of how I view & approach the game and asking skyyr what was his thoughts on posting this thread, in which he is simply gauging the reactions of the community on the subject... is what I took from our conversation anyway... )

and DeBrody, I do not see anything in your above post that should cause you to get banned.....

oh well,

TC
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:09:49 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2014, 04:11:10 PM »
Aces high, the only game where its more acceptable to shoot someone in the back than from head on.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2014, 04:18:34 PM »
Sigh.

It doesn't matter how many threads you start to get people to buy off on the HO as a viable of component of ACM, it will always be looked upon as a lazy and generally frowned upon method of engaging in virtual combat. I truly hope the population here doesn't ever start to beleive the junk you post as it would be detrimental to overall gameplay in my opinion.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2014, 04:20:40 PM »
This is the BESTEST way this game can every develope, attracting new payers with quality gameplay. Awesome, let it run...

Actually, I would be willing to bet that crap like the PM I posted a screenshot of earlier, including "You HOing so-and-so!" remarks, alienates FAR more of Hitech's noob customers than being HO'd does. After all, the head-on pass is a tactic WWII aviation buffs will have read about frequently when researching their favorite subject.

23? Yeah, early/mid twenties can be a tough age bracket in some respects. I'd say you're spending your funds wisely atm. :aok Once you cross thirty your body won't feel as good but the human brain has reached it's fully mature form by that point. A bit of serenity, objectivy, and a salubrious don't give a flip tends to set in. Totally worth the aches and pains IMO.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,365630.msg4865900.html#msg4865900
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:22:47 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2014, 04:21:42 PM »
Because it's a wuss move that is so commonly followed up by diving to the deck and running to ack.

Respectfully, Ive seen that "wuss move" employed by ACM "gods" who try to put me in a rolling sissors...are flat out beaten in said sissors.....then dive to the deck to ack or friends.

Stuff happens and life ain't fair.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2014, 04:23:31 PM »
I was still mild and civil, not calling anyone out. Only said, wow, what the bloody hell!

Being moderate does not help if im only wondering if one is trying to organise a course for something i have always been against, yet you are trying to troll me for not being able to play. Exuse me for not playing right at the moment, im 23 and i would rather spend my hardly-earned 15$ (yes im poor) on my lady and my free time with her instead of upping a cartoon plane only to get hoed (PWNED!!) by big mouth internet awesomenesses. Due to the kindness of one of my squaddies i might have a running account soon enough, THEN, then talk about who daddy is. I luv this game, but not how youre playing it - the 80th, the KN, the JG11, the TG, the LD, etc, those guys worth playing with, not you. Derp.
DOH.

Listen here once more, little sergeant of the mighty delirious "master".
I have been discussing the hoing topic multiple times before. Feel free to review my posts. My fun in this game was the well-performed ACM, over anything else. I just cant give a damn about what you minions are doing or what your mighty score is because if you come across with one of that kind i do respect, you dont stand a chance. But this one, even teaching the uneducated ones how to head on instead of gow to perform ACM, even more, calling me out for not playing YOUR, again YOUR game just crosses every boarder i can take. This is the BESTEST way this game can every develope, attracting new payers with quality gameplay. Awesome, let it run...

I cannot give a damn if i get banned for this post, im fed up with your behaviour and little intriques, pushing buttons and pulling strings trying to look big while being a sorry arse minion.

Long live Rock n Roll. Out.

Im simply asking if your flying yet. I personally look forward to your return!

:aok
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2014, 04:23:48 PM »
I would call the Aces High Training Corps members to share their opinion about this. Please, Gentlemen!

My last day with the Trainers is Sept 30th. The reason I am leaving is not because of any disagreement, but I simply don't have the time to properly commit to the obligation.

I have to admit that I do see a lot of resemblance between the Damned and Loose Deuce when they started. Both groups have the same flying style and the same approach to the game. Yes, I flew with Loose Deuce for a short time during my "Delirium's Traveling Circus" so I feel confident to say this.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2014, 04:37:09 PM »
Sigh.

It doesn't matter how many threads you start to get people to buy off on the HO as a viable of component of ACM, it will always be looked upon as a lazy and generally frowned upon method of engaging in virtual combat. I truly hope the population here doesn't ever start to beleive the junk you post as it would be detrimental to overall gameplay in my opinion.

Thank you for the feedback, sir. I thoroughly enjoyed our last 7 or so fights!

:salute
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »
People take head on, front quarter shots on the streets.....for stats?   :O

Damn, dude, where do you live?!  Compton?

No, a woman selling her body for money...the result may be the same, but there's no satisfaction in it. same for stat queens and hoers....what do your stats prove? no one dang thing. Latrobe's stats meant something...you know he EARNED them, not that he cared...those who advocate for the Ho haven't really done anything...so the stats don't matter. You can say look at my stats! and those who know anything look and say....game the game, stat queen.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2014, 05:02:29 PM »
No, a woman selling her body for money...the result may be the same, but there's no satisfaction in it. same for stat queens and hoers....what do your stats prove? no one dang thing. Latrobe's stats meant something...you know he EARNED them, not that he cared...those who advocate for the Ho haven't really done anything...so the stats don't matter. You can say look at my stats! and those who know anything look and say....game the game, stat queen.

Let me ask you, then. Here was a fight, with you, from when I had only been in the game ~3 months or so (I uploaded it some months later as I was clearing out old Fraps files):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpoNWMuXbx0

Admittedly, my flying is no longer that rough. However, I did manage to win. So with that, does that kill count? If that kill counts, and I am capable of indeed beating you (which I've done several times since - fun fights by the way), then why should I make the effort of purposely prolonging the fight when I know with high probability how that fight will turn out?

If I know I can win, and I can do so either in 10 seconds or 10 minutes, why should I opt to waste 9 minutes and 50 seconds for the same result?

Are you saying that even if I could with with 100% repeatability, that only the fights where choose to fly by my opponent's preference should count? Or are you saying I need X amount of kills to "prove" myself? If the latter, how many times must I kill someone to earn the right for those stats?

I'm curious as to your answer.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:04:09 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2014, 05:03:15 PM »
A child will prefer a fresh potato chip to a soggy one.  But if his choice is between a soggy potato chip and no potato chip at all, he will settle for the soggy one.  A child prefers positive attention to negative attention.  But if the choice is between negative attention and no attention at all he will choose negative attention...

Sound like anyone familiar?