Author Topic: Warbirds vs Aces High  (Read 6855 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: Warbirds vs Aces High
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 04:45:27 AM »
Actually, I like the dynamic map idea but its probably a real issue for the "win teh war" crowd. I mean, if the map is scaling to numbers, inevitably, you'll have to also scale the proportion of bases - otherwise, those bases already conquered don't count.

EG, at time 1, proportion is 30%/40%/30% knight/bish/rook for 300 players...
at time 2, total players drops to 200... you'd have to retain the percentages or the Bee-oshes would likely be all crabby-wabby and crybabying about not getting credit for having made "big dookie" of the map in their diapers. In fact, knowing them, they'd whine and whine, like some kind of baby denied their bottle.  :devil

Otherwise, i'm IN. This one won't end well either and i am shaking my boo-tay for being so awesome  :banana:

Remember, without me, awesome is just awso.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 06:19:32 AM »
Actually, I like the dynamic map idea but its probably a real issue for the "win teh war" crowd. I mean, if the map is scaling to numbers, inevitably, you'll have to also scale the proportion of bases - otherwise, those bases already conquered don't count.

EG, at time 1, proportion is 30%/40%/30% knight/bish/rook for 300 players...
at time 2, total players drops to 200... you'd have to retain the percentages or the Bee-oshes would likely be all crabby-wabby and crybabying about not getting credit for having made "big dookie" of the map in their diapers. In fact, knowing them, they'd whine and whine, like some kind of baby denied their bottle.  :devil

Otherwise, i'm IN. This one won't end well either and i am shaking my boo-tay for being so awesome  :banana:

Remember, without me, awesome is just awso.

And remember that if you get some, others are left with awe.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 07:48:44 AM »
   If off peak #s is the problem solve that problem by getting down under in social media when you can. Promote the game on gaming websites, ww2 sites, ect. We the players must make this the best game possible.

WE may want to be patient though as we don't want a perspective player to be turned off and not come back. Lets see the new incarnation of the game with the new graphics engine and then the job of keeping players may solve itself.
    HTC is investing a great deal of time and may be waiting to advertise the new Aces High.

We just have to hold on for TWO WEEKS!  :joystick:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline JUDAS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 08:28:42 AM »
Behind the complaining is the common desire to make the game more healthy and fun, don't forget that.

It seems that the WWI adventure was nothing but wasted resources on HTC:s part.

Crazy idea: make maps dynamic. You have a large map, with 10 players enable 1 closest field on all sides. With 100 players enable 10 closest fields on all sides. With 1000 players enable 100 closest fields on all sides.

That way you can have a huge map but you still have concentrated fights depending on player numbers.
THIS!!

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2014, 12:24:09 PM »
They have two sides.  We have three.  Nice try.  Swing and a miss!
You seem to think I'm the one who brought it into the discussion for comparison. ;)  You brought it here.
AvA Arena works off peak also.  Still empty.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2014, 12:47:06 PM »
You seem to think I'm the one who brought it into the discussion for comparison. ;)  You brought it here.
AvA Arena works off peak also.  Still empty.

Yes, because for some reason people prefer the planeset in LW MA.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2014, 12:57:59 PM »
Behind the complaining is the common desire to make the game more healthy and fun, don't forget that.

It seems that the WWI adventure was nothing but wasted resources on HTC:s part.

Crazy idea: make maps dynamic. You have a large map, with 10 players enable 1 closest field on all sides. With 100 players enable 10 closest fields on all sides. With 1000 players enable 100 closest fields on all sides.

That way you can have a huge map but you still have concentrated fights depending on player numbers.

This might be the worst idea i've ever heard. I like a good furball as much as the next guy and I will duel you until your heart is content. However I play this game for the strategy of it. I like the idea of winning a map and capturing bases. The main reason i keep giving HTC my hard earned $$ is because I have the option to play how I want, when I want.

P.S. You can always find a fight, you just have to know where to look  :aok
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:05:39 PM by fbEagle »
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2014, 03:34:22 PM »
How much!

Its an outrage :old:

I dont like the ords bunkers they dont look right :old:

And the windows on the tower :old:

Apart  from the above the game is awesome
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2014, 03:55:51 PM »
This might be the worst idea i've ever heard. I like a good furball as much as the next guy and I will duel you until your heart is content. However I play this game for the strategy of it. I like the idea of winning a map and capturing bases. The main reason i keep giving HTC my hard earned $$ is because I have the option to play how I want, when I want.

P.S. You can always find a fight, you just have to know where to look  :aok

It may be the worst idea for you and IMO the likes of you are killing the game.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2014, 10:19:26 PM »
How much!

I would think your main whine would be more like, "my Regina hurts".

After all, she's getting on a bit.

As for this thread, the boxers are IN their corners. You know the rest.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2014, 11:09:36 PM »
Arlo is a tool.  That's why I have him ignored.

So whatever he said.    Yawn.

Oh wait.  You quoted him?

Well at least my complaints have merit.  Keep it up bananas.   Soon you will have an empty arena.   Fun!

Yes. This is you. Always a 'sky is falling' type.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2014, 02:57:06 AM »
Dynamic maps have already been in the wish forum.
I in strong favor of it, because it promote fights.

Both games have it's quirks, but development here is good, where as WB 'only' change FM's, and add variants of existing planes.
I have not tested them, but its something I would like to see more over here in AH.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2014, 09:02:57 AM »
Dynamic maps have already been in the wish forum.
I in strong favor of it, because it promote fights.

Both games have it's quirks, but development here is good, where as WB 'only' change FM's, and add variants of existing planes.
I have not tested them, but its something I would like to see more over here in AH.

The problem is that once the 'critical mass' of players is gone it's extremely hard to recover from it even if you have a comparably good product like WB is. The empty arena just is not appealing especially if you have to pay for it monthly.

H2H 8 player arenas were at most times populated, they were free. A paid 8 player arena will gather dust balls.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2014, 12:15:33 PM »
How much!

???????? :headscratch:
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2014, 04:00:04 PM »
???????? :headscratch:

LOL never mind Zack most of his posts don't make any sense. I think he's hitting the bong or something.