Author Topic: Hay HTC ..give us a tickle...  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
Re: Hay HTC ..give us a tickle...
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 10:45:28 PM »
I really like what I see.  I just wonder if you can fly into the wires and if it causes damage? That would be awesome. 
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 01:08:10 AM »
#1 Those are cobble stone streets made up of individual stones, watch when it nearly comes to a stop and the individual stones in the road and the sidewalks.
#2 Look at the last few frames when the tank stops in front of the tree, what is the tree doing?
lets wait until the final release and see how much more development is made.
:rolleyes:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 01:41:44 AM »
not trying to be a dick but I'm not very impressed... it looks better than what we have now thats for sure, but the trees are just a complete buzz killer.

This is HTC quote from the other thread.

We are now on to lots of small items that need to be updated and addressed, along with the complete art set rebuild of all terrain objects that we have been working on for the past 6 months.

That gives me hope for the textures/objects. I only hope the high detail area shown around the tank in the video can be extended well into the distance. But that is an engine issue not an art asset that can be changed later.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 02:34:52 AM »

That gives me hope for the textures/objects. I only hope the high detail area shown around the tank in the video can be extended well into the distance. But that is an engine issue not an art asset that can be changed later.

At least there is a level of detail bubble... I recall stories a few years ago of graphics performance problems because objects that were a mile beyond visibility were being rendered lol.

HTC should make the detail distance adjustable for low end machines and enable high level of detail for the rest.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 07:27:13 AM »
Yeah, I think the video hosting website is definitely killing the quality aspect of the overall film.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2014, 09:06:31 AM »

i sure hope
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 12:04:43 PM »
not trying to be a dick but I'm not very impressed... it looks better than what we have now thats for sure, but the trees are just a complete buzz killer.

Well you succeeded,  :D. Have some faith young man. :aok

This game is their lively hood, they have no intention of ruining it. But remember, all things must be done in balance.  :old:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Lighten up Frances
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2014, 07:49:30 PM »
Top picture is from the last Town update July 1, 2010.

Compare the resolution and then imagine what an actual screen shot of the work in progress would look like.  Did you actually think HTC would spend their precious time catering to all those graphics update requests with something that has poorer resolution than it did 5 years ago?  Lighten Up!  You haven't seen anything.