Author Topic: More Fighters and UPGRADE What We Have  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: More Fighters and UPGRADE What We Have
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2014, 10:03:28 PM »
I am happy to listen or read any ones constructive criticism. :salute :salute :salute  

Hi, Kimosabe. You're on your way to being ahead of the curve already. I'll never have the best skill
in this game. But I've always loved it.  :D :cheers:

P.S. You really do need to give historical events a try. I think you'll like them.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2014, 10:04:01 PM »
Need an F4F-3, too. The -4 is inappropriate for Coral Sea, and many other scenarios in which the Marines participated (IE, Guadalcanal). And our -4 with the four-gun package is not comparable to the -3

+1 there, too.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2014, 10:08:26 PM »
Stick with the LA-7, Spit XVI and Ki-84.  If you are having trouble succeeding in these, you'd be hard pressed to find any new plane that will work out better for you.  You say you are re-learning and basically started over three weeks ago?  Proficiency doesn't happen overnight in this game.  Make an appointment with a trainer.

That's a much better post than the opener.  :aok

What you describe sounds like you need training not a new aircraft.

That is a much better post, detailed information.

I agree with the two post above and the bolded sections most importantly. Just flying around shooting at stuff isn't going to make you better.... well any time soon anyway. You may be making all kinds of little mistakes that once corrected will start getting to victories instead or quick rides to the tower.

Hook up with a trainer for an hour or two. Listen to what they say, and practice what they tell you. You will be amazed at how much faster you get better.

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2014, 10:21:57 PM »
Thanks Guys! That's what I plan on doing!  Hey! I shot down MidWay, Skyyer and Sfox all in the same day last week. Does that count for anything? :x :cheers: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2014, 10:37:31 PM »
What are the three planes "we" are flying over and over?  I would bet that your three planes are mothballed in my hangar. 

And you don't need the at, it's superfluous.  :)

Isn't that the truth :)

Not that I'm flying these days, but I'm guessing my P38G isn't one of those three :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2014, 11:41:10 PM »
BBP,

There aren't a lot of top end fighters left to be added at this point.  Some mid range ones and some early war stuff, but unless you press for the very end of the war, and perhaps some just barely didn't make it fighters, there isn't anything that meets your criteria.  Meteor Mk III and Spitfire F.21 could be added, but they are both perk planes for sure.  F7F and F8F might be addable as they were in service, but missed combat, both are also perk planes.  We're pretty tapped on on end of war German and Russian fighters.  The end of the war for the Italian fighters, G.55 and Re.2005, would be nice, but they aren't going to be dethroning anything.  End of the war Japanese fighters could bring in the J2M5 and Ki-100, but the Ki-84 is better.  The Germans never got the Do335 in service and the Japanese never got the A7M or J7W in service.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2014, 01:00:45 AM »
Hi, Kimosabe. You're on your way to being ahead of the curve already. I'll never have the best skill
in this game. But I've always loved it.  :D :cheers:

P.S. You really do need to give historical events a try. I think you'll like them.
Arlo makes a good point. This game is not about being the best solo flier - there are other ways it can be played. Scenarios and events add a lot of flavor to the endless MA furball/land grab. Instead of playing solo, you can join a squadron (are you in one?) and fly with wingmen - this adds whole new dimensions to combat, tactics and skills. Being a good wingman does not require that you be the hottest solo pilot, or fly the hottest planes. The social interaction of a squadron is another fun side of this game, if you are in the right kind of a squadron.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2014, 01:33:49 AM »
How do you know the Ki-84 is/would be better than the J2M's? I think that's your best guess.  :noid

Given some albeit limited research on the J2M variants, I think it would be situational, the 5 could BnZ a Ki-84 all day, no?

p.s. +1 to the J2M's
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2014, 03:05:44 AM »
http://www.ahevents.org/

P.S. If you can't be competitive with the following HUGE variety of fighters:

(I count 48 models and variants - including the P-40 *chuckle*)

then adding more uber ain't gonna do it for ya. (Just sayin')

:salute :cheers: :D

You missed a few.  This is the list I use for the dueling bracket (Fighter/Attack) which doesn't include the Me163, Me262 or WWI aircraft which are not available In the DA:

1      A6M2
2      A6M3
3      A6M5b
4      Bf 109E-4
5      Bf 109F-4
6      Bf 109G-14
7      Bf 109G-2
8      Bf 109G-6
9      Bf 109K-4
10      Bf 110C-4b
11      Bf 110G-2
12      Brewster
13      C.202
14      C.205
15      F4F-4
16      F4U-1
17      F4U-1A
18      F4U-1C
19      F4U-1D
20      F4U-4
21      F6F-5
22      FM2
23      Fw 190A-5
24      Fw 190A-8
25      Fw 190D-9
26      Fw 190F-8
27      Hurri Mk I
28      Hurri Mk II
29      Hurri Mk IID
30      I-16
31      Ki-61-I-KAIc
32      Ki-84-la
33      La-5FN
34      La-7
35      Me 410
36      Mosq Mk VI
37      N1K2-J
38      P-38G
39      P-38J
40      P-38L
41      P-39D
42      P-39Q
43      P-40B
44      P-40E
45      P-40F
46      P-40N
47      P-47D-11
48      P-47D-25
49      P-47D-40
50      P-47M
51      P-47N
52      P-51B
53      P-51D
54      Sea Hurri MkI
55      Seafire Mk II
56      Spit Mk I
57      Spit Mk IX
58      Spit Mk V
59      Spit Mk VIII
60      Spit Mk XIV
61      Spit Mk XVI
62      Ta 152H
63      Temp Mk V
64      Typh Mk I
65      Yak-3
66      Yak-7B
67      Yak-9T
68      Yak-9U
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 03:11:37 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2014, 06:15:36 AM »
I mean this as an overview and not to be directly critical.  Could be, you are fixated on having the upper hand in the fight.  That makes your plane list short and limits your AH growth.

You did not mention GVs and even PT boats.   Give them a go.  It is a whole new world. 

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2014, 06:43:59 PM »
:headscratch:
now that is one I'm not familar with.
The funniest thing I've ever been called was "yankee".
I was in the Dallas/Fort Worth area when that happened 1980-1981.
I'm from Burbank, CA.

LtngRydr

Should have been Hippie!  :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2014, 07:08:32 PM »
As mentioned, there really aren't any fighters (that would be not perked) that could push themselves into the TOP 10 most popular fighters (per kills/deaths).

One single engine plane rarely mentioned very late war aircraft (hardly a fighter though) which could gain some popularity would be Il-10. Even then, in ground attack role, it really is hard to beat the American fighters which can load 2000lbs of bombs and bunch of rockets.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 07:44:18 PM »
One single engine plane rarely mentioned very late war aircraft (hardly a fighter though) which could gain some popularity would be Il-10. Even then, in ground attack role, it really is hard to beat the American fighters which can load 2000lbs of bombs and bunch of rockets.

The same could probably be said about the B7A.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2014, 07:21:30 AM »
Um, the KI-42 had 603 kills last tour, and was 29th in K/D, and 79th in number of kills.  I would say that it's being flown more frequently than once...

The natural progression is I suck > haxor > picker > ho'er > uber plane > I suck > get better...  When people are new, they know they are horrible.  After a while they think everyone is cheating "how could he pull that move, he must be hacking the system".  They then realize that's not happening but everyone is ho'ing and picking.  Then they blame their plane choice "it's not fair" they say. 

After a while they begin to realize it's their own fault, and decide to actually learn something and get better.  Once you understand you got picked because you had bad SA, and you got HO'ed because you decided to get in front of his guns, and when you get pwn'ed by an A8 (happened to me monday), that you were beaten by a better player you will take personal responsibility for your frustrations and get better. 

The plane has little to do with it, it's the pilot... 

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2014, 07:55:21 AM »
After a while they begin to realize it's their own fault, and decide to actually learn something and get better.  Once you understand you got picked because you had bad SA, and you got HO'ed because you decided to get in front of his guns, and when you get pwn'ed by an A8 (happened to me monday), that you were beaten by a better player you will take personal responsibility for your frustrations and get better. 

The plane has little to do with it, it's the pilot... 

Truer words are rarely spoken, especially the bolded ones.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.