Author Topic: More Fighters and UPGRADE What We Have  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: More Fighters and UPGRADE What We Have
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2014, 09:31:50 AM »
Truer words are rarely spoken, especially the bolded ones.
says the guy that flys the HO machine  :lol :bolt:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2014, 01:30:36 PM »
says the guy that flys the HO machine  :lol :bolt:

I consider it an educational service to the community.  :old:
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2014, 05:45:10 PM »
I can think of quite a few variants of planes/ new planes we already have that would not be perked or will change the game.

Mossie with armour and 6 pounder
190a3
190a9
109g6as
109g14as
Ju188
ju52 (what axis pilot would like a c47 ?)  :lol

Im sure the Allied fan's have more up their sleeves than I have.

Tank
stugIII
Sdkfz 251 with 75mm
Kv1
M24
pzIII

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2014, 07:12:07 PM »
Does anyone have a complete list of AHII models that are still showing AHI lines?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2014, 07:58:09 PM »
ju52 (what axis pilot would like a c47 ?)  :lol
A Japanese one?  L2D 'Tabby'

Does anyone have a complete list of AHII models that are still showing AHI lines?
A-20G
Ar234B
B5N2
Bf110C-4b
Bf110G-2
Boston Mk III
D3A1
F4F-4
FM-2
Ju88A-4
Ki-61-I-Tei
Ki-67
Me163B
SBD-5
TBM-3 (a film indicated this one has been updated, but not released yet)
Tempest Mk V
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2014, 12:51:33 AM »
What about T-34/76 and LVTA2?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2014, 05:18:53 AM »
What about T-34/76 and LVTA2?
T-34/76, along with the Ki-84-Ia and the B-24J, was added as a 2.0 level model in Aces High v2.00.  All three of those are definitely showing their age though.

The LVTs were both upgraded without fanfare some time ago.  The prerelease screenshots of them were only shown on HTC's facebook page as I recall.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2014, 07:44:50 AM »
You know, the original post wasn't phrased very well. And HTC should certainly NOT stop filling gaps in the historical plane set.

That said, I think there is small amount of truth to the idea that adding exciting very late war and even "What-if'ish" planes to MA could have positive results as far as attracting customers goes. That's just the nature of the market. And having more planes to spend perks on would be good. So if HTC finds the time to model the P-51H, F8F, F7F, P-80, Meteor, Sea Fury, He-162, Ta-183, etc, bring 'em on I say. Maybe even put in a special "1946" arena for them.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2014, 10:04:26 AM »
You know, the original post wasn't phrased very well. And HTC should certainly NOT stop filling gaps in the historical plane set.

That said, I think there is small amount of truth to the idea that adding exciting very late war and even "What-if'ish" planes to MA could have positive results as far as attracting customers goes. That's just the nature of the market. And having more planes to spend perks on would be good. So if HTC finds the time to model the P-51H, F8F, F7F, P-80, Meteor, Sea Fury, He-162, Ta-183, etc, bring 'em on I say. Maybe even put in a special "1946" arena for them.

The only "what if" plane I can see adding would be the Meteor III.  Anything else and it gets real wierd real fast.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2014, 10:11:14 AM »
Bring on the Luftwaffe freak fliers!  I would love to see some of the what if concept stuff modeled in here.

It's a WWII game.  I'd much rather they fill in everything that flew in WWII here and made another game that was post WWII with the stuff that never saw combat.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2014, 10:20:52 AM »
The only "what if" plane I can see adding would be the Meteor III.  Anything else and it gets real wierd real fast.
The 162 wasn't a "what if" plane, it saw combat at the very end of the war, scored a few kills, and a few were shot down by mostly British fighters on take off and landing. By our standards, the 162 could be added just like any other plane, except with a hard coded fuel burn like the 163 due to only 20 min or so of fuel irl.
  EDIT: The P51H, if I remember correctly, was ready for combat in the ETO before the end of the war in enough numbers to be added, and it has been on a poll here before.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 10:31:43 AM by Coalcat1 »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2014, 12:45:07 PM »
T-34/76, along with the Ki-84-Ia and the B-24J, was added as a 2.0 level model in Aces High v2.00. 

I could swear the T-34/76 was also updated after that, like 2-3 years ago... Can't verify it though, as my system went down the crapper.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2014, 01:30:49 PM »
I could swear the T-34/76 was also updated after that, like 2-3 years ago... Can't verify it though, as my system went down the crapper.
Nope.  Only change it has had is to remove access to its interior.  T-34/85 replaced its turret, but that had no effect on the T-34/76 model.

That said, the T-34/76 has aged far better than the Ki-84 and B-24 have.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2014, 02:18:07 PM »
Nope.  Only change it has had is to remove access to its interior. 

If so, I was probably fooled by an exceptionally well made skin  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2014, 08:00:55 PM »
Well, if it was still the AHI version then I was planning on putting in a request for changes to the turret and to lose the 40 gallon external tanks. I don't know why they chose the Mickey Mouse D model over the E, but I think I would have gone with the E and the smoother turret with the cupola. It's alright the way it is, but it's certainly not an early war version.

Adding a 45mm version would be great, too, but only if it was accompanied with the Panzer Mk.III w/ 37mm and 50mm both.