Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 7073 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2014, 12:15:43 PM »
Agree. Just one other thing.   Allow them to use thier perks on a certain amount of tanks and planes.  Maybe tiger1 c-hog b-29,   .also make the heavy bomber the b-24. I would hate to see all the noobs flying 17s.  We have enough 999's

Free2play model needs paid perks. Micropayments are the true revenue for f2p.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline HPriller

• Copper Member
« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2014, 12:27:02 PM »
Free to play could be done in Aces High and would probably make the game a *lot* more profitable.  They could just take a similar approach as War Thunder, where you start with some low end planes or vehicles and progressively unlock the rest.  As much as I dislike the whole level up XP bar thing, I can't argue with the fact that it gets people playing, eager to unlock that next new plane, even if it turns out to be a disappointment, there's an anticipation factor that drives people to play for it.

I recently started playing the Ground Forces in War Thunder after having overlooked it for a while.  The tank battles are a blast, the queue is rarely more than a few seconds and the battles are typically 5-10 minutes long.  Very short and sweet with a lot action and none of that world of tanks hitpoint bars nonsense.

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2014, 12:46:24 PM »
They could just take a similar approach as War Thunder, where you start with some low end planes or vehicles and progressively unlock the rest.  As much as I dislike the whole level up XP bar thing, I can't argue with the fact that it gets people playing, eager to unlock that next new plane, even if it turns out to be a disappointment, there's an anticipation factor that drives people to play for it.

That would destroy what AH is. Its the open map, pick anything, to fly and fight game. The Locked path leveling system only works when you can use a Match maker to place people against equal aircraft.

Offline HPriller

• Copper Member
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2014, 04:44:00 PM »
and this is different from Aces High's 0 players in early and mid war arenas and 60+% of all planes in late war being late 1944 monsters how?

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2014, 05:42:52 PM »
HPriller, what's you're point, what's the bottom line for your endless posts about War Thunder?  Are trying to recruit for a War Thunder?  There are plenty of people there, "millions" I hear, they don't need your help.  Are you just a Troll?  You do not play Aces High.  Is the War Thunder message boards lacking somehow so you come here?  Is there no "community" there that we enjoy here?

Free to play could be done in Aces High and would probably make the game a *lot* more profitable.  .

You are guessing sir.  You do not run this business.  You have no idea what would make Aces High more profitable.  You do not know how profitable Aces High is.

If this is all about you trying to "help out" Aces High, go to the War Thunder boards and spend your time recruiting for Aces High.

Aces High is what it is, if you enjoy playing it then go play it, if you don't play it, then please, just go.

Thank you.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2014, 06:06:17 PM »
Ooooh look! ... A fanboi.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2014, 06:51:55 PM »
That's what I'm saying. Give them access to 1 heavy bomber,1 medium bomber, the goon and couple of tanks. The p40, g2, spit8, and the d25.

The can play with those and still be a team player if they want, but if you want the good planes and tanks, subscribe.

heck give me the spit8 and I'll cancel mine too.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2014, 09:18:50 PM »

heck give me the spit8 and I'll cancel mine too.

semp

Im sure some would cancel their subscriptions and could be content with a few planes, but I think they would get more that could NOT and so would subscribe.

I work in the vending business. I repair vending machines and have done so for 30 years. One part of my job is to do the actual changes of pricing as it comes down the line. It always goes up  :D and in every place I change the price there is alway a number of people who say "Im not going to pay that for a bottle of soda. I'll pay a third of that at BJ's, Walmart, blah blah blah... and bring in my own." Funny thing is I have NEVER seen any of them ever do it. They ALWAYS pay the extra, ALWAYS!

Some my cancel, but most will be back. They will miss flying their pony now and then, or chasing down all those buffs in a 152 or grabbing a few quick kills in a 163. I still think its a win win for everyone. Heck they could try it and if the numbers don't look good after 6 months cancel the program of F2P.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2014, 09:26:42 PM »
I don't think the free to play angle would bring in any significant additional subscribers. There's a good reason H2H was shut down. Aces High is already very cheap and as somebody already posted it serves as a filter of sorts keeping out children and eastern european hackers. Remember all the juvenile rants from junior high kids when it was announced that WW2OL wouldn't be free? You really want to let them in our gentlemen's club? A free to play segment would be populated with people who either can't or won't pay for a subscription. We already have the free 2 week trial. If a player doesn't subscribe after that it's not because he's still undecided.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2014, 06:20:25 AM »
I wonder how many people would pay for perks if HTC experimented on selling them. That might create a sizeable chunk of revenue especially for new (or returning) players who haven't got their own.

HTC could enable a perk stock exchange where loaded players could 'sell' their perks to noobs at 50% discount and HTC would take a 10% profit from each transaction.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:22:08 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2014, 06:40:19 AM »
HTC could enable a perk stock exchange where loaded players could 'sell' their perks to noobs at 50% discount and HTC would take a 10% profit from each transaction.

No, never put a way to transfer perks between players in game. We don't need bloody gold farmer spam in chat.

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2014, 07:14:47 AM »
F2P - 1 early war panzer, spit 1, c47, m3, and ju88 only
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2014, 07:38:45 AM »
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2014, 08:47:37 AM »
I don't think the free to play angle would bring in any significant additional subscribers. There's a good reason H2H was shut down. Aces High is already very cheap and as somebody already posted it serves as a filter of sorts keeping out children and eastern european hackers. Remember all the juvenile rants from junior high kids when it was announced that WW2OL wouldn't be free? You really want to let them in our gentlemen's club? A free to play segment would be populated with people who either can't or won't pay for a subscription. We already have the free 2 week trial. If a player doesn't subscribe after that it's not because he's still undecided.

I'd he happy to see a F2P with the limited plane set just for the increase in numbers in the arenas. It wouldn't have the same issues the old H2H arenas had because ALL arenas are now server side. The old H2H was client side and that was why some people created issues.

Like I said, I don't think it would be any over head for HTC.  It would bring in more players just to play for free, and even if only a small number upgrade to the full subscription it is still more money for HTC.

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2014, 09:00:53 AM »
Floob:  I don't know if I'd be 'happy' about F2P, but I think I understand your tone here.  If HTC doesn't see an increase in new players, then the current journey to AH3 will not meet expectations.

Zoney:  With respect, I understand the general frustration in what you posted to HPriller.  However this is a time for open discussion and examination of possibilities.  HTC reads these boards and all ideas should be welcomed at this point.  They might even get some perspective that would not be as easily accessible.  Just saying.   :cheers:

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider