Author Topic: NFL has  (Read 1638 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
NFL has
« on: September 16, 2014, 11:19:03 PM »
a lot of morons apparently, not that we didn't know that about some, but they are coming out of the woodwork in support of a guy who beats 4 year old children with belts and sticks.

Wth could a 4yo possibly do to deserve the kind of corporal punishment that injures their apple??? Did he sneak a cookie in his bedroom, my lord.

Reggie Bush is the latest to support AP, idiot. These guys went to college, who were their sociology profs?; apparently there's more truth than we ever knew about them not learning a thing.

And don't give me that culture BS; it's 2014 you can commit assault by looking at someone wrong practically... I got the belt a time or two, but not at 4 years old!

Tree branches, "whoopin room", "daddy" has a mental illness maybe...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:20:52 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Re: NFL has
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 10:28:37 PM »
The Vikings are 1-1 against NFL teams and 2-0 against 4 year olds.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 04:57:07 AM »
Jon Stewart jumped the shark years ago with his political pandering, but he did have a point when he said football players should not do to their wives and kids anything that would draw a penalty if they did it to a 300lb lineman wearing pads and helmet.

Seems reasonable.  Smack on the butt?  ok.  Punch in the face?  Not ok.  Whack with a stick?  Not ok.  There's sort of a general trend there that I think most footsball players can go along with...
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 09:44:02 AM »
   My father would be in Jail if they were so obsessed back in the 70's as they are now. A good smack with a belt made you pay attention to what he was telling you. Now there is real child abuse out there but have gone overboard in many instances.

I don't know all the facts of this case. But lets judge him now because we don't want to wait for fair trials and facts.

:aok  :aok  :aok  :aok  :aok  :aok  :aok  :aok
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 09:59:08 AM »
Seems reasonable.  Smack on the butt?  ok. 

Could get you in front of a judge over here  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 12:21:29 PM »
isn't social media and the news great, your trial is social media and the news media and then you're found guilty without even setting foot in a court of law.... sickening.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 01:15:40 PM »
  My father would be in Jail if they were so obsessed back in the 70's as they are now

Mine would have shared a cell with yours  :lol  But im glad he did, made me a much better person  (hell my mother could wield a yardstick like a ninja, I swear she was the 48th Ronin).......... never in the world like that scumbag Pederson did to his kid though.....Way, way, way too far

Im all for a swat on the behind, or a tap on the back of the head.......Today its little Johnny hit his sister? well make him sit on the couch in a time out for 10 minutes...   :rolleyes:

The only time out i had was the timeout inbetween doing what i did wrong, and the palm on my backside.....heck even the neighborhood parents were allowed to give me a swat if i got out of line  :lol   What did this instill? Respect for authority, and knowing that doing something wrong doesnt give me a chance to relax afterwards in a time out.......
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 01:17:55 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 06:50:49 PM »
I've had more than one bruise from my parents.  Fortunately my son didn't require that level of discipline.  In the AP case it looks to me like he went a bit too far and, if found guilty, should serve the required sentence.  If they put a player on probation in the real world I think they should be off the team until that probation is served.  Perhaps that would make a few more of these players think about the consequences of their actions prior to engaging in them.  The Problem is I don't think the NFLPA would stand for that. 

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 07:17:45 PM »
I've had more than one bruise from my parents.  Fortunately my son didn't require that level of discipline.  In the AP case it looks to me like he went a bit too far and, if found guilty, should serve the required sentence.  If they put a player on probation in the real world I think they should be off the team until that probation is served.  Perhaps that would make a few more of these players think about the consequences of their actions prior to engaging in them.  The Problem is I don't think the NFLPA would stand for that.  

from what I've read the first grand jury couldn't come up with an indictment, the prosecutor then went shopping for another grand jury to get an indictment.... in no way shape or form do I condone any type of violence towards women or children but Social Media is now like a worldwide village of  idiots with pitchforks looking to prosecute, sentence and publicly destroy them regardless if they're innocent or guilty before any kind of trial even happens.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:21:13 PM by 68ZooM »

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »
He admitted on his own volition the "whoopin". Even seemed to lol in his text to the baby mama that he went to far and got his "n uts"

Physician noted injury to scro tum.

Yeah, my pitchfork is out. IT WAS ON A 4 YR OLD.

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 08:57:17 AM »
from what I've read the first grand jury couldn't come up with an indictment, the prosecutor then went shopping for another grand jury to get an indictment.... in no way shape or form do I condone any type of violence towards women or children but Social Media is now like a worldwide village of  idiots with pitchforks looking to prosecute, sentence and publicly destroy them regardless if they're innocent or guilty before any kind of trial even happens.

have you seen the pictures? It was obvious to me that he went overboard.  It's one thing to smack a bottom it's completely another to wail on a child.  I stand by what I said.  If a grand jury decides to pass down an indictment I think the player in question should be sat by the league and their respective teams until the verdict is rendered.  These are things most of us have to deal with on a daily basis. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 11:18:50 AM »
have you seen the pictures? It was obvious to me that he went overboard.  It's one thing to smack a bottom it's completely another to wail on a child.  I stand by what I said.  If a grand jury decides to pass down an indictment I think the player in question should be sat by the league and their respective teams until the verdict is rendered.  These are things most of us have to deal with on a daily basis. 

yes I've see the pictures and like I've said I hope he gets what he deserves under the laws in this country... what I am talking about is the way that social media ie. facebook, twitter, AND mainstream media will attack/judge/jury/ someone or some cause because of their own personal feelings before any of the facts are out or the trial starts... I guess that's what I'm trying to come acrossed with, there's a difference between a disciplinary spanking for doing something wrong and a beating.... Mr Peterson crossed the line, now it's up to the courts to decide how much he crossed the line not social media..

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 12:17:52 PM »
I experienced some fairly severe bouts of physical punishment growing up which caused me to refrain from using it with my son, he turned out a whole lot better than I did.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 01:04:25 PM »
yes I've see the pictures and like I've said I hope he gets what he deserves under the laws in this country... what I am talking about is the way that social media ie. facebook, twitter, AND mainstream media will attack/judge/jury/ someone or some cause because of their own personal feelings before any of the facts are out or the trial starts... I guess that's what I'm trying to come acrossed with, there's a difference between a disciplinary spanking for doing something wrong and a beating.... Mr Peterson crossed the line, now it's up to the courts to decide how much he crossed the line not social media..

Then we are simpatico.  I don't really listen to social media even though I participate in it a lot.  I try to find out the facts as best I can prior to making a judgement and, with the exception of this boar, rarely foray into anything that could be construed as controversial.  The only reason I speak about it here is there are a lot of members, yourself included, whose opinions and thoughts I value.  Most social media is full of blowhards, airheads, and attention wh$#es.  But it's amusing :) 

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 01:06:31 PM »
isn't social media and the news great, your trial is social media and the news media and then you're found guilty without even setting foot in a court of law.... sickening.

Amen to this, but arent you IN occupied territory?
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.