Author Topic: Ki-84 vs. Brain Surgery  (Read 9604 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Ki-84 vs. Brain Surgery
« on: September 20, 2014, 12:54:18 PM »
Been flying a bit of Ki-84.   9 kills in and no losses.  Not flying tentative either.  AMAZING plane.

I have a huge problem with it or any uber plane.  As soon as I get a 3-1 or better kill ratio in a plane I cant fly it for a while.  Too easy.  Too uber.  I just cant.

I really respect those that are really good in modest planes.  I try to sometimes fly planes on the edge of my skillset.  Just good enough to be effective if I am good enough to make it happen.

I think though that dying is my best skill though! LOL  :lol

In the context of what I'm writing to - do you know what I mean?
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Ki-84 vs. Brain Surgery
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 01:12:02 PM »
Fly only 40 eny birds for a tour :D.

But yes I know what you mean. When I feel like flying a p51 I fly the Bravo, when I wanna fly a 190 I'll take out the A5, when I wanna fly a ruskie plane I'm usually in an i16
See Rule #4

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 01:14:54 PM »
The Ki84 is a P38 with training wheels.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 01:20:04 PM »
Been flying a bit of Ki-84.   9 kills in and no losses.  Not flying tentative either.  AMAZING plane.

I have a huge problem with it or any uber plane.  As soon as I get a 3-1 or better kill ratio in a plane I cant fly it for a while.  Too easy.  Too uber.  I just cant.

I really respect those that are really good in modest planes.  I try to sometimes fly planes on the edge of my skillset.  Just good enough to be effective if I am good enough to make it happen.

I think though that dying is my best skill though! LOL  :lol

In the context of what I'm writing to - do you know what I mean?

That's exactly how I am. I RARELY fly a plane with an ENY below 10.  La7, spit9/16 should be perked.

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 01:36:15 PM »
A wicked plane.  Probably the toughest plane in the game as well. 

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 01:55:27 PM »
Bring it to the DA and we can test it out  :D

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 03:19:11 PM »
ENY 30-35 birds are your best freinds... try the 109 E sir it is a sleeper in the MA. One tip... When slow it is even better!  :old:

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 04:02:10 PM »
ENY 30-35 birds are your best freinds... try the 109 E sir it is a sleeper in the MA. One tip... When slow it is even better!  :old:

Those guns make you appreciate all other guns.
See Rule #4

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 04:51:49 PM »
Are the BF-109e guns that bad?  I mean if I set convergence to and shoot at 300 would that be effective?

Thanks.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 05:01:03 PM »
Are the BF-109e guns that bad?  I mean if I set convergence to and shoot at 300 would that be effective?

Thanks.
Better bring them in a little more.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 06:58:11 PM »
Take an ENY 30 Mosquito VI and make ENY 10 planes cry... while you net 3 perks a pop, usually more like 4 if you land them. If there are lower ENY P51, La7s and Spit16s around, 30 perk worth sorties are not so rare. Carry 2x500 lbs internal with no drag penalty for some extra kills via bomb-vulching or GV busting.

I carry the bombs as ballast so I do not overtake Save's ENY20 190A8 too fast on the climb out.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:00:55 PM by bozon »
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 07:15:48 PM »
Think of it like this when it comes too the 109E and her guns....It is a 30mm trainer. If you are ultimately looking to fly the 109 K then start here with the Emil.

By that I mean,
1. Ammo is short so you have to make your shots count.
2. Re-Enforces both BFM & ACM as it lacks in speed to escape however it provides a very unexpected turn.
3. Known to farm perks.
4. Players drool over a low 109E therefore finding a fight is easy.
5. Ballistics are for 200-400 convergence... Much like the 30mm. (my sweet spot is 200 for both the K & E)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:18:45 PM by deadstikmac »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 08:27:16 PM »
Well of course you find it amazing, it is basically a Japanese Spixteen, or possibly even better than that:

Spitfire VIII is a 1943 aircraft.

I will note that the Ki-84 seems to kick the Spit VIII's in the 6 whenever they are set opposite each other in the AvA.

Yup.  Some years ago there was an AvA setup pitting the Spit 8 against the Frank.  Two very good squadrons came into the arena most nights that week, switching sides each night.  The Frank came out on top every time.  Really, it didn't even seem close.

- oldman

On top of the flying qualities, they seem to absorb about as much ammo as a P47.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 08:37:10 PM »
Well of course you find it amazing, it is basically a Japanese Spixteen, or possibly even better than that:

On top of the flying qualities, they seem to absorb about as much ammo as a P47.

Don't know what type of 84's you been flying, mine definitely don't take that much ammo.
Top Gun

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 09:12:25 PM »
Don't know what type of 84's you been flying, mine definitely don't take that much ammo.

That opinion comes from Ink...I just know they are tough, from shooting at them. Anyway to do an apples-to-apples test you think?
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."