Author Topic: Ki-84 vs. Brain Surgery  (Read 9592 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Ki-84 vs. Brain Surgery
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2014, 02:15:52 PM »

Ink,   While you may be able to exceed the speeds I quoted if you try to manuver the 84 above 430 mph the ailerons will depart if you exceed 2.5 G's,now granted it's difficult to get the 84 to pull more than 2 G's at those speeds I am able to using trim.

I was positive the first notch of flaps came out at 170 TAS but I also know I dont have as much time in the KI as you do,so I will have to check into that later! Not that it really matters as the difference is small and TAS and IAS can vary so we could both be correct...... :devil

I have also managed to take the KI over 500 mph without breaking it but any inputs can cause you to loose parts and thats likely not the best part of the KI's flight envelope.

I'm sure you know Ink,the KI is best used fighting uphill,using a spiral climb to get above and behind your enemy and then giving them a taste of those 20mm and machine guns.

:salute

everyone I ever helped in the KI....I tell them to fight in the vert...for sure..... thats her game.... :rock

thats not to say she cant fight down hill, she certainly can...just have to fight dethrottled.

and yes once you get to the 500 mark....you better caress that stick like its the wifes pu.......gently...ya thats it..... Gently...... :D

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2014, 03:20:07 PM »
Here is all we need to know about the Ki from this thread:

I once pwnt Ink in a Ki.  I took a screenshot of his broken plane and hung it on my wall.   :old:

Skyyr is so good in a Ki he doesn't even have to fly it to know precisely how it flies.   :rofl

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2014, 03:26:48 PM »
Here is all we need to know about the Ki from this thread:

I once pwnt Ink in a Ki.  I took a screenshot of his broken plane and hung it on my wall.   :old:

Skyyr is so good in a Ki he doesn't even have to fly it to know precisely how it flies.   :rofl

:rofl

you paid good money for me to sign it also  ;)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2014, 03:36:06 PM »

you paid good money for me to sign it also  ;)

The little heart you made at the end of it was totally worth it.   :D
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2014, 03:43:52 PM »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2014, 07:48:42 PM »

Ink,   While you may be able to exceed the speeds I quoted if you try to manuver the 84 above 430 mph the ailerons will depart if you exceed 2.5 G's,now granted it's difficult to get the 84 to pull more than 2 G's at those speeds I am able to using trim.
Very easy to pull blackout in the 84 well over 400mph if you turn off combat trim.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2014, 11:34:15 AM »
Very easy to pull blackout in the 84 well over 400mph if you turn off combat trim.

Yes Karnak and I believe I said that in a post above.  The 84 is one of the few planes I rarely use combat trim on. For the most part I leave CT on as I'm just to lazy to be bothered to trim the planes manually and CT does a good enough job for most planes.Yes there are times when I turn it off or toggle it on/off but my setup allows me to do this quite easily.

I find the P38's and the Ki84 work better with CT off and like you said Karnak,it's the only way to get the 84 to pull G's above 400mph. I think the 109K can benefit from using manual trim,especially at high speeds as it behaves similar to the 84,maybe even moreso as it can top 450 in level flight once to alt.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2014, 12:16:10 PM »

Skyyr is so good in a Ki he doesn't even have to fly it to know precisely how it flies.   :rofl

I beleive he stated he has flown the Ki, you simply dismissed this claim based on his not doing so in the MA.  He has, however, done so in the DA....I know because I flew it against him.  One would think it should suffice given you continually make the statement 'If its not in the DA, it doesn't count.'  

I'll stop now before you call out my defending a squadmate as "ankle humping".  If doing so is now considered to be such, I'll be sure to get off his ankle just as soon as you get off Grizz, INK and Fester's.   :aok

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2014, 12:39:50 PM »
I beleive he stated he has flown the Ki, you simply dismissed this claim based on his not doing so in the MA.  He has, however, done so in the DA....I know because I flew it against him.  One would think it should suffice given you continually make the statement 'If its not in the DA, it doesn't count.'  

I'll stop now before you call out my defending a squadmate as "ankle humping".  If doing so is now considered to be such, I'll be sure to get off his ankle just as soon as you get off Grizz, INK and Fester's.   :aok

Your memory is terrible.  You realize you could have just looked back a few pages, right?   :aok

Have you ever recorded a kill in the MA in a Ki-84?

Yes, but even if I hadn't, it has nothing to do with someone else having to verify their claims.

:ahand

-AoM-

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2014, 12:44:38 PM »
Your memory is terrible.  You realize you could have just looked back a few pages, right?   :aok

:ahand

Why yes I did and do!  Thank you you for the correction.

But this doesn't change the main point of my prior post i.e. you simply disregarded his statements and continued your claim that he had not done so in a later post.  It simply reenforces my prior statement.  Am I incorrect?

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2014, 12:54:21 PM »
Why yes I did and do!  Thank you you for the correction.

But this doesn't change the main point of my prior post i.e. you simply disregarded his statements and continued your claim that he had not done so in a later post.  It simply reenforces my prior statement.  Am I incorrect?

I asked him about the MA. Your main point is mainly an attempt to steer the conversation away from the fact your boy is either full of it or he forgot which account he was logged in to when he became a Ki-84 ninja.    :aok

With your recent interest in shades, I'd think you'd have picked up on this by now.   :)
      -AoM-

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2014, 01:30:25 PM »
ki84 vs F6F-5 is a great fight if flown proper F6F will win  :D
G3-MF

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2014, 02:16:18 PM »
I asked him about the MA. Your main point is mainly an attempt to steer the conversation away from the fact your boy is either full of it or he forgot which account he was logged in to when he became a Ki-84 ninja.    :aok

With your recent interest in shades, I'd think you'd have picked up on this by now.   :)

:lol

Ah yes...how thoughtless of me to forget:

SHADEZ.

ARE.

EVILZ.

And Evilz is rampant everywhere!!! :noid :old:

Pictorial evidence of vile sorcery and hackor skillz:   Skyyr summons Kruel from the Dark Pits of Hell!!

*except when the shadez are Muppets, who only do so for the cause of FURBALLING RIGHTIOUSNEZZ!!!!!!!!   :aok

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2014, 02:38:36 PM »
Fulcrum, stop going off the rails and find out which name your boss flies Ki-84's under.  His credibility is on the line.
      -AoM-

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2014, 03:01:46 PM »
Fulcrum, stop going off the rails and find out which name your boss flies Ki-84's under.  His credibility is on the line.

Will do.   Just as soon as you cease trying to overcompensate for this with inflammatory and/or incorrect statements and innuendo.

Your credibility is on the line.  :old: