Author Topic: New Map  (Read 1121 times)

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
New Map
« on: September 22, 2014, 01:53:59 PM »
All in favor of a new map say I.

I

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Re: New Map
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 01:54:16 PM »
Je
Top Gun

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 02:03:04 PM »
Next one in line is Ozkansas... during the week with that few players on?

No.  :P
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 02:58:55 PM »
who were the monkeys that named these things  :neener:
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 03:16:30 PM »
who were the monkeys that named these things  :neener:

You mean OzKansas?
If my memory doesn't cheat me again, this was named in honor of a deceased member of this community, with the handle of "Oz"... IIRC Fester made this map.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 03:34:02 PM »
oh ok, my spidey senses were telling me it was something to that effect lol, no matter then..  'Murica!   

Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 01:11:25 AM »
Next one in line is Ozkansas... during the week with that few players on?

No.  :P

Alrighty, staying on vacation and drowning some more worms for the rest of the week it is then.

PS - and the only pies I've seen recently are the ones I can eat.   :neener:
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 01:37:20 AM »
who were the monkeys that named these things  :neener:

a decade ago "13th tas" asked me if it could be named in memory of their friend that died. his name was Ozkansas in game. the squad is long gone the player has passed but the name continues to be in Aces High and a few ancient players know its meaning and the rest are like this poster who doesn't have a clue or a care.

yes I did build and design the original Ozkansas map in AH1 a decade ago but all traces of any credit to my work on it have been removed. I did a lot of default skins for the game too but the default tab was never updated to give credit for them either.

so lusche thats 2 maps i built that you find unsatisfactory maybe if you spent a thousand hours on trying to make a terrain tailored to your playing preferences instead of all that time on the bbs with stats you would have less to complain about. pissant.

Slang

Pissant is an epithet for an inconsequential, irrelevant, or worthless person, especially one who is irritating or contemptible out of proportion to his or her perceived significance. A Virginia politician is said to have silenced a heckler by saying, "I'm a big dog on a big hunt and I don't have time for a piss-ant on a melon stalk."[8]

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 02:44:30 AM »
As for credits, on the Downloads-Terrains page it says

[Terrain Download] AHOZKANSAS.EXE
Last updated:  3/11/2010    [Size] 3.51MB    [Name] OZKansas    [Created By] Fester

Good job on that one too.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 02:56:16 AM »
so lusche thats 2 maps i built that you find unsatisfactory maybe if you spent a thousand hours on trying to make a terrain tailored to your playing preferences instead of all that time on the bbs with stats you would have less to complain about. pissant.

Where did I complain about the terrain itself? If anything I complained about the low player numbers.
You are worse than my mother recently. It seems you can't cope with anything than utter praise, any rational discussion with you is impossible now.

And yes, any large terrain is little fun when you have that few players on it.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 03:03:39 AM »
the irony of the person who complains so much about low player numbers is personally responsible for driving so many players away from the game.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 03:08:49 AM »
the irony of the person who complains so much about low player numbers is personally responsible for driving so many players away from the game.

Ok, I bite:

How so?

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 10:08:02 AM »
I like big maps because I don't have to constantly fight a horde ... which is not dogfighting as I see it but mostly gunery and SA practice. :bolt:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 11:04:11 AM »

I agree citabria, I have never understood the big map complaints, seems people are never happy whatever is going on.  If the maps are small people tend to furball and others complain about it. If the maps are large people complain because they can't find a instant fight. GO to a field any nme base and start your own fight. Some one will up when they see a base flashing.

Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 11:14:51 AM »

I agree citabria, I have never understood the big map complaints, seems people are never happy whatever is going on.  If the maps are small people tend to furball and others complain about it. If the maps are large people complain because they can't find a instant fight. GO to a field any nme base and start your own fight. Some one will up when they see a base flashing.

A map designed for 300-600 players doesn't work as designed when there are less than 100 players on the map, it doesn't matter who designs it.

As for starting a fight, ya that works for the first run. After that the defenders know your not there to TAKE anything and so move to defend some place else as there are so few who defend any way.