Author Topic: It's a new dawn!  (Read 4498 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: It's a new dawn!
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2014, 02:32:55 PM »
You might have started with a blank piece of paper, but your painting looks like a more polished remake of your previous one. I am happy HT, I am just not impressed. I also do realize HTC is doing everything in house and cannot hire a whole $$$ team of latest savvy graphic/coder.

Mister Fork   :lol I know I know, I'm a nazi for speaking my mind against HTC's hard work ... sorry  :uhoh but at least we have the freedom to do so in here. I always respected HTC's thick skin as whatever they do, someone is bound to dislike it:old:

MrRiplEy[H] , that's very understandable, and evident by judging on how many are truly amazed by the current state of the previews. Fine with me.

No Frenchy your not a Nazi,  but a lot of us just get tired of all the whiners and naysayers, and you just jumped on that wagon. :frown:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2014, 02:33:40 PM »
You might have started with a blank piece of paper, but your painting looks like a more polished remake of your previous one. I am happy HT, I am just not impressed. I also do realize HTC is doing everything in house and cannot hire a whole $$$ team of latest savvy graphic/coder.

Well at least you are paying your bill after you shoot the chef, punch out the waiter, and set fire to the curtains as you leave the restaurant. And it is the epitome of class that you are still willing to dine at that miserable establishment regardless of how soggy their Confit de Canard comes to your table. You still haven't kicked the janitors dog, yet.  
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2014, 02:41:58 PM »
Everyone realizes that the pictures that were posted are a first pass of a fully-automated terrain conversion, right? It probably isn't adding any extra details or resolution to the old terrain...just making it so it works with the new engine and objects. Let's not be so overly-critical until the final product is released.

And people wonder why HTC has been so stingy with pre-release development updates.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2014, 02:51:16 PM »
Jimmy I understand, I'm still glad I shared my opinion for whoever cares.

Bustr  :lol ... let's see I joined since Beta in 2000, I think we used to pay $29/month in the days. I did take a break 5-6 years for RL lack of time. I spent $1600-ish  :eek: so far with Aces High maybe? For countless hours of entertainment, I think it's worth it. AH was/is/willmaybe definitely (be) a chapter of my life that I will always remember.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:53:21 PM by SFRT - Frenchy »
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2014, 03:05:13 PM »
You still haven't kicked the janitors dog, yet.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2014, 03:13:46 PM »
I see a great improvement on what was the most aesthetically challenging aspect of Aces High.

Well done, can't wait to see it in action.

:salute
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2014, 03:29:23 PM »
'It's just a first pass, you can't judge is silly. When someone throws a ball you can fairly accurately predict where it's going to fall a few seconds after it leaves the hand. Most of the pictures and videos posted so far fail to impress me. Sure throw a 'ho ahhh' sunset to make it look better, but it's still has the same feel as the current engine. I'd have hoped HTC to bite the bullet and start something from scratch.
It's an upgrade indeed that requires a lot of work Im sure, and I'll keep enjoying AH, but 'the new' feels like 'putting a newer stereo system and chrome rims on an old tired car'. :old:

No where in this post does it state in any way what you do not like. Or rather "does not impress".

All it does is attempt to flame HTC.

Now I would like you to show me any other shots from other games that show 3d mountains 20 miles in the distance with haze layering in the atmosphere.

HiTech

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2014, 04:32:44 PM »
'It's just a first pass, you can't judge is silly. When someone throws a ball you can fairly accurately predict where it's going to fall a few seconds after it leaves the hand. Most of the pictures and videos posted so far fail to impress me. Sure throw a 'ho ahhh' sunset to make it look better, but it's still has the same feel as the current engine. I'd have hoped HTC to bite the bullet and start something from scratch.
It's an upgrade indeed that requires a lot of work Im sure, and I'll keep enjoying AH, but 'the new' feels like 'putting a newer stereo system and chrome rims on an old tired car'. :old:

I love my old car its old and its awesome with a new stereo and new wheels and upgraded Corvette fuel injected engine.  So yes upgrading old can be good.  :banana:

Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2014, 04:43:54 PM »
I love my old car its old and its awesome with a new stereo and new wheels and upgraded Corvette fuel injected engine.  So yes upgrading old can be good.  :banana:

Can you say Sleeper !.  Nice car sir.

Wag more, bark less.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2014, 05:00:27 PM »
 :headscratch:  You mean like DCS:

Im not too much of a fan of DCS graphics, everything is so 'grey'. I like Flaming Cliffs a lot as far as graphics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcHFQ9dSb1I

I like their lighting effect, I like the terrain features look realistic for Europe especially the trees. They are clamped together and border fields, roads and rivers and are not scatered randomly into the countryside. You posted a screenshot of a town that looked promizing but subsequent pics/vids showed the tree 'randomly scattered' again.
I definitely love the detail of the cockpits that lack in Aces High but I understand it's the price we have to pay for being able to download the game online. I love tbe little things like the scratches on the glass that show online as they get lit up, the way the thickness of the glass shows like on the spit side window, the cockpit glass getting ice covered when flying in the clouds, the contrails at high altitude, the water has actual dissipating white crest giving that wave feeling.

Anyway, you asked I answered. The new water you created looked miles ahead of what we have now, I was expecting the new terrain to have the same leapfrog WOW factor but I haven't seen it yet. The terrain reflects in the building windows, great I guess but I still dont't feel like Im flying over a credible terrain of any part of the world. Im not 'flaming' to be a trouble maker, I'm contributing to comenting on the progress shots. My opinion is my own perception and doesn't mean it's accurate.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:41:19 PM by SFRT - Frenchy »
Dat jugs bro.

------------------------

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2014, 05:01:50 PM »

:lol.  .... touchay!
Dat jugs bro.

------------------------

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2014, 05:02:27 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Im not too much of a fan of DCS graphics, everything is so 'grey'. I like Flaming Cliffs a lot as far as graphics:
http://youtu.be/hcHFQ9dSb1I  

I like their lighting effect, I like the terrain features look realistic for Europe especially the trees. They are clamped together and border fields, roads and rivers and are not scatered randomly into the countryside. You posted a screenshot of a town that looked promizing but subsequent pics/vids showed the tree 'randomly scattered' again.
I definitely love the detail of the cockpits that lack in Aces High but I understand it's the price we have to pay for being able to download the game online. I love tbe little things like the scratches on the glass that show online as they get lit up, the way the thickness of the glass shows like on the spit side window, the cockpit glass getting ice covered when flying in the clouds, the contrails at high altitude, the water has actual dissipating white crest giving that wave feeling.

Anyway, you asked I answered. The new water you created looked miles ahead of what we have now, I was expecting the new terrain to have the same leapfrog WOW factor but I haven't seen it yet. The terrain reflects in the building windows, great I guess but I still dont't feel like Im flying over a credible terrain of any part of the world. Im not 'flaming' to be a trouble maker, I'm contributing to comenting on the progress shots. My opinion is my own perception and doesn't mean it's accurate.

Link is bad and shows 404

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2014, 05:15:03 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

http://youtu.be/hcHFQ9dSb1I  

Ok and what does any of these things you described above have to do with the screen shots posted in this thread. 

In fact your complaining about cockpit detail, and we have not posted any shots of the changes we have made to cockpits.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2014, 05:25:05 PM »

No where in this post does it state in any way what you do not like. Or rather "does not impress".

All it does is attempt to flame HTC.

Now I would like you to show me any other shots from other games that show 3d mountains 20 miles in the distance with haze layering in the atmosphere.

HiTech

Only your competitors will truly understand what you are accomplishing. Or the more hardcore geeks amongst your subscriber base. Very few players as a rule would ever have a clue how to see what you are describing and tell the difference from the other popular offerings on the internet.

To the uneducated and uncaring eye, it all looks the same in terms of 3D and distance. So they are unwilling to give you credit when most non-programmers really think you are supposed to make it work, not insult them with your hurdles and delays to their fantasies.

Most want IL2 or WT graphics combined with your genius physics and 600 players per room. Many of the complaints in the last few years try to hide that in the midst of them trying to hide their anger at you, along with petty shots at yourself and other forum members for disagreeing with them. You are the programing guy, so it's your problem making them happy because they are paying you $14.95 a month. Or once did and are still holding their breath waiting on you to capitulate to their demands.

Still he hasn't kicked the janitor's dog yet. Now if we were in the Philippines or Viet Nam. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2014, 05:33:35 PM »
.... we have not posted any shots of the changes we have made to cockpits.

HiTech

Changes to cockpits! (scribble scribble)  :aok