Author Topic: It's a new dawn!  (Read 4537 times)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: It's a new dawn!
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2014, 02:04:56 PM »
What's very exciting to see is not the finished result, and a perfect fog layer, but the affect of the haze structure itself.  This new engine is amazing in how complex it is, while still performing well.  HTC is currently in the middle of fine tuning the foundation and support structure, I try and ignore the paint job for the time being ;)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Kazan_HB

• Skinner Team
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 05:58:36 AM »

Il2 Pacific Fighters
Release date 2004
The Few
Since Tour 93

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 06:05:58 AM »
Yes, I bought the IL2 stuff in 2004, never spent another cent on it, nor more than about 45 minutes attempting to play it. ptui!

Skuzzy's screenshot, on the other hand, makes me think of the wondrous things I could do, lurking below that haze in my Mossie...
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 09:36:15 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Il2 Pacific Fighters
Release date 2004
pretty sad isn't it?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 09:47:38 AM »
still looks awful
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:38:21 AM by MickDono »

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 10:16:48 AM »
Come on guys.  Htc is in Texas and that looks just a dawn after big dust storm.  Might the right time to implement the desert terrain
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2014, 10:37:33 AM »
Looks like a smoggy day in the California foot hills  :x  :cheers:
I was thinking mustard gas
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2014, 04:01:13 PM »
still looks awful

Yeah, looks extremely gamey and not natural
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2014, 04:24:37 PM »
Those fart posting in the thread don't seem to realize it's a work in progress. I guess I missed out on the 'snap your fingers where's my steak' gen (thankfully). You guys apparently confuse the dev team size of the games you parade for comparison and Aces High.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2014, 04:28:47 PM »
Those fart posting in the thread don't seem to realize it's a work in progress. I guess I missed out on the 'snap your fingers where's my steak' gen (thankfully). You guys apparently confuse the dev team size of the games you parade for comparison and Aces High.

Yeah they have to whine about something, but then again they are probably part of the millennium generation, you know instant gratification.  :neener:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2014, 04:29:08 PM »
Threads like these show a number of things.  Mainly, the immaturity of some people and the short sightedness of others. These threads also show who people thinks they need to display their e-member because they lack much to hold on to in real life.

Some of you really need to find better ways of expressing your opinion.  By the way... I invite everyone who needs the eye candy to complete their experience to develop a superior product.  Seriously. Go on.  Get started.  Otherwise, in the short term at least give HTC a chance to upgrade their sim/game as they see fit and enjoy what is offered, or don't pay to play.  It is that simple.  
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2014, 04:32:24 PM »

While true, it cant be used as an excuse. The competition can and WILL develop more and quicker because they choose to have huge development teams. And so HTC will be a bit behind the 8-ball when it comes to trying to keep up.

OTH, I think what they are doing looks great and is a big jump forward to what they had. I don't play any other games so all I compare it to is what we had to what we soon will have. Comparing it to other games it may fall short, but it's this game I like, and this game I play.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2014, 04:43:29 PM »
Fugi, you know the critics that can't bring themselves to at least say, 'You're making progress' instead of (basically) 'Boo! Looks like poo!' Were part of the crowd beating the drum for this change . My parents raised me better.  :P

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2014, 04:52:23 PM »
Fugi, you know the critics that can't bring themselves to at least say, 'You're making progress' instead of (basically) 'Boo! Looks like poo!' Were part of the crowd beating the drum for this change . My parents raised me better.  :P

I'm not part of your hypocrit crowd. You still think ot looks bad, but are telling otherwise, just like your parents raised you.

tbese screenshots are much too early. hopefully.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »

I luv it.  Sorry if my remark sounded derogatory  :salute
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills