Author Topic: It's a new dawn!  (Read 4536 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: It's a new dawn!
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2014, 05:30:51 PM »
I'm not part of your hypocrit crowd. You still think ot looks bad, but are telling otherwise, just like your parents raised you.

tbese screenshots are much too early. hopefully.

Back away from the crack, junior.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2014, 05:55:53 PM »
Threads like these show a number of things.  Mainly, the immaturity of some people and the short sightedness of others. These threads also show who people thinks they need to display their e-member because they lack much to hold on to in real life.

Some of you really need to find better ways of expressing your opinion.  By the way... I invite everyone who needs the eye candy to complete their experience to develop a superior product.  Seriously. Go on.  Get started.  Otherwise, in the short term at least give HTC a chance to upgrade their sim/game as they see fit and enjoy what is offered, or don't pay to play.  It is that simple.  
Telling the community members to "go make a better game" is about the most asinine thing you can say. Everyone here pays 15$ a month for this game. Me, I have been here 6+ years. That's 1080$ Of my money I have given to HTC. "Give HTC a chance to upgrade their sim/game" well it's been a helluva long time before we have seen any major terrain changes. With this day in age, I would hope they have alot more to do with these graphics.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2014, 06:14:09 PM »
Telling the community members to "go make a better game" is about the most asinine thing you can say.

No so much .... by comparison.  :D

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2014, 06:21:24 PM »
He did say it was the first pass. Also it seems to be an automated system HTC will use to move current maps to the new system, and as such might need a quick debug/tweak pass by one of the HTC crew to clear up issues.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2014, 06:50:44 PM »
No so much .... by comparison.  :D

:rofl

And thanks for the insight to the progress thus car on the update skuzzy. Looks great.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2014, 07:09:05 PM »
He did say it was the first pass. Also it seems to be an automated system HTC will use to move current maps to the new system, and as such might need a quick debug/tweak pass by one of the HTC crew to clear up issues.

This comparison is intended for those, in a sneak preview thread of what HTC is working on, who ignored the part about it being a first pass, (early work in progress) automated conversion of an existing map, and had to be more than just critical. 

For those who lack imagination or haven't heard of Sweetfx or other shader programs, I wanted to give an example of a simple change in color balance when viewing Aces High. (Note:  this was just a simple color balance change using a graphics editing program, shader programs make it look way better!) 

Screenshots and even the poorly converted youtube films of the updates don't compare to the actual environment (period).  You will just have to wait and see.  For those who have way to be critical about work in progress, you are only giving developers more reason to slam the door shut and keep you in the dark even longer

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2014, 08:20:10 PM »
Exactly what I meant to convey to all the naysayers Chilli.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2014, 10:11:03 PM »
And here all along I thought it was just springtime pollen.  ;)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2014, 03:27:12 AM »
'It's just a first pass, you can't judge is silly. When someone throws a ball you can fairly accurately predict where it's going to fall a few seconds after it leaves the hand. Most of the pictures and videos posted so far fail to impress me. Sure throw a 'ho ahhh' sunset to make it look better, but it's still has the same feel as the current engine. I'd have hoped HTC to bite the bullet and start something from scratch.
It's an upgrade indeed that requires a lot of work Im sure, and I'll keep enjoying AH, but 'the new' feels like 'putting a newer stereo system and chrome rims on an old tired car'. :old:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2014, 04:41:27 AM »
'It's just a first pass, you can't judge is silly. When someone throws a ball you can fairly accurately predict where it's going to fall a few seconds after it leaves the hand. Most of the pictures and videos posted so far fail to impress me. Sure throw a 'ho ahhh' sunset to make it look better, but it's still has the same feel as the current engine. I'd have hoped HTC to bite the bullet and start something from scratch.
It's an upgrade indeed that requires a lot of work Im sure, and I'll keep enjoying AH, but 'the new' feels like 'putting a newer stereo system and chrome rims on an old tired car'. :old:

It seems that user survey has shown that players have really poor systems so they can't upgrade a huge leap without getting a lot of disappointed customers. That and resources - AAA game titles have hollywood movie budgets nowadays. The artwork is very labour intensive.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2014, 07:29:05 AM »
<Toggles through tank skins that will blend nicely with the shadows, colors and new terrain............"Sundown you better take care if I find you been creepin round my spawn point"  :uhoh
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2014, 09:35:25 AM »
I'd have hoped HTC to bite the bullet and start something from scratch.

It appears even when your hope is granted you are not happy, because it has been 100 % started from scratch.

HiTech

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2014, 09:55:22 AM »
It appears even when your hope is granted you are not happy, because it has been 100 % started from scratch.

HiTech
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2014, 10:00:41 AM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2014, 12:19:33 PM »

HiTech

You might have started with a blank piece of paper, but your painting looks like a more polished remake of your previous one. I am happy HT, I am just not impressed. I also do realize HTC is doing everything in house and cannot hire a whole $$$ team of latest savvy graphic/coder.

Mister Fork   :lol I know I know, I'm a nazi for speaking my mind against HTC's hard work ... sorry  :uhoh but at least we have the freedom to do so in here. I always respected HTC's thick skin as whatever they do, someone is bound to dislike it:old:

MrRiplEy[H] , that's very understandable, and evident by judging on how many are truly amazed by the current state of the previews. Fine with me.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------