Author Topic: Fury  (Read 5194 times)

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Re: Fury
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2014, 02:31:46 PM »
The movie was definitely not perfect, but I think it conveyed an experience by those involved in the war in the armored units equipped with Shermans.  Was it accurate... I wasn't there, and there not too many still alive that were.  To attempt to say a highly decorated infantryman attached to armor would not have some expertise we (those that were not there, and can only imagine) do is simply sad.

Gscholtz, you obviously don't like the movie...  so be it.  Move on and worry about something else.  The movie brings to light something that has really not been touched on in length when it comes to allied armor. 

I think that is enough said by me in this thread.

Who let u out of the bk forums bodhi
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2014, 03:23:09 PM »
GScholz, by looking at the picture you have under your name, I can see why you did not like the movie.

...and the "anti-american nazi-card" flies up again. :D

GScholz, your avatar is starting to approach some of the best animated boobies-avatars on this BBS in entertainment value! :D

...thehehehehee...

EDIT/Somehow a very old thread came to my mind: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,17940.0.html. Comedy gold! :rofl/EDIT
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:26:04 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2014, 03:27:45 PM »
 :lol
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2014, 05:23:08 PM »
Who let u out of the bk forums bodhi

door was unlocked...
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2014, 03:37:05 AM »
The movie had some flaws. The major one for me was the scene in the house. It labored the point too much to have any impact. And when the impact did come it was so long after the stage had been set all the tension for that moment had been lost. Plus the nasty bully of a loader was way overdone. His character is too nasty to be believable, even in such a situation. Had the scene simply ended in them grabbing the boss and the new guy and leaving AND THEN the impact it would have been far better.

The other flaw for me was the ending sequence. I understand why but it requires a suspension of belief. You mean to tell me an SS PanzerGrenadier battalion circa 1945 doesn't have any Panzerfaust's readily available? I mean I understand the characters need to stay alive but honestly? After you see a bunch of Hitler youths burn out a Sherman with just one Panzerfaust in the first half an hour?

The film was excellent. Truly excellent. Very hard hitting and definitely worth a purchase. But a missed opportunity.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2014, 12:38:15 PM »
We get that you don't like the movie!  
I liked it, it was exactly what I thought it would be!
You actually enjoyed yourself at a movie without worrying about what Gschlotz from Norgeria opinions might be?

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2014, 01:00:33 PM »
It's a outrage!
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2014, 01:14:10 PM »

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2014, 01:42:45 PM »
The Germans cannot win wars  and they  like leather shorts and big sausages :old:

The British army were warriors and the SS were savages :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2014, 02:54:42 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I was thinking about that when I saw of them with panzerfausts.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2014, 03:26:42 PM »
Oddly enough, the SS weren't featured as the heros of this movie. Bad movie. Bad bad movie.  :D

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2014, 04:33:01 PM »
Yeah, the Americans were really portrayed as true heroes...  :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2014, 04:44:58 PM »
Don't be such a hater, bro.  :D

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2014, 04:49:04 PM »
I don't hate, I'm a lover!  :P

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2014, 05:47:22 PM »
Yeah, the Americans were really portrayed as true heroes...  :aok
Define true hero for us.