Author Topic: Range vox mute  (Read 3259 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: Range vox mute
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 04:12:14 AM »
This is one of the silliest arguments I've ever heard. The option of not listening to range won't effect anyone except yourself, and it can already be achieved by turning your vox volume all the way down, a thing I have to do sometimes in areas of excess range chatter. Unfortunately there is no way to unhook that from also turning down squad vox. One could use teamspeak or vent to get around that I suppose, but a lot of squads still rely on game coms.

Or one could ask HTC to add a slider to allow the volume for just range to be adjusted.  The advantage would be that people could improve their in game communications , by tuning out unnecessary chatter.  Would some always leave the range always turned down , yes, some would, but I know that my squad would love to have the ability to control volume on VOX and Range independent of the other.  and only turn up that volume when needed.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 09:04:15 AM »
how about just a slider to control the volume of just the range.  a slider to control the volume of the vox and one for range.

+1 as an alternative..good idea.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 09:23:48 AM »
Or one could ask HTC to add a slider to allow the volume for just range to be adjusted.  The advantage would be that people could improve their in game communications , by tuning out unnecessary chatter.  Would some always leave the range always turned down , yes, some would, but I know that my squad would love to have the ability to control volume on VOX and Range independent of the other.  and only turn up that volume when needed.

This amounts to the same thing as a mute range option you know  ;)
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 09:44:41 AM »
This amounts to the same thing as a mute range option you know  ;)

No, not exactly.  Having flown professionally for many years with multiple radios and communication channels available  it was standard to adjust the current comm channel with a comfortable volume and keep a secondary channel set with a lower volume.  I suspect that the user community of Aces High would adapt  to a similar SOP.  

Of course the professional aviation airwaves were never subject to the misuse and idle chatter that occurs here in AH.  Reminds me of my airline days, new first officer with Eastern.  Waiting in line for takeoff at JFK bound for Boston.  A big Lufthansa up front, cleared to Taxi into position and hold by the tower, responds with Unable in a very thick German accent.  Tower replies with "what's the problem?" Lufthansa tells them , their head count is off by two, there missing two passengers.  Someone, not me, and not my captain responds over the radio in their best Good Old Boy accent with: "have you'll checked the Ovens?"  .  FAA spent months and I don't know how many millions trying to track down that transmission.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:11:09 AM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 10:00:40 AM »
No, not exactly.  Having flown professionally for many years with multiple radios and communication channels available  it was standard to adjust the current comm channel with a comfortable volume and keep a secondary channel set with a lower volume.  I suspect that the user community of Aces High would adapt  to a similar SOP. 

Yes, but one could still easily completely mute range, leading to the doom and gloom scenario that will supposedly come to pass.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 10:24:39 AM »
Yes, but one could still easily completely mute range, leading to the doom and gloom scenario that will supposedly come to pass.

Someone will have to educated me to the exact nature of the doom and gloom scenario, I just don't get it.  I think what might happen is everyone will benefit from ability to control the volume of each of the radios, just as everyone can now adjust each and every sound that comes through their speakers.  It always seemed strange to me that HTC would allow everyone the ability to adjust each and every sound, including radio with sliders.  

My guess is that the pain for the programming staff to rework the volume controls and split out range from VOX is just to large a task and would require a major re-write of code and that is why it has never been done.  again it always seemed strange that every sound that came out of the game has a volume control slider except range.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:27:35 AM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2014, 10:41:54 AM »
This is one of the silliest arguments I've ever heard. The option of not listening to range won't effect anyone except yourself, and it can already be achieved by turning your vox volume all the way down, a thing I have to do sometimes in areas of excess range chatter. Unfortunately there is no way to unhook that from also turning down squad vox. One could use teamspeak or vent to get around that I suppose, but a lot of squads still rely on game coms.

not really he's right.  how many here advocate not listening to 200?  ability to squelch the range Chanel will definitely  kill the game.  I know it is distracting sometimes but how else can you communicate with your own squad and the people around you.

best way to  test that theory is in fso. where sometimes it gets to confusing with range and squad channel that it drives you crazy.  but at the same time it helps achieve the objective.

ability to squelch range will also wont let you know who else is attacking the same base and what their objectives are. in my squad I have been assigned a target more than once when I hear on range "just dropped on xxx" and it was my assignment.  had I squelched range I would have just wasted bombs.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2014, 01:52:44 PM »
not really he's right.  how many here advocate not listening to 200?  ability to squelch the range Chanel will definitely  kill the game.  I know it is distracting sometimes but how else can you communicate with your own squad and the people around you.

best way to  test that theory is in fso. where sometimes it gets to confusing with range and squad channel that it drives you crazy.  but at the same time it helps achieve the objective.

ability to squelch range will also wont let you know who else is attacking the same base and what their objectives are. in my squad I have been assigned a target more than once when I hear on range "just dropped on xxx" and it was my assignment.  had I squelched range I would have just wasted bombs.

semp

In the current version of the game, you can't  squelch a channel, you squelch a player.  Giving a player the ability to lower the volume on range will only result in a positive effect on game play. People will have better communications.  You are also the only  player in this game that I know of that blindly attacks a target and doesn't first confirm that the target assigned is indeed still up as a valued target. It appears that you attack with your ears and not your eyes, at least that's what your post would seem to imply.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2014, 02:42:53 PM »
None of the problems you list can in anyway be construed as game-killers. In point of fact everyone already has the option to
mute range, simply by turning the voice comms slider down. I have done this. The game did not die. The only problem with this is it also makes channel vox inaudible.

semp

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2014, 03:20:23 PM »
how about Vox chat overrides Range chat so i can hear what my squad mates are saying
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2014, 04:18:58 PM »
HTC has made no response, Bustr quoting Hitech from some years ago is not the same thing, and I'm still waiting for the logical explanation about why being able to mute range would ruin the game and drive off new players   :devil

:rofl you may wait for a long time.

Seems Bustr  answered it pretty good from where I sit.  :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2014, 04:33:16 PM »
:rofl you may wait for a long time.

Seems Bustr  answered it pretty good from where I sit.  :D

No, Bustr was talking about muting the channel.  adding a slider to control the set volume, as you now can for every sound produced in the game, except the slider volume control for VOX is currently the same control for Range volume.  What the majority of posts here are requesting is a slider volume control for Range, you could than set different volume levels for VOX and Range, the same way you can now set volume levels for every sound produced in the game.  Nothing is muted.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2014, 04:39:18 PM »
Here, start asking HiTech about his years of reasoning. I almost want to ask if Laz2 is back as a shade. And stop attacking messengers. But, then I'm not heck bent on telling someone he is wrong for his choices in his company.

**********************************************************************************

HiTech response:

Yes, I think the AH Voice is a waste of time .  True,this is your opinion

It duplicates what I already have running. **I** (me, myself and I)

This is not an opinion but a statment of fact, and is false.

What voice do you have running that can do the following
1. List in AH whos on channel.
2. Show who is currently transmitting.
3. Have a range based channel that transmit to either friendlys in the room or people in vis range in flight.
4. Be assured that who is flying will be able to here you. I.E. no need to use 6 call you can call it via voice and be assured he will here you.
5. Does not need to be brought up externaly.
6. Can encode the voice right into films.
7. Can add the ability to do voice over instructions into films post the films being made, (think of what training films can be made).
8. Can be used to do system brodcasts to everyone.

Laz2: Said

All you guys who like AH voice are the same people who's mamma's made the other kids play with em. Get a life.

HiTech response:

Hmm laz you sound like some one who realy just wants to play with himself?

Laz2 said:

And the voice thing... It also cuts all sound when some lameo is spouting off.

HiTech response:

Laz2 goto setup/voice
Move the effect volume slider to the right.
Move the Play volume all the way to the left.

This will allow you to play in your own quite little world
with out your other sounds being effected.

More to the point of all of this:

Originally posted by The Fugitive

The problem is NOT that you voice your complaint, everyone has that right, and boards were made for them. The problem is that even AFTER getting an answer from the the "owners and designers" of the game you STILL continue to make all the same statements over and over and over again! You sound like a 12 year old who can't get his way !!

HTC made his decision, and weather you believe it right or wrong its his company. And if you believe that the dissatifaction with the decision made on the DA will slowly, but surely destroy this company you have a very small view of the popularity of this game. You should have been around when HTC put in the "Eny Value" to try and even out the side imblalance between countries. They quit in droves !!! I don't think their sticks had time to cool off and they were back.

HiTech response:

I do not belive I could have stated this any better.

I'll only add one more piece. If a person continualy restate their view with out any change ,even after a topic has died, that posting will cause me to start ignoring that persons requests and posts.

2nd:SloeHand.

The cold hard fact.

You do not pay for the right to post here. Nor do you pay for the right to have the game designed to your desire. You pay for access to the content as is, and that content can be designed any way I wish. And you are free to either choose to pay for that that content or not.

Any thing other than that is simply both our desires to make our products more fun.

HiTech

And a point everyone chooses to ignore about the company running this show:

HiTech response:

Strange thing I have been hearing from the customer base that people are leaving in droves for the last 10 years. I.E. Like I said before, people are saying the exact same thing as you for more than 20 years.

Do you have any idea how you try to use the term "Flight Sim" but then ignore the real facts of how a battle in the real world of WWII would be? You want a 1v1, that did not happen very often in the real world, so once again your supposition disproves what you are trying to prove.

It is simple, you are not happening playing the game, then leave. Sorry I am not going to completely change the game format just so YOU alone could be happy.

HiTech

A very common feeling from the disgruntled who want HiTech to change his game to suit their feelings.

Quote from: VoX

What happened to the 'Customer is 'Always' right' BTW?  WHOA!

Me thinks it was Hitechs personal idea to implement the sytem and you doth protest to strongly.  Big Grin

VoX.

HiTech response:

to paraphrase.

Me thinks HiTech could not have valid reasons for doing things they way they are, therefore it must just be his idea and since HiTech has a big ego, that is why he protest so strongly.

A lesson most people should learn.

The first thing to do when you have dug yourself into a hole, is quit digging.

HiTech

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »
I almost want to ask if Laz2 is back as a shade.

I wonder...what ever happened...to Laz2...?

- oldman

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2014, 06:16:53 PM »

I wonder...what ever happened...to Laz2...?

- oldman

I kinda figured he argued himself into a stroke.

Ok, not really.