Author Topic: HQ and radar with low numbers  (Read 5724 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
HQ and radar with low numbers
« on: September 27, 2014, 08:06:14 AM »
Yea I know there is another thread about this somewhere Im just too lazy to look for it.

Just logged on for a rare (for me ) morning play. Says 65 players on. I get into the arena and look to see where the fight if any is. Some schmuck has (milkrun) bombed HQ and taken dar down.

Yanno what this looks like to someone who has just logged in?
It looks like there is nobody playing.

Exactly how is this helpful to the game? It isnt. If anything its counter productive. The numbers are low enough already for those of us with experience to find any kind of fight. Now imagine how it looks to someone who may not have ever played. Again. Looks like nobody is there

What HTC needs to do is eliminate entirely Bombed HQ effects and its rewards for doing so once the numbers drop to a certain number
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: HQ and radar with low numbers
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 08:08:27 AM »
For the record. I just logged off.
Thats the reason.
you want people to actually play this game or not?
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 08:09:02 AM »
eliminate entirely Bombed HQ effects and its rewards for doing so once the numbers drop to a certain number

+1
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 08:13:28 AM »
The very idea of taking out darbars by killing the HQ is a flawed concept that is a detriment to combat, no matter how many are on the roster.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 08:14:51 AM »
Actually the first time buffs dropped it. The second time this morning it was a Bish CV off shore.  Lame game play to say the least.  I logged also.
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 08:22:59 AM »
Actually the first time buffs dropped it. The second time this morning it was a Bish CV off shore.  Lame game play to say the least.  I logged also.

Shoot down the bombers...... sink the CV.... problem solved and you get combat while doing it.  :rolleyes:

and no it wasent me this time who dropped HQ,so dont even try to blame me  :neener:

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 08:33:08 AM »
I wonder what percentage of the HQ take down is strategic as compared to just for the fun of it to make people sequel?

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 08:39:05 AM »
Shoot down the bombers...... sink the CV.... problem solved and you get combat while doing it.  :rolleyes:

and no it wasent me this time who dropped HQ,so dont even try to blame me  :neener:

during normal gameplay with greater numbers I agree. And if you know bombers are headed there before hand..well...yea
But..
The point is. Dar was already down when I got there.
A new player logs in and doesn't see anything and it looks like nobody is playing.

Experienced players tend to zoom their dar into the immediate area and a couple sectors around . Not zoomed out to look at the whole map. Especially on the big maps. So even your experienced player already there may never know a raid is inbound until dar goes out. but for him it doesnt matter anyway because he already knows where the fight is
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 08:43:17 AM »
I wonder what percentage of the HQ take down is strategic as compared to just for the fun of it to make people sequel?

Im guessing by squeal you mean just to piss people off. Im guessing people do it during low numbers to pad their score with a relatively easy milkrun

But if the end result is people log off it doesnt matter.

During these hours you already have lower numbers. Why would you want to do or allow anything that causes them to drop even further?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:46:24 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 08:45:28 AM »

The trend i see here is that the "furballers" have their blinders on and only care about the furball and when the precious HQ goes down they cry.
 These are the same people that will never never lift a finger to defend it or re-supply it.

For us that like the "win the war" gameplay,its all about strategy.

yeah go ahead and flame me,just voicing my opinion  :)

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 08:54:44 AM »
The trend i see here is that the "furballers" have their blinders on and only care about the furball and when the precious HQ goes down they cry.
 These are the same people that will never never lift a finger to defend it or re-supply it.

For us that like the "win the war" gameplay,its all about strategy.

yeah go ahead and flame me,just voicing my opinion  :)

Im not a win the war type because I couldnt care less about winning the war but I do take part in just about every aspect of the game regardless of if it helps "win the war" or not. Including resupplying HQ.

And I usually dont whine about HQ going down. I see it as a part of normal game play most of the time. But doing so during hours of already extremely low numbers is counterproductive to the game itself. And on these big maps its highly unlikely 20 players or so (assuming numbers are divided equally) are going to "win the war" And even if they do. What have they accomplished against no resistance? Yea, you won the war. But in essence you could have had the same amount of fun by doing it in offline mode for all the resistance you face
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 08:58:26 AM »

And to answer this specifically. Most players in general. only have their dar zoomed into a couple of sectors at most. Especially on the large maps. Furballer or win the war type. They may never know there is even a raid inbound to HQ until after its happened because even for the win the war types they are more concentrating on the immediate area on what base they are taking next and what the immediate threat is to them as opposed to what is going on elsewhere

but I digress.
This thread was about morning low number non peak hour gameplay. And not gameplay in general.

HT and Skuzzy can get pissed at me all they want for making this next statement. But logging into an arena where it looks like nobody is there is bad for the game and bad for business. You want ot encourage more people to be playing..not less
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 09:02:09 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 10:06:16 AM »
Im guessing by squeal you mean just to piss people off. Im guessing people do it during low numbers to pad their score with a relatively easy milkrun

But if the end result is people log off it doesnt matter.

During these hours you already have lower numbers. Why would you want to do or allow anything that causes them to drop even further?

You can get more points hitting towns on a milk run than hitting HQ. I'm sure there are some players who do it for strategic reasons, or because they want the challenge of fighting their way in and out, but that number I'm sure is very few. Most, and by a large margin Im sure do it to piss people off.

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 10:09:51 AM »
I f*cking agree : 1 h ago we lost HQ with 67 ppl logged (67 only!), and we were already limited in terms of fights... After 15 min, impossible to find a correct and entertaining fight : i logged off, and several did same just before me.

HQ should be "protected" if less than 100 ppl are logged in, thats common sense. I mean, the best way to make more ppl NOT log ingame during these low pop hours is really to let 1/2 individuals ruin fun for a whole side...

The most pathetic fact is that those who do HQ runs are also those who whine on 200/forum 30 min later because they cant hfind good fights, and are p*ssed off because perks are too high !  :bhead

Yea I know there is another thread about this somewhere Im just too lazy to look for it.

Just logged on for a rare (for me ) morning play. Says 65 players on. I get into the arena and look to see where the fight if any is. Some schmuck has (milkrun) bombed HQ and taken dar down.

Yanno what this looks like to someone who has just logged in?
It looks like there is nobody playing.

Exactly how is this helpful to the game? It isnt. If anything its counter productive. The numbers are low enough already for those of us with experience to find any kind of fight. Now imagine how it looks to someone who may not have ever played. Again. Looks like nobody is there

What HTC needs to do is eliminate entirely Bombed HQ effects and its rewards for doing so once the numbers drop to a certain number

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 10:22:15 AM »
The danger is you can win the war but lose the game.
Pies not kicks.