Author Topic: K4 Test.....Need Obvious help....lol  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Re: K4 Test.....Need Obvious help....lol
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 10:24:04 PM »
Awesome guys.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2014, 03:07:34 AM »
^^^
don't act like you don't know what to spend your money on,
umm, if your a teenager in the this country you should know computer
matters better than most people.. bottom line you get what you pay for
before you buy I would reccommend going with best buy,
not only cuz of their selection but because of their return policy
i've used them before they've been great..
go through online so you have access to all their inventory
god willing it's in stock..  so yea.. thats about it, I would say  
either go best buy or tiger direct which is very similiar for computers
really can't complain with either of these
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:30:09 AM by craz07 »
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2014, 03:28:33 AM »
don't act like you don't know what to spend your money on,
umm, if your a teenager in the this country you should know computer
matters better than most people..

Where does it say that he should know anything about computers?

Best Buy isn't much different from Micro Center, Staples, or any other large chain distributers. If your smart and avoid the protection plan and software they'll try to sell you, you can get out of there with a relatively good machine for a low price. That's really all you can hope to get from them though. Their tech support is terrible and should be avoided like the plague if your machine is not under warranty.

See Rule #4

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2014, 07:29:03 AM »
Whatever you end up buying just be aware if you're gonna pick a ready made Dell or other brand your immediate problem will be with all the crap software they'll load onto it. NONE of that is geared toward a better gaming experience. If you don't know much about computers I suggest educating yourself well enough to disable as much of that as you possibly can--at least while gaming. You might find some of it perfectly useful otherwise but all that extra stuff running while you're trying to play games is gonna be a problem. But by all means max out as much of the hardware as you can afford.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2014, 11:46:06 AM »
Best Buy isn't much different from Micro Center, Staples, or any other large chain distributers. If your smart and avoid the protection plan and software they'll try to sell you, you can get out of there with a relatively good machine for a low price. That's really all you can hope to get from them though. Their tech support is terrible and should be avoided like the plague if your machine is not under warranty.

This.

Big box retailers and the computers they carry have bad reputations because of the care and warranty plans they sell you, the software they load on the computers, and the overall lack of performance (due to low memory and poor graphics cards - the processors are usually quite decent).

However, if you get a best-selling model like an ASUS or a higher-end HP, and you get it on sale (or even better, open box), and ignore the silly add-on plans they have, you'll have a solid starting point for your gaming system, provided you have memory and graphics card slots open. The only thing you might have to do is remove some 3rd party software - easy enough to do in most cases.

I've been building my own gaming computers for 14 years and the best entry-level gaming system is an barebones-like desktop with added memory and video card. ASUS, Acer, and HP tend to be the better brands to work with in my experience. If you're lucky enough to find them, you can get 4GHz floor-model ASUS desktops for $250 from Best Buy. With a $200 video card and $80 in memory, you have a $530 system that will perform like most $1000-1200 systems. Again, just make sure the power supply can handle an additional video card.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:48:35 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 11:50:04 AM »
Ok I will look for any of those three.

If Im not able to purchase one from BestBuy or anywhere else will an online site like Amazon be in any way acceptable?

I dunno if all the xtra stuff will still be involved in that.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"