Author Topic: K4 Test.....Need Obvious help....lol  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: K4 Test.....Need Obvious help....lol
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 09:54:09 AM »
You can build one that will run AH for under 500$. Heck just add a graphics card to a toaster and your set.

I am aware. :)  I know that just about anything for $500 will run AH. :aok  But to run AH at good graphics setting (holding 80+ frames during an FSO take off with those settings), you are going to need to spend a few dollars.  I never got an answer from Skuzzy about the machine I would need to run current AH at absolute maximum graphics (unless he thought I was talking about the upcoming, new AH), but I get the feeling that even now it would cost me around $2000.  I'm in line to build another machine, but I will wait until they release the new engine before I do.  I will ask HTC what I will need then. :D

Also Someguy63, don't pull a Poison on us and only have only 1TB of hard drive space.  Don't want to see video's suddenly ending due to HD space. :lol  But for 300-350, you are better off seeing if you can upgrade your current machine.  Post your machine specs here, and someone will likely tell you what you can get with the amount of cash that is available to you. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 10:12:43 AM »
I am aware. :)  I know that just about anything for $500 will run AH. :aok  But to run AH at good graphics setting (holding 80+ frames during an FSO take off with those settings), you are going to need to spend a few dollars.  I never got an answer from Skuzzy about the machine I would need to run current AH at absolute maximum graphics (unless he thought I was talking about the upcoming, new AH), but I get the feeling that even now it would cost me around $2000.  I'm in line to build another machine, but I will wait until they release the new engine before I do.  I will ask HTC what I will need then. :D

Also Someguy63, don't pull a Poison on us and only have only 1TB of hard drive space.  Don't want to see video's suddenly ending due to HD space. :lol  But for 300-350, you are better off seeing if you can upgrade your current machine.  Post your machine specs here, and someone will likely tell you what you can get with the amount of cash that is available to you. :aok

The type of computer I want is one that can run AH at around 50-60 FPS, that would be wonderful for me. I also want to be able to run other games like the Total War series games like Empire Total War or Silent Hunter 3, nothing too hard to run tbh.

I will never pull a Poison. :lol

As for upgrading my current PC, it's a cheap Toshiba laptop bought from Walmart, runs on 3-35FPS in the MA 40-55 in the DA. :old: So it's best for me to get a new desktop.

Oh and you can call me Anarchy instead of zis BBS name.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 10:30:50 AM »

I have a 250 GB Hard drive and a 120 GB SSD... Its a tough life  :old:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 10:33:59 AM »
The type of computer I want is one that can run AH at around 50-60 FPS, that would be wonderful for me. I also want to be able to run other games like the Total War series games like Empire Total War or Silent Hunter 3, nothing too hard to run tbh.

I will never pull a Poison. :lol

As for upgrading my current PC, it's a cheap Toshiba laptop bought from Walmart, runs on 3-35FPS in the MA 40-55 in the DA. :old: So it's best for me to get a new desktop.

Oh and you can call me Anarchy instead of zis BBS name.

I would save up until you can afford a least something like this http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/. That would be miles better then your current setup. Although you would still need a monitor, mouse and keyboard (and windows  :O)

If you try to get a really cheap computer now then in the next few years it will be already outdated, so in the long run you save money.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:35:50 AM by xPoisonx »

HiTech

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 11:00:42 AM »
I would save up until you can afford a least something like this http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/. That would be miles better then your current setup. Although you would still need a monitor, mouse and keyboard (and windows  :O)

If you try to get a really cheap computer now then in the next few years it will be already outdated, so in the long run you save money.

Too much money I don't want that good a 'puter.

I'm sure I don't need that much to run Aces High.

Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 11:59:56 AM »
Too much money I don't want that good a 'puter.

I'm sure I don't need that much to run Aces High.

You don't. But if you want to play new games coming out then you want to get a good one now that will last you a few years. IMO! Get a toaster if you want.

HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 12:38:51 PM »
For that 50-60 frame machine, are we talking minimal graphics, moderate?  Minimal, you are probably looking at $500.  Moderate, it's going to ramp up.  Poison has a point though, if you do invest in a machine, make sure you are thinking of what you plan on or might want to play in the future.  As I mentioned earlier, while I can build a new machine right now and run AH at near max to max graphics, I am really waiting on the release of the new engine.  There is a VERY good chance that building my next machine around that will allow me to play other games at a fairly high setting.  Of course, I'm going to go 2+ tiers higher (if able) than what HTC will tell me.  AH isn't the only game I play after all. :lol

I have a 250 GB Hard drive and a 120 GB SSD... Its a tough life  :old:

Ew...  I didn't think stuff that low existed still. :lol  You could get a 1TB HD for a decent enough price. :aok  I've had this 1TB HD since I built this machine, and only just now got another 1TB HD.  159 games in Steam, plus a dozen more that are not Steam, put a slight dent on my original drive. :D
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 01:24:33 PM »
I run this game on a 300$ Dollar Toshiba laptop as well, but I'm able to get a steady 60 fps. It has a Intel Celeron processor (1.80 ghz) and 4 gigs of ddr3 ram. I have a 1366X768 screen resolution, texture size set to 2048, and no anti-aliasing. In game graphic  Map Bump with advanced terrain on which is about it.

I would suggest not buying a laptop especially if your going high end. They are less service and obliviously easier to break.
See Rule #4

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2014, 01:59:38 PM »
You don't. But if you want to play new games coming out then you want to get a good one now that will last you a few years. IMO! Get a toaster if you want.

I'm not gonna be one that installs uber games with crazy graphics, I will get a moderate one I think. I'm not into the high-end games to install on a PC like FSX and expect to run best graphics just something enough for AH and a few other games that are absolutely easy to run.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 02:24:40 PM »
I'm not gonna be one that installs uber games with crazy graphics, I will get a moderate one I think. I'm not into the high-end games to install on a PC like FSX and expect to run best graphics just something enough for AH and a few other games that are absolutely easy to run.
The baseline for gaming pcs is around 500$ the lower you go the quality decreases by a greater factor.

HiTech

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 02:49:38 PM »
The baseline for gaming pcs is around 500$ the lower you go the quality decreases by a greater factor.

Ok to get started what brand do you suggest getting.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 04:50:55 PM »

I'll let someone whos more knowledgeable on that subject recommend something, I build all mine.

HiTech

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 06:40:54 PM »

My brother in law bought this one....or one like it last year. He runs the game pretty much flat out and only dips a bit in the 50 fps when it is real busy around him. These guys have great service, build it and test it before it leaves their shop, have a tech line you can call for free if you have any issues.

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/vanquish-ii.asp

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 08:16:48 PM »
The best bang for the buck is to buy a big box store barebones desktop with a decent processor and lots of open memory slots (like a $300-$400 machine). If you can get an AMD processor, it'll be cheaper. Then buy your own memory ($80) and a decent video card ($150-$200) and you have a machine that's 85% of a gaming rig for 50-60% of the cost.

EDIT: Just make sure the power supply on the computer can handle a discreet (additional gaming) graphics card.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 09:31:00 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 09:14:56 PM »
The best bang for the buck is to buy a big box store barebones desktop with a decent processor and lots of open memory slots (like a $300-$400 machine). If you can get an AMD processor, it'll be cheaper. Then buy your own memory ($80) and a decent video card ($150-$200) and you have a machine that's 85% of a gaming rig for 50-60% of the cost.

^^^^^^ This This This^^^^^^^

All my "Gaming Rigs" in the past have been Dells with added ram and video card.
See Rule #4