Author Topic: Dueling Bracket Training Camp/Preseason  (Read 8819 times)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Dueling Bracket Training Camp/Preseason
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2014, 08:30:54 AM »
I'm in the market for an opponent opponent
See Rule #4

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2014, 10:11:16 AM »
Simon wins
P40E Simon
109F Simon (heavy sigh)
Spit5 Copprhed (woot)
F4U-1A Simon

Simon and I have been fighting each other since the early days of Fighter Ace. He's always a gentleman, gives good, pertinent advice, and NEVER takes a ho or front quarter shot.
It's always a pleasure to fight him  :salute Simon, thanks for the fun!
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2014, 10:49:15 AM »
Always a pleasure, sir <S>

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2014, 11:08:14 AM »
So here's where we appear to be headed into the final day and a half of this weeks duels.

The following duels have yet to be fought:

JOACH1M
Spit Mk IX
Coalcat1

Ratio
Spit Mk VIII
-ammo-

Violator*
F4U-4
Kruel*

Icepac*
Seafire Mk II
batfink

akELFY
P-38L
Slash27

iKo*
A6M2
Triton28

The players with asterisks behind their names have not posted in this thread since the brackets were updated and are in danger of being moved to the standby player roster (and replaced by a current standby player) as I set up new brackets tomorrow evening.

Aktap/dogtag380  has bowed out of the next round of duels, will be removed from the active and standby rosters, and be replaced on the active roster by Junky/JunkyII.  Aktap, if you think there's a chance you want to play in the final session beginning in two weeks post here and I'll keep you on standby.

Barkhorn/McShark was unable to fight this week due to real life issues.  Based on your post you will be removed from the active and standby rosters unless I hear something different from you.  If you think you can go this week I'll keep you active.  If you think you can go in two weeks when we start the third and final session I'll place you on standby which will at least hold a place in line to get back in.

Pending finalization of the two players mentioned above this is our current standby list:

Changeup* - Changeup
NatCigg* -   NatCigg
SirLoin - SirLoin
washout* - TJsweet
Lizard3 - Lizard

Players with asterisks behind their names have not posted during the past week (or since the sessions began for that matter.  Triton hasn't posted on behalf of Changeup) and will be removed from the all rosters prior to posting new brackets tomorrow unless they indicate their desire to play in this thread.

More tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:16:23 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Achilles

• Zinc Member
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2014, 11:24:56 AM »
This looks interesting. I'll join the standby roster if it's allowed. I'm primarily only online during weekends, but I'm down for a few duels.
Achilles

"There can be no covenants between men and lions, wolves and lambs can never be of one mind, but hate each other out and out an through. Therefore there can be no understanding between you and me, nor may there be any covenants between us, till one or other shall fall."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2014, 11:31:05 AM »
For these small of a bracket for pre-season. I think Double elimination would do better... Or make it like A and B bracket. where all the pilots in bracket A ( or B ) play against each other. Each win is 1 point. At the end, Whoever finishes 2nd in Group B, will play 1st place in Group A. And vice versa. Just makes a bit more sense. Really put the top pilots onto the Semi-Finals and Finals. And the 3rd and 4th place of the group can play consolation matches.

This is how we do youth soccer tournaments in the area. It's a great set-up. I think it would work well in this scenario. Give each bracket 1 week to complete the first round, then go on from there.

I don't want anyone who wants to fight eliminated during these sessions.  I also wanted to eliminate the pressure of an all out competition and keep these sessions loose and fun.  The key is to keep everyone involved and matched up every week so they can get as much practice time as possible.  That said I could consider a seeding system of sorts based on positioning to try to keep the competition as close as possible.  The downside I see to that is that to get better you have to fight those who are better than you and hopefully get some tips and advice from them along the way.

I'm open to discussion.  This is a new format I thought I'd try to have a little fun while we wait for the main competition to begin in January and, after all is said and done I put these sessions on for you guys.

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2014, 01:22:02 PM »
This looks interesting. I'll join the standby roster if it's allowed. I'm primarily only online during weekends, but I'm down for a few duels.

We don't need your shade skyyr just man up and do it with skyyr. Trust me we all know this is you.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2014, 02:13:02 PM »

I've added you to the standby roster.

We don't need your shade skyyr just man up and do it with skyyr. Trust me we all know this is you.

No need to accuse anyone of anything.

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2014, 04:34:37 PM »
I don't want anyone who wants to fight eliminated during these sessions.  I also wanted to eliminate the pressure of an all out competition and keep these sessions loose and fun.  The key is to keep everyone involved and matched up every week so they can get as much practice time as possible.  That said I could consider a seeding system of sorts based on positioning to try to keep the competition as close as possible.  The downside I see to that is that to get better you have to fight those who are better than you and hopefully get some tips and advice from them along the way.

I'm open to discussion.  This is a new format I thought I'd try to have a little fun while we wait for the main competition to begin in January and, after all is said and done I put these sessions on for you guys.

Yea I understand, My version is just a way to get more practice duels in!

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2014, 05:19:38 PM »
Violator hasn't had time..he said we should be getting our duels in Sunday night.

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2014, 01:22:04 AM »
Waiting to hear from Triton28

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2014, 09:57:27 AM »
Responded.   :aok
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2014, 10:10:09 AM »
Ill be on later tonight CoalCat
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2014, 04:20:09 PM »
He HO'd me every merge.  I let him win the P40c match because I'm a nice person.  :angel:

A6M2 - iKo 
C202 - iKo
P40C - iKo

Fun stuff iKo.   :cheers:

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2014, 04:58:06 PM »
I let him win the P40c match because I'm a nice person.  :angel:

Thank you for that Triton28 I don't care what anyone says about you, you a good guy. fun stuff  :salute