Author Topic: Anyone looking to buy my bike?  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Anyone looking to buy my bike?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 01:40:08 PM »
Unless you have seen this bike run on a Dyno I wouldn't believe any of the horsepower claims.  Buell motorcycle's are complete and utter crap.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 02:46:28 PM »
Unless you have seen this bike run on a Dyno I wouldn't believe any of the horsepower claims.  Buell motorcycle's are complete and utter crap.
IMO Track times will be a better indicator of power.

Dyno's will give you different numbers everywhere u go
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »
There is an ecm tune on it bumps it to ~150hp

Yes I know they even have a version with a claimed factory HP of 146!

I know rotax make a version of that motor that is supposed to put out about 180hp,I just wasnt sure whether buell used that version or not,Rotax make 5 or 6 different versions from 990 to 1100cc.

As I said they are nice motors,until you have an issue.

:salute

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 03:21:53 PM »

Yes I know they even have a version with a claimed factory HP of 146!

I know rotax make a version of that motor that is supposed to put out about 180hp,I just wasnt sure whether buell used that version or not,Rotax make 5 or 6 different versions from 990 to 1100cc.

As I said they are nice motors,until you have an issue.

:salute
i have honestly road the bike like 10 miles and put it for sale. There is nothing wrong with it. Had it checked over before I bought it lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 03:26:09 PM »

they seem to hold their value well for complete and utter crap. Any idea why?
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 03:28:59 PM »
they seem to hold their value well for complete and utter crap. Any idea why?
i don't see what's very crappy about this bike...

I worked for a Honda, Ktm, yamaha, Kawasaki, dealer for over 2 years.
You should she some of their stuff.  :lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2014, 03:54:05 PM »
They lose 50% of their value in 4 years compared to a Honda losing 30% in the same amount of time.  Not exactly resplendent in their holding of value.  What did you do when you worked at that dealership Joachim?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2014, 04:01:22 PM »
They lose 50% of their value in 4 years compared to a Honda losing 30% in the same amount of time.  Not exactly resplendent in their holding of value.  What did you do when you worked at that dealership Joachim?
I did unit assembly (assembling them brand new) and also service tech.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2014, 04:11:25 PM »
If anyone from Buell is reading, or indeed anyone who believes Buell......a single large diameter disc will provide as much braking force as two normal sized discs.  However, with prolonged use under high performance conditions....my twin disc ZX-10R will dissipate more heat than your poxy single disc and carry on working longer.  I'll also have more stability when braking while tipping in for a turn.  I would also argue that twin discs give more feel.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2014, 04:24:26 PM »
I have WP's on my VTR, they would stop a train with one finger, I would like a rim disc on the ST1100 to offset  the shaft drive torque
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2014, 04:33:13 PM »
I have a buell 1125r that I rode once and decided I'm not cut out for motorcycles lol

Clean, fast bike!

lol sounds like you have the same problem I had riding my friends Hayabusa..... I've riden on the road for close to 20 years but the man that is way too much motorcycle for me I'd just kill myself on it, the power to weight and acceleration Wow scary fast. I'll stick with the HD
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 04:50:03 PM »
I don't understand, I owned a Honda Blackbird, ZZR1100, ZZR1200, CBR1000, I have ridden Hyabusa's, all of which are.controlled by throttle,clutch, gears and brakes. The throttle sets the power, the clutch sets how.much.power.makes it through to the final drive. I don't see how you could be more scared on one than the other. Every aspect of performance is controlled by the.rider. A Hyabusa will do 5mph, as easily or more easily than it'll do 185 :headscratch:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 05:03:54 PM »
I don't understand, I owned a Honda Blackbird, ZZR1100, ZZR1200, CBR1000, I have ridden Hyabusa's, all of which are.controlled by throttle,clutch, gears and brakes. The throttle sets the power, the clutch sets how.much.power.makes it through to the final drive. I don't see how you could be more scared on one than the other. Every aspect of performance is controlled by the.rider. A Hyabusa will do 5mph, as easily or more easily than it'll do 185 :headscratch:

I agree completely.  I personally think high performance sportbikes are the safest bikes to ride.  They stop turn and go faster, all of which can help you miss what you do not want to hit.  I also like the riding position on sportbikes because they put you in the best position for control.  Sportbikes are "Form Follows Function", cruisers.............not so much.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »

I totally agree with everything you said there that being said it would come down to self control of myself doing something stupid just having that much power to weight would get me to stupid way too fast. no doubt sport bikes are a kick to ride that's for sure just not for me at my age now I guess.  
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2014, 05:33:08 PM »
lol sounds like you have the same problem I had riding my friends Hayabusa..... I've riden on the road for close to 20 years but the man that is way too much motorcycle for me I'd just kill myself on it, the power to weight and acceleration Wow scary fast. I'll stick with the HD
Yeah the power to weight ratio was enough to make me think twice going over 75% throttle.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3