Author Topic: Max Speed vs Altitude Chart for 9 Fastest AH Aircraft  (Read 650 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Max Speed vs Altitude Chart for 9 Fastest AH Aircraft
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2000, 09:25:00 AM »
Wheres  the niki?

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2000, 09:55:00 AM »
Guys I did the chart for my own purposes, and I fly BnZ planes, so I was looking at the faster aircraft.

Planes like the N1K2, Spitfire, P-38, or the C.205 are generally slower than the planes on the chart so I didn't include them.

It takes alot of work to put it together, and would double my time investment to inlcude the planes I already knew didn't do what I want them too do. Plus the chart was already becoming very cluttered, without adding another 10 planes or so.

If anyone wants it, I can send them the file I used to create the chart so they can include their favorite plane. Just email me.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2000, 10:03:00 AM »
There you go Juzz, I fixed the 190A8 for you. It had the right max speed, just at the wrong altitude in the spreadsheet.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2000, 10:08:00 AM »
 Yes Suave.  It was a good hi alt buff interceptor and murder against an "asleep at the stick" fighter. Just don't try to turn one as it doesn't do that well at all and if you dive, well open your canopy and punch out cause your about to be a P-51 or P-47 snack.

-Westy

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2000, 10:32:00 AM »
Vermillion, did you use the WEP-on speeds for your chart, true ?

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2000, 10:57:00 AM »
Yes Naso, all speeds are WEP if the plane is equpped with it.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2000, 11:13:00 AM »
Ok, so this graph is valid for 5 mins (10 for fw190), if you can prepare kindly a new one with no-wep only speeds, i think we will have some surprise.  

I explain myself...

In merge the wep speed is a correct way to understand the evade window (speed based) each plane have, but after a fierce fight, or in a furball, usually the planes have used up their wep time, and when they decide to run they have the only option to dive and level at their best speed altitude.
In this case, become more decisive the off-wep speed, to maintain for long run home and escape pursuits (or pursuit escapers  ).

In this case the huge difference between wep and no-wep speeds in some plane (aka me-109g10), make THE difference.

believe me, the graph will look lot different.  

YAK YAK YAK!!!  

SpyHawk

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2000, 11:31:00 AM »
Yeah, I would love to see a no-wep chart.
The 109G-10/K is infamous for its ample WEP in real life...but without WEP it is inferior in almost every way to it's Allied enemies (according the the interviews and war diary excepts I have read anyway).