Author Topic: Frustrated Beyond Belief  (Read 450 times)

HaHa

Frustrated Beyond Belief
« on: June 24, 2000, 12:54:00 PM »
Mission Planner - thought it would revive my interest but it has only frustrated it. You can't plan missions to items NOT on the map. i.e. cities or anything else because the "waypoint" will not work. You can't view your mission while in flight so you have no idea how many joined. Vehicle missions can't be planned because the distance button options can't be added to the waypoints.

People ARE interested in missions but right now the planner needs some serious revising.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Frustrated Beyond Belief
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2000, 01:13:00 PM »
Be more specific, make suggestions, and post them in the right forum.  

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

"I say old boy, why don't you shut up and die like a man?"

HaHa

Frustrated Beyond Belief
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2000, 01:30:00 PM »

I really think HTC needs a debugging team or whatever.. I'm sure you can easily find a group of dedicated users who are willing to debug/play test releases before they come out.

I really like HTC and I really want to see you succeed.. I just think you guy really need a good debugging/playtest team  

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
Frustrated Beyond Belief
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2000, 05:40:00 PM »
At the risk of being skewered again for being repetitive....

I would respectfully once more suggest a broadened BETA team before final releases hit the streets.....

Hmmmmmm.....Oh Oh

Regards,
Badger

[This message has been edited by Badger (edited 06-24-2000).]

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
Frustrated Beyond Belief
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2000, 10:05:00 PM »
How about a way to show a teams individual player roles in a given mission.  Or maybe a few generic pre-programmed missions as examples.  EG: 4 P51's for top cover; 2 B26's for ack killing, 4 Niks for medium cover; 2 C47's for troop drop; 2 spits for C47 cover.  Players sign up for what they want to do until there is a minimum number for the mission to go. I think if there are definate roles/jobs to a mission, game play would be enhanced and frustration would go down.  The era of the AC's could be adjusted as well.  Some events could be carried out with SpitV's against 109F's or maybe zeros.

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
Frustrated Beyond Belief
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2000, 11:42:00 PM »
HTC, please ignore these requests for a beta testing team.  I don't want to wait for a release just because some tester somewhere is still at work, having quality time with the family, or has decided to go on vacation.

You had 1.03 out on the 20th and fixed by the 24th, even given that some of the bugs were totally non-trivial.  And even had time to throw in the p47 to boot.  I'd prefer that pace of release to an unknown one, given the vagarities of RL.

-sudz-

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Frustrated Beyond Belief
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2000, 03:52:00 AM »
Keep up the good work HTC; you'll never satisfy this crowd  

It's either too fast or too slow.

Sort of like...uh, never mind, Kirin's gf wouldn't appreciate that comment.

------------------
StSanta
II/JG2

figaro

Frustrated Beyond Belief
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2000, 03:59:00 AM »
Its ok Badger, no problem, you can be repetitive here.  Its a respectful place.

There is little of the selective, sanctimonious, and patronizing "valuation" of posts a few people have a passion for on AGW: This one good, shut up, this one boring, take this one to the off-topic board, etc...

I will keep coming here with great interest.  Clearly the posters are different people here and there, even though they sometimes have picked the same handle (cant someting be done about that?).  Attitudes are much better here.

Cheers

figaro

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
Frustrated Beyond Belief
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2000, 07:06:00 AM »
Frustration is attacking HaHa's B-17 with a P-47 and getting loosing a wing from 1400 yards.

I got three passes on him with some hits, no damage apparent to the B-17.  I see another friendly moving up so I close from 1800 to 1400 and start to weave, and HaHa nails me.

Attacking a Buff is an OVERLY FRUSTRATING PROPOSITION!

I can see allowances to GAMEPLAY so that buffs can be effective.

But the AH BUFFS ARE TOO EFFECTIVE!

------------------

"Downtown" Lincoln Brown.
    lkbrown1@tir.com    
 http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
Wrecking Crews "Drag and Die Guy"
Hals und beinbruch!

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
Frustrated Beyond Belief
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2000, 07:54:00 AM »
Hiya Badger,

Afraid I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on this one.  I like that testing isn't dragged out in never ending beta's like in Warbirds.  You can't have forgotten the cycle there already (well it has been a long time since a new version there)

Tested for weeks and weeks in a locked beta arena that never seemed to have anyone in it.  Then released to the general public for testing and still very few to noone would be in the beta arena.  Then manditory download and the thing was just as buggy as anything here alot of times worse.

No thanks, make it a manditory download as soon as possible and work out the little bugs as they pop up.  To be honest I have had very little trouble with the releases from HTC.  I think most of the problems come from people having problems in there systems and not knowing it.

When 1.03 was released I had some problems with it until I read The Read Me File (imagine that RTFI) and found that it needed RW ver .54, not a single problem after that.  No DTDs, no connection problems, only the FPS hit with the smoke (but I have a 2 year old Viper 550, gotta get a new card)

I never update from a previous version, I always download and install the full version (do the samething with Warbirds) read the read me file and report any little bugs I find.

These aren't boxed games with 2 years of testing behind them, internet only games routinely take a little bit of computer savy to use and if I can do it anyone can, if they just have a little patience and attention to detail.

Sharky

------------------
Playboy Leader
307th FS/31st FG
You can run but ya just die tired