Author Topic: A Giant <S> To Kruel  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Re: A Giant <S> To Kruel
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 11:41:01 PM »
He always gets me killed  :cry

You always run to another target. :old:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 12:51:47 AM »
Real struggles in this thread.  Noobs.   :rofl
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 02:41:01 AM »
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 02:59:18 AM »
How about you and your wingman vs me and my wingman?   :t
What do you think about this Krupnski? Don't worry bro I'll throw down the challenge

7 Rounds First round TA152s? Doras? LA7s? (Can't speak for Krup, but a 2v2 in 152s would be a sick fight)
Loser picks next ride/ merge alt
Gun package mutually agreed upon prior to round
Fuel load out mutually agreed upon prior to round
First Pass Cold, after that Fight Club rules.....there are none.
No Maneuver until Icon Range.

If they don't take it, we will be glad to fight Ratio/ Anarchy next....same rules.

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 03:21:45 AM »
But Junky I packed up my space suit since I last fought Skyyr.  :(

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 04:25:58 AM »
pff Pineaple is the best wingman u can ever ask for heck he even finished a tour with more assist then kills  :rock  :cheers:  :airplane:

so is Glzz together we form the undefeatble Delicous Duet *tired cant type worth a $@@$@*
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2014, 05:47:23 AM »
But Junky I packed up my space suit since I last fought Skyyr.  :(

Strange. I've seen film of some of those fights... you didn't seem all that high up to me.

Maybe you wear suits like that for fun? Cosplay, Krup? I didn't think you were the Trekkie-type!  :lol  ;)
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2014, 07:45:31 AM »
Don't hate I am who I am...  :noid

I'm gonna put myself on the spot here... No offense to Skyyr for he does what he does well, and I respect that, but simply put I don't 'enjoy' fighting him... I enjoy the fights that end up on the deck, full flaps, stall buffer blaring... leaving you wondering hours later what you could have... SHOULD have done differently. Imagine you're fighting Skyyr now, everything slows down by 50%.. You're basically watching and waiting for your opponent to do the inevitable immelman, spiral climb, etc. If you can't get above him by the second merge, which you won't, you better be damn good at dodging high deflection shots, or you're toast.. and if you manage to dodge, you're still toast because you won't have the E to follow him back up. Maybe it's just the slow drawn out repetitiveness of E fighting, whatever it is I don't have the patience for it... never have.

Now, with all that said.. Junky and I are gonna pwn you 2v2!  :neener:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 07:48:38 AM by Krupinski »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2014, 07:48:18 AM »
Does this mean you're ready to go fight, Kruel?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2014, 08:34:19 AM »
Don't hate I am who I am...  :noid

I'm gonna put myself on the spot here... No offense to Skyyr for he does what he does well, and I respect that, but simply put I don't 'enjoy' fighting him... I enjoy the fights that end up on the deck, full flaps, stall buffer blaring... leaving you wondering hours later what you could have... SHOULD have done differently. Imagine you're fighting Skyyr now, everything slows down by 50%.. You're basically watching and waiting for your opponent to do the inevitable immelman, spiral climb, etc. If you can't get above him by the second merge, which you won't, you better be damn good at dodging high deflection shots, or you're toast.. and if you manage to dodge, you're still toast because you won't have the E to follow him back up. Maybe it's just the slow drawn out repetitiveness of E fighting, whatever it is I don't have the patience for it... never have.

Now, with all that said.. Junky and I are gonna pwn you 2v2!  :neener:

I don't enjoy fighting him either.  I doubt most people enjoy dying over and over again...(for you less so, for you are far more skilled than me to be sure). 

I enjoy the types of fights you mention a great deal, but at the end of the day that type of stall fighting requires your opponent to agree to fight to the same terms.  As you say, if he refuses to turn after the second merge, runs the stall fighter out of E and options, the fight is effectively over unless the stall fighter gets REALLY lucky and/or the E fighter makes a mistake.   And yes, it is very boring and repetitive....but you can't dispute it's effective.  It's also more closely reflects the historical truth of air combat of the period.

FYI - I don't hate who you are.  My post was gentle ribbing, sir...nothing more.  :salute
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2014, 09:59:29 AM »

No offense taken whatsoever.  :salute

I enjoy the fights that end up on the deck, full flaps, stall buffer blaring... leaving you wondering hours later what you could have... SHOULD have done differently

Somewhere between the deck, the flaps, and the stall buffer, there was probably a turn (or fifteen of them) that shouldn't have been made.  :D j/k

What do you think about this Krupnski? Don't worry bro I'll throw down the challenge

7 Rounds First round TA152s? Doras? LA7s? (Can't speak for Krup, but a 2v2 in 152s would be a sick fight)

If they don't take it, we will be glad to fight Ratio/ Anarchy next....same rules.

We readily accept 2v2 challenges. See here:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,365230.0.html
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,365599.0.html

Only difference I see is that we set the merge alt consistent across all fights (e.g. 5k, 7k, etc.). If you're interested, let's set something up.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:02:56 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »

Sounds fun, we have others that have expressed interest but we haven't been able to coordinate, PMs to some have been sent though:

Joachim and Nath/DrBone
Glzz and Raynos
Flench(what's your in game name?) and ?
Junky and Krup

I will make a more active effort to catch you guys in game.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 02:15:03 PM by Kruel »

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2014, 02:13:42 PM »
I still need to kick him in the jimmy but......

He is really sincere about this 1 v 1 thing and I applaud his efforts as witnessed by me on 200 this evening.

This is what the game needs.   Not MrYouTube chest thumping nonsense.

:salute

Don't know what's so special about this, others do it all the time. Not sure which one of us you hate on which day, we need a schedule or something.

I just haven't felt like playing in the MA much, and now that we found a suitable training arena (you are going to regret showing it to me Krup! :) )

I am going to try to record the fights and post them if they are fun/interesting.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2014, 02:17:54 PM »
Does this mean you're ready to go fight, Kruel?

Not sure when I wasn't ready..

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2014, 02:25:36 PM »
Sounds fun, we have others that have expressed interest but we haven't been able to coordinate, PMs to some have been sent though:

Joachim and Nath/DrBone
Glzz and Raynos
Flench(what's your in game name?) and ?
Junky and Krup

I will make a more active effort to catch you guys in game.
Flench is Flench.