Author Topic: Rescue Missions  (Read 653 times)

Offline Lightace

• Zinc Member
Rescue Missions
« on: October 26, 2014, 09:28:30 PM »
I think we should add rescue missions for squaddies to save their perks and scores. Most pilots hop out of a plane bail and instantly return to tower, wouldn't it be better if you had the option to take the ride down (with risk of getting shot) and instead of being captured and losing perks, could be rescued and keep them while preserving a bit of your squads overall score (if you are actually concerned about it). I would suggest adding a "rescue kit" to the c-47 loadout and requiring the goon to land within 500 yards of the downed pilot. From there he (just like a damaged gv grabbing supps) selects "join _____ plane" or something similar. And if the goon lands safely, perks are given to both parties. The downside is if you can farm perks by doing this, my suggestion is that the perks lost by the pilot by having to bail, are given to he who rescued him.

-Ace javascript:void(0);

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Rescue Missions
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 11:23:19 PM »
+1. this would work great if we added some of the float planes as well. Hell the storch could do this i'm sure.
See Rule #4

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 11:27:54 PM »
I think we should add rescue missions for squaddies to save their perks and scores. Most pilots hop out of a plane bail and instantly return to tower, wouldn't it be better if you had the option to take the ride down (with risk of getting shot) and instead of being captured and losing perks, could be rescued and keep them while preserving a bit of your squads overall score (if you are actually concerned about it). I would suggest adding a "rescue kit" to the c-47 loadout and requiring the goon to land within 500 yards of the downed pilot. From there he (just like a damaged gv grabbing supps) selects "join _____ plane" or something similar. And if the goon lands safely, perks are given to both parties. The downside is if you can farm perks by doing this, my suggestion is that the perks lost by the pilot by having to bail, are given to he who rescued him.

-Ace javascript:void(0);
if a pilot jumps out of the plane wether he/she is just bailing or got shot up--the plane crashes--so what would you be joining???
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Lightace

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 06:07:12 AM »
if a pilot jumps out of the plane wether he/she is just bailing or got shot up--the plane crashes--so what would you be joining???

you would be joining your squaddies (or not squaddies) c-47 for a transport ride back to a base

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 10:28:17 AM »
you would be joining your squaddies (or not squaddies) c-47 for a transport ride back to a base
:airplane: I have in the past, ran serveral "rescue" missions like this: I would take something and fly NOE, deep into enemy country, land wheels up, so my icon couldn't be seen by anyone, friend or foe and have my squad "find" me and then land. I would then have to end my sortie and select "join" on the roster for the aircraft closest to me, they would then take off and of course, we always had to "fight" our way out of "indian" country. If they got me back to friendly lines, the mission was a success. sometimes they would have 2 goons or some other aircraft land along the way in to get me, in case we were shot down and then we had 2 pilots to be rescued. It was a lot of fun and something different to do besides the same ole "furball" or base take missions!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 11:12:43 AM »
A C-47 could be used.  I know one case where a P-38 pilot picked up a fellow squad member -- it was a tight fit -- so that could work too.  But a Westland Lysander for land-based rescuers would be the "bee's knees" as they use to say.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 11:42:18 AM »
+1

Offline shake307

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 08:52:22 PM »
Bat 21 scenario!  +1!
Respect is granted, not demanded.

Let's get drunk and fly!

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 05:26:03 AM »
A C-47 could be used.  I know one case where a P-38 pilot picked up a fellow squad member -- it was a tight fit -- so that could work too.  But a Westland Lysander for land-based rescuers would be the "bee's knees" as they use to say.

Rudely regularly picked up downed fellow pilots in his Stuka, was also done in Vietnam, there was a thread about it not long back
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 11:07:30 AM »
+1

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 02:19:51 PM »
Rudely regularly picked up downed fellow pilots in his Stuka, was also done in Vietnam, there was a thread about it not long back

Or even Rudel. Bleeding spellchecker  :mad:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 02:23:26 PM »
Yup.  If there's one thing this game needs, it's more non combat things to do.  There are just too many people flying armed aircraft and fighting all the time.

Flying SAR and sitting in fields is truly awesome gameplay.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 02:30:03 PM »
Yup.  If there's one thing this game needs, it's more non combat things to do.  There are just too many people flying armed aircraft and fighting all the time.

Flying SAR and sitting in fields is truly awesome gameplay.

Wiley.

Dang, and to think I was about to wish for a marathon race so we could all gather around and run across the countryside for a few hours.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 04:40:05 PM »
I'd enjoy flying the occasional SAR mission; the storch and C47 come to mind. SAR (repair) missions already happen from time to time with people upping jeeps, half-tracks, storches and goons to deliver GV supps to nearby GV's; now that being said I don't think there would be enough players willing to put in the time to fly outside the dar ring of the closest base to retrieve a downed pilot to justify HTC putting the effort in to implement this particular feature anytime soon.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 06:46:21 PM »
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000  :x
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4