Author Topic: I think I've been playing too much  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
I think I've been playing too much
« on: October 20, 2014, 06:25:08 PM »
Last night when I got off I could barely close my joystick hand. I may have tendonitis in my right elbow. This actually started this Summer from using pruners for hours in the yard. I'm not sure whether to go to the doctor or not or just take time off.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: I think I've been playing too much
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 06:38:39 PM »
Take time off and play more AH  :old:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 06:42:33 PM »
how's your eyesight?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 07:03:54 PM »
how's your eyesight?

semp

Good to a point. I'm nearsighted in my left eye and farsighted in my right. Together they work out.

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 07:34:44 PM »
My canary in the coal mine for too much play is my eyesight.  If it feels like I need to pull my eyeballs out and wash them, then I've been playing too much.
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 08:14:18 PM »
Do you say `roger  ` when your Mrs or some one asks you something??

:uhoh

thats a sure tell
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 09:40:36 PM »
wait until you start your merge in to traffic and think about lining up your sights.....

Saying "roger" to your spouse or child is only the beginning.

When your arm twists and turns and becomes all gnarled up in an odd ball position that is more likely from too much fappin'.  Just ask qbert.   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 02:03:23 AM »
If you post me $4000 i will cure it  :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 03:26:47 AM »
On the serious side..............  Is your joystick mounted above elbow level? (for most folks this would be yes, unless they have some sort of modified desk / gaming mount).

As an older gentleman (stop asking how old...  :old:  ) I moved my joystick and throttle controls to lap level and found that to have reduced much of the strain that I was experiencing.

The first way that I did this was simple and the most comfortable.  I took a lap desk that has the padding on the bottom meant to sit your laptop on while in bed.  I screw mounted the joystick to it and it rested comfortably in my lap and gave me the appropriate amount of room for movement.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 03:42:44 AM »
Do you say `roger  ` when your Mrs or some one asks you something??

:uhoh

thats a sure tell

I found myself about to say it on the job, once; I thought hmmm what would the reaction have been  :rofl
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 05:35:34 AM »
wait until you start your merge in to traffic and think about lining up your sights.....

Saying "roger" to your spouse or child is only the beginning.

When your arm twists and turns and becomes all gnarled up in an odd ball position that is more likely from too much fappin'.  Just ask qbert.   

I said Roger in an interview, didn't get that job.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 06:43:19 AM »
Don't pull lead on the car in front...
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 11:47:34 AM »
On the serious side..............  Is your joystick mounted above elbow level? (for most folks this would be yes, unless they have some sort of modified desk / gaming mount).

As an older gentleman (stop asking how old...  :old:  ) I moved my joystick and throttle controls to lap level and found that to have reduced much of the strain that I was experiencing.

The first way that I did this was simple and the most comfortable.  I took a lap desk that has the padding on the bottom meant to sit your laptop on while in bed.  I screw mounted the joystick to it and it rested comfortably in my lap and gave me the appropriate amount of room for movement.

You are right about this, look at the height level of the sticks in modern fighter jets.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 03:41:49 PM »

Ill give that a shot, but my chair collapsed. I need a new chair.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 03:44:50 PM »
Doubt its from playing......you need to give up pruning and yard work....DRs orders  :D
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.