Author Topic: PRODUCTION NUMBERS VS IMPACT ON THE WAR, DO THEY DESERVE TO BE IN GAME?  (Read 1996 times)

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
   GREETING FELLOW BIRDMEN,AND ALL THOSE WHO LIKE TO ROLL AROUND IN THE MUD IN A TANK.   THERE SEEMS TO BE GAPS IN THE PLANE AND VEHICLE SET.  THERE WERE MANY AIRCRAFT THAT HAD A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT ON THE WAR THAT ARE NOT IN GAME......ON THE OTHER HAND THERE ARE MANY THAT HAD VERY LOW PRODUCTION NUMBERS AND/OR SAW LITTLE ACTION.  EXAMPLE THAT COME TO MIND ARE THE P-47M(130 PRODUCED) THE TA-152(70-80 PRODUCED) THE F4U-C(200 PRODUCED),THE F4U-4(INTRODUCED TO SQUADRON IN LAST 4 MONTH OF THE WAR),THE WIRBLEWIND(ABOUT 100 MADE),THE OSTWIND(ABOUT 44 MADE) THE BREWSTER(44 MADE FOR FINLAND)THE BREWSTER MADE A SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTION TO THE FINNS AGAINST THE RUSSIANS,HOWEVER,WE SHOULD HAVE THE OTHER VARIANTS(CARRIER BASED).  I THINK HAVING THESE RIDES WITHOUT A PERK COST MAKES THE GAME TOO GAMEY.  THE WIRBLEWIND,THE TA-152,AND P-47M ARE THE MOST USED AND ABUSED RIDES INGAME.  I THOUGHT THE REASON FOR PERKING A RIDE WAS TO LIMIT ITS USE AS MOST PLAYERS MIGHT JUST USE AN ALTERNATE RIDE WITH LOWER OR NO PERK POINTS REQUIRED.  WHY DOES THIS NOT APPLY TO RIDES THAT SAW VERY LIMITED USE AND HAD VERY LIMITED PRODUCTION AS WELL?  IT SHOULD.
   THERE ARE MANY OTHER RIDES THAT DESERVE A PLACE IN GAME...WHILE WE STILL HAVE A GAME. UNLESS THAT IS UNLESS THERE IS SOMETHING IN THE WORKS TO BRING PEOLE IN GAME.  I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT GRAPHICS.  MY SUGGESTION IS TO HAVE AN OFFLINE FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR TUTTORIAL FOR ALL VEHICLES AND AIRCRAFT. A SORT OF RIDE A LONG AI VOICE THAT GIVES YOU POINTERS ON HOW TO FLY AND LAND AND WHEN PROMPTED THE HIGHLIGHTED CONTROL OR TEXT LIGHTS UP,SHOWING YOU WHAT TO DO.  EXAMPLE ON LANDING "USE YOUR FLAPS"(VOICE) AND A HIGHLIGHTED TEXT OSCREEN TO SHOW YOU HOW , AND SO ON.     THIS POST HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY  CHEEZE! THE OTHER OTHER WHITE MEAT.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
Re: PRODUCTION NUMBERS VS IMPACT ON THE WAR, DO THEY DESERVE TO BE IN GAME?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 12:09:20 PM »
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 12:17:11 PM »
Perking a plane or GG has never been about real production numbers. The perk mechanism is a gameplay balance.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 12:32:30 PM »
-1 for caps

-1 on your suggestion, because the planes you picked out, the P47M and the TA152 aren't even close to being game changers.

-1 because I highly doubt the reasons you give are the real reasons you want to limit access to these aircraft.

If you don't want to fly them then don't, but don't deny me access to the TA152 or attempt to perk it because you don't like fighting them.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 12:33:38 PM »
I think in game use of the 152 might actually correlate reasonably to production numbers. I don't see it to often. As to your central point regarding gameyness, well, it's in the eye of the beholder. At least there are no real fantasy birds "Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe" etc. the uber, almost postwar, planes seem still within the envelope of good game play. Gamey aspects are things like HQ BOMBING WITH ONE SET OF LANCS DISRUPTING ALL RADAR AND MAKING US CHOOSE BETWEEN FLYING ENDLESS GOON RUNS OR LOOKING AT BLINKING TOWNS TO TRY TO FIND COMBAT. ahem.
Pies not kicks.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 12:43:20 PM »
The 152 has the potential to be better then most planes, but it is very difficult to fly well, and shouldn't be perked because it 'can be'. The LA-7 performance wise is better in almost every catagory.  :neener:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 12:49:25 PM »
lol  I LOVE CAPS LOCK.    MY REASONS FOR THE POST ARE TO MAKE GAME PLAY  MORE LEGITIMATE.   NO AIRCRAFT IS A GAME CHANGER IN GAME WHEN RELATED TO A POST THAT WAS TALKING ABOUT THEM IN REAL WORLD VS IN GAME. I ENJOY FIGHTING AGAINST ALL RIDES IN ACES HIGH.  I LIKE TO FLY THE TA-152 MYSELF.....BUT SOMETIMES IT IS TOO EASY.   RELATING THIS TO THE WAY FSO PLAYS FOR INSTANCE.   IN THE CURRENT SETUP THEY HAVE MINIMUMS AND MAXIMUMS BASED ON USAGE. AS THE FRAMES PROGRESS THERE ARE LESS OF A PARTICULAR PLANE DUE TO ATTRITION BEING FACTORED IN.    IN GAME. ALL PLANES AND RIDES WOULD STILL BE AVAILABE TO EVERYONE,THE SAME AS THE B-29,T-34/85,MOSSIE 16 AND OTHER ARE. IF ANYBODY IS WHINING ABOUT THE COST OF A FEW PERK POINTS,THEN I HAVE TO WONDER WHAT KIND OF A PERSON THAT REALLY IS,AFTER ALL, PERKS ARE EASY TO GET,AND EASY TO USE. :rofl

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 12:56:03 PM »
I think you've missed the point and your caps lock fetish destroys any real or imagined legitimacy you feel your argument has. You need to learn to Internet better.
Retired

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 01:01:52 PM »
So how many times were you shot down by a Ta-152 and/or P-47M?
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 01:03:25 PM »
Alpini actually doesn't get shot down much or I don't see him get shot down that much  :lol

He does have a CAPS Lock problem.
Top Gun

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 01:03:41 PM »
lol  I LOVE CAPS LOCK.    MY REASONS FOR THE POST ARE TO MAKE GAME PLAY  MORE LEGITIMATE.   NO AIRCRAFT IS A GAME CHANGER IN GAME WHEN RELATED TO A POST THAT WAS TALKING ABOUT THEM IN REAL WORLD VS IN GAME. I ENJOY FIGHTING AGAINST ALL RIDES IN ACES HIGH.  I LIKE TO FLY THE TA-152 MYSELF.....BUT SOMETIMES IT IS TOO EASY.   RELATING THIS TO THE WAY FSO PLAYS FOR INSTANCE.   IN THE CURRENT SETUP THEY HAVE MINIMUMS AND MAXIMUMS BASED ON USAGE. AS THE FRAMES PROGRESS THERE ARE LESS OF A PARTICULAR PLANE DUE TO ATTRITION BEING FACTORED IN.    IN GAME. ALL PLANES AND RIDES WOULD STILL BE AVAILABE TO EVERYONE,THE SAME AS THE B-29,T-34/85,MOSSIE 16 AND OTHER ARE. IF ANYBODY IS WHINING ABOUT THE COST OF A FEW PERK POINTS,THEN I HAVE TO WONDER WHAT KIND OF A PERSON THAT REALLY IS,AFTER ALL, PERKS ARE EASY TO GET,AND EASY TO USE. :rofl

So now you are saying perk the 152 because it's too easy? Are you aware of the La7, P51, Spit 16, Nik2 or any other plane in the game?!?  :neener:

:noid
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 01:08:18 PM »
So now you are saying perk the 152 because it's too easy? Are you aware of the La7, P51, Spit 16, Nik2 or any other plane in the game?!?

Spit 16's aren't all that easy to fly, specially if someone doesn't know what they are doing.
LA7's are easy mode, but so is Yak3. If La7 is perked then Yak3 should be perked regardless of ammo load.
P51 pilots are almost always garbage when they lose speed, its just getting them to lose speed.
N1K's should be perked lol I don't care what anyone says. It is a Japanese CHOG, like its crazy how uber it is.

152 and 47M should be perked, along with 190Dora. Just so I get more perks for killing run turds.  :old:
Top Gun

Offline hcrana

• Copper Member
      • http://www.menacingferrets.com
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 01:12:37 PM »
Who reads posts in all-caps?  Pfft.  Get a grip, man.
Herr Doktor Professor Kolonel H.C. Rana
Kommanding Ossifer, The Menacing Ferrets
ILLEGITIMATVS NON CARBORVNDVM EST

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 01:17:25 PM »
Spit 16's aren't all that easy to fly, specially if someone doesn't know what they are doing.

A pilot who doesn't know what they're doing simply doesn't know what they're doing in any plane. That doesn't change that a Spit is exponentially easier to fly than almost any other aircraft, specifically because of it's e-retention. Even the LA-7, as uber as it is, will bleed E and torque out if handled incorrectly. The Spit retains it at all flight envelopes.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 01:20:06 PM »
The 152 was already perked at one time. It was proven that it should not be.

The p47m isn't that great. It is a decent plane to say the least but unless you are in a group of p47s it really doesn't stand out among the crowd.

The Chog and 4hog are perked.

Perks are not about the production of the plane. It's about what would happen if everyone in the MA flew temps, it obviously would not be that fun.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion