Author Topic: Can you pass a Naturalization Test?  (Read 446 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Re: Can you pass a Naturalization Test?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 12:15:05 AM »
I'm Canadian and got one wrong.  Your politics are on our TV more than our own.

I didn't know about selective service ages, not exactly anyhow.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 12:28:09 AM by Gman »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 12:40:08 AM »
Easily, 100%.  I didn't look at the link, but I helped my wife study for hers as she is an immigrant.  Many Americans cannot pass it though.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 12:49:22 AM »
Easily, 100%.  I didn't look at the link, but I helped my wife study for hers as she is an immigrant.  Many Americans cannot pass it though.

Depending on the cut score for passage, most Americans cannot pass it. Sheesh!
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Sombra

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 04:04:38 AM »
Spanish citizen, never been to America. 79%, with many guesses. I think I'd rather be a canadian though (primarily because of healthcare).

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 04:36:19 AM »
Yeah, but they took Canadians to the US as slaves.

... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 05:30:51 AM »

Canada's healthcare Sombra? Aren't there Canadians going to the US and paying out of pocket to get procedures done that if they wait for up North by the time their # is up, their # is really up?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 05:57:29 AM »
82%

And of course many, if not most, born Americans would probably fail in that test. But that's not that special, most Germans would fail in similar German naturalization tests as well.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 06:26:04 AM »
I scored 0, the test doesn't work with javascript disabled  :cry
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 07:49:41 AM »
I would agree with Lusche so far as my country goes as well.  Canadians know very little about Canadian history.  In fact, due to our TV and such being 90 percent American, most Canadians know as much or more about the USA than they do about Canada's history and current politics, as there hasn't been a lot of TV shows or documentaries made about it in comparison.  Unless Canadians study Canadian specific stuff, typically in collage, they usually don't know too much about it.  A similar Canadian test with Canadian questions would result in lower scores up here than that US test I would wager.

There were some pretty difficult questions there for people that haven't studied the US system IMO.  It was interesting though - and yes, Canadians seemed to be the whipping boys of that test...apparently we were imported among other things.  Like I said, many funny options written into the test, I quite enjoyed it.