Author Topic: Ethics of HO Shooting.....  (Read 14328 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: Ethics of HO Shooting.....
« Reply #150 on: November 05, 2014, 12:15:43 PM »
Can we please not.

Ok ok ok... I'm sorry for saying Skyyr was cute.   :o  Do you accept my apology Skyyr?

The rest of what I typed is in line with the discussion.  Watch Some of Skyyr's Youtube videos... they complain about about face shooting shooting just like everyone else.  For some reason though, when it comes to this discussion people always want to act like they're cool and the gang with all HO all the time.  It's puzzling.  
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: November 05, 2014, 12:21:04 PM »
Ah, I remember that - that was Sawzaw. While he's not a member of our squad, I do remember him getting quite mad when he got HO'd. Now that you mention it, he switched to a K4 and ran into you shortly after that sortie. Ah, many laughs were had that day as he landed kill after kill.

Remind us to get him mad more often.

I'm not tracking why you'd think I was talking about Sawzaw when I quoted Kruel.  It was Kruel who ranted about being HO'd.  I remember it specifically because I thought, "Cool... that dude is starting to get it." 

I honestly don't think we're as far apart on this issue as you're trying to make it. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: November 05, 2014, 12:28:39 PM »
I was watching this epic video on Youtube one time, and remember this one dude who was all mad and stuff because he got HO'd by a plane he was fighting.  I believe he called the HO'er a "HO'ing sack of $^!@".  That guy must not have comprehended tactics outside of cold pass turnfighting.   :headscratch:
Youtube search...winging with Kruel. Warhed HO'ING in a mossie classic :)
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: November 05, 2014, 12:35:12 PM »
I was watching this epic video on Youtube one time, and remember this one dude who was all mad and stuff because he got HO'd by a plane he was fighting.  I believe he called the HO'er a "HO'ing sack of $^!@".  That guy must not have comprehended tactics outside of cold pass turnfighting.   :headscratch:

Paying attention huh? Kinda stalkerish, kinda Creepy but w/e...I was taking about a mossie who was only there for HOs just because I don't like those who purposely get in a cannon monster and try to HO everything in sight didn't mean it isn't a valid tactic...because it is.

Just to clarify...You know I have this thing with the truth..it was an attempted HO and I warned my wingman of the tactics being employed be the evil Mossie, I guess I should come clean and say I just really dislike Mossies as evident by my comments later in the video and the pleasure I took in watching him get shot down...

I will be sure to be more clear in future recordings if not only for your viewing pleasure..thanks for bringing it to my attention :salute

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2014, 12:42:49 PM »
Well It seems that head on is the way to go...it's done everywhere else....As it is now used as a tactic to get those who don't want to HO (So technically as it is put it isn't a ho)to turn so the hoer can gain an advantage of height and rinse repeat I feel that it is a sad fact that AH is now going to get clumped in with all other games of this genre.... HO's on mofos Gonna fly me a big gunned fast plane...... woohooo......this is going to be awesome.<Pause>  NOT

I think I might go and play Galaga or Frogger.......
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 12:48:33 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2014, 12:44:48 PM »
Youtube search...winging with Kruel. Warhed HO'ING in a mossie classic :)

That's him that no good sonofafemalecanine...Oh and I wouldn't really like to say I was mad, I like to cuss a lot, I feel it emphasizes my points :)

We roll,  we kill.and sometimes die, then we do it all over again..If there are any feelings at all they are mostly superficial ...pragmatic would be a good word...right?

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2014, 12:46:51 PM »
Ok ok ok... I'm sorry for saying Skyyr was cute.   :o  Do you accept my apology Skyyr?

The rest of what I typed is in line with the discussion.  Watch Some of Skyyr's Youtube videos... they complain about about face shooting shooting just like everyone else.  For some reason though, when it comes to this discussion people always want to act like they're cool and the gang with all HO all the time.  It's puzzling.  

I'm fairly certain I've never actually complained about being HO'd. In fact, I'm virtually never even upset by it. I think my worst reaction is something on the order of saying "awww man!," and that isn't even in response to the tactic, but rather that I was hit by it.

That's the difference with us, though; we don't necessarily have to agree with something to see it's validity. For example, Kruel may not like getting HO'd or HO'ing (not that he does or doesn't), but that doesn't mean he's going to be biased and decry a valid tactic.

This is typically with people possessing both education and integrity.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 12:56:30 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2014, 01:01:12 PM »
Paying attention huh? Kinda stalkerish, kinda Creepy but w/e...I was taking about a mossie who was only there for HOs just because I don't like those who purposely get in a cannon monster and try to HO everything in sight didn't mean it isn't a valid tactic...because it is.

Ok, so there's a difference in a guy who ups a big cannon bird and HO's repeatedly, and the guy who ups a plane of lesser destructive potential doing the same thing?  We've already agreed it's a valid tactic, but it's my contention that it's lameville as anything but a last ditch "say hello to my lil frien!!" situation.  You seem to agree... albeit in a roundabout way.

Just to clarify...You know I have this thing with the truth..it was an attempted HO and I warned my wingman of the tactics being employed be the evil Mossie, I guess I should come clean and say I just really dislike Mossies as evident by my comments later in the video and the pleasure I took in watching him get shot down...

I will be sure to be more clear in future recordings if not only for your viewing pleasure..thanks for bringing it to my attention :salute

So calling him a sack of $#!& wasn't a complaint about the lameness of the tactic, it's your warning call to nearby wingmen?  Uhh... ok.  It would seem to me that proper comprehension of battlefield tactics would dictate that warning unnecessary, since HO'ing is just as valid as any other tactic.  I mean, the Mossie was just employing a tactic that suited his plane and flying style.  Any tactic that works, right?  Wasn't it your fault for expecting him to not HO?  Why on earth would you let your plane get anywhere near the front end of a Mossie?!?!  Weren't you being kinda lame for fussing about the employment of a valid battlefield tactic?

I love you guys.   :) 

-AoM-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2014, 01:08:34 PM »
Ok, so there's a difference in a guy who ups a big cannon bird and HO's repeatedly, and the guy who ups a plane of lesser destructive potential doing the same thing?  We've already agreed it's a valid tactic, but it's my contention that it's lameville as anything but a last ditch "say hello to my lil frien!!" situation.  You seem to agree... albeit in a roundabout way.

So calling him a sack of $#!& wasn't a complaint about the lameness of the tactic, it's your warning call to nearby wingmen?  Uhh... ok.  It would seem to me that proper comprehension of battlefield tactics would dictate that warning unnecessary, since HO'ing is just as valid as any other tactic.  I mean, the Mossie was just employing a tactic that suited his plane and flying style.  Any tactic that works, right?  Wasn't it your fault for expecting him to not HO?  Why on earth would you let your plane get anywhere near the front end of a Mossie?!?!  Weren't you being kinda lame for fussing about the employment of a valid battlefield tactic?

I love you guys.   :) 

Interesting conjecture. I think, in the end, it boils down to which tactics have more merit and success. Perhaps something like a 1v1, or a 2v2 is in order? That would likely prove which tactics pass the litmus test. Errr... I forgot, we already had those. ;)

Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2014, 01:20:18 PM »
I'm fairly certain I've never actually complained about being HO'd. In fact, I'm virtually never even upset by it. I think my worst reaction is something on the order of saying "awww man!," and that isn't even in response to the tactic, but rather that I was hit by it.
Fairly certain? Virtually never?  How many shades of grey is that?   :)   

That's the difference with us, though; we don't necessarily have to agree with something to see it's validity. For example, Kruel may not like getting HO'd or HO'ing (not that he does or doesn't), but that doesn't mean he's going to be biased and decry a valid tactic.

This is typically with people possessing both education and integrity.

So you can neither confirm nor deny that Kruel dislikes being HO'd?   :rofl

Watching mental gymnastics is fun. 

-AoM-

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2014, 01:23:22 PM »
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 01:35:24 PM by glzsqd »
See Rule #4

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: November 05, 2014, 01:31:10 PM »
Well It seems that head on is the way to go...it's done everywhere else....As it is now used as a tactic to get those who don't want to HO (So technically as it is put it isn't a ho)to turn so the hoer can gain an advantage of height

Could someone please post a video detailing this advantage they gain by HOing that cannot be obtained by other means?  I'm genuinely curious.

If it's because you had to break to avoid it, why were you flying into his gunsight in the first place?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: November 05, 2014, 01:31:26 PM »
If I run into a HO problem with other players, I simply up a 190A8 and go on a HO rampage. It is fun, the other guy is sure to HO me back because that's his desperation for a kill. 9-10 times the person who HOs me the first time will HO me again in a 190A8, not realizing it is me, and not realizing I intended to do it. It makes for good fun and it sure to piss everyone off. Plus IMO the only way to ever fly a 190A8 is to HO in it. Other than that you are just kidding yourself.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: November 05, 2014, 01:41:12 PM »
I requires skill to avoid the HO and then come around and get the kill using skill. HOing is a "valid" tactic if you're working with no skill or talent. I will say, though, if you come head on at me, when I'm in my 110G2, I will pull the trigger and watch you go boom. I will also stall fight a zero in the plane. I much prefer a good kill versus a CHEAP HO kill, but will take the shot on any fool who wants to HO me.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #164 on: November 05, 2014, 01:54:31 PM »
Interesting conjecture. I think, in the end, it boils down to which tactics have more merit and success. Perhaps something like a 1v1, or a 2v2 is in order? That would likely prove which tactics pass the litmus test. Errr... I forgot, we already had those. ;)

Gosh darn it, Skyyr!  You got me good with that one!  Although I'm not sure how us fighting is going to prove the lameness/non-lameness of relying on face shooting.  In the context of this discussion, it leads me to believe you're worried you're losing the argument, so you're forced to throw some pwnage my way hoping I'll get all embarrassed and stuff.  Good timing, but predictable.  I saw it from 2k out.    :)   

I'd be happy to DA with you, though.  It can even be "friendly" and stuff.  I won't even send stern PM's to people if you tell them you beat me... I swear.  I'm a really nice guy... seriously, ask anyone... they'll tell ya.  Well, don't ask Arlo.  He thinks I'm mean, but he's like the only one I think.

:salute

-AoM-