Author Topic: Ethics of HO Shooting.....  (Read 14298 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: Ethics of HO Shooting.....
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2014, 10:09:58 AM »
After giving it a lot of thought.....I decided to create a quick visual guide concerning the subject of HOing.  I think this guide will be very helpful for new AH pilots...especially those coming here from other simulations!  Hopefully this help ease the pain of transition for these new AH cartoon fighter pilots as they venture into AH's highly complex community culture.

The following slide will be familiar for players from other simulations:

(Image removed from quote.)

New players take note!  This subject is far more complex here in the cartoon skies of Aces High.  Study the next picture carefully to avoid potential social stigma and ridicule:

(Image removed from quote.)

Again, I hope this helps you new players out there.  And remember, when you lose....it's always the fault of the other guy!  :aok

PURE. GOLD.

LOLOLOL
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2014, 10:14:27 AM »
I received several private messages this morning informing me of an error on Slide Two.  New players should note the green ˝Free Fire˝ area shown in Slide Two is twice as large as it should be.

:salute
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2014, 10:21:31 AM »
You are all mad men.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2014, 12:55:55 PM »
I received several private messages this morning informing me of an error on Slide Two.  New players should note the green ˝Free Fire˝ area shown in Slide Two is twice as large as it should be.

Hey, you are missing the third one where you shoot yourself. Or at least for our game there should be a third one......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2014, 01:09:03 PM »
You are right. I assumed everyone would understand that a shot placement in the Red or Orange zones automatically requires the offending pilot to commit ritual suicide.

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2014, 01:54:47 PM »
Lately half my kills have been myself because someone is always hopping in after I do all the work slowing down the con. They just magically drop in place as I pull the trigger. That is the third picture you are missing for our game.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2014, 02:14:07 PM »
Lately half my kills have been myself because someone is always hopping in after I do all the work slowing down the con. They just magically drop in place as I pull the trigger. That is the third picture you are missing for our game.
3 out of 4 self-kills are the fault of the shooter. That is a scientific fact.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2014, 02:36:52 PM »
Have you seen the knights lately when it comes to furballs?

If you are stupid enough to engage someone and get them turning and slow, all of your green guys pile in so they don't have to fight all the other red guys. Then they all seem to disappear and leave you with all the red guys who just shot them down. And you are sitting there damaged from pulling your trigger while the now dead green guys are just upping back at your field. It's a kindness on the rare occasion I pull the trigger and end up back in the tower with the guys who just helped clear my 12 out of nowhere. Usually I'm left to fend for myself with a red hoard in a self damaged ride.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2014, 02:53:49 PM »
Was it ever different?

AH rule #2: Do not trust greenies. That is what squadmates are for.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2014, 03:18:18 PM »

Discuss...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2014, 03:58:52 PM »
When did we actually get a memo outlining rules to follow by HTC for how we fly and shoot each other in the MA?

In the real world we punish the kid clever enough to get inside of the glass cage to poach his fill of toys at the expense of the kid trying to accomplish picking up one visa his skill with the external joystick and all the limitations involved. "THEN" after punishing him, he gets invited to a reality TV show and becomes an internet hero for whizzing on everyone for following the rules. Or he gets elected president of the U.S. 40 years later.

I doubt skyyr cares, since he is getting what he wants. While your ACM skill is not getting you what you want because the great equalizer against ACM is a HO shot.

Remember that scene in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" where Jones has his whip while the guy in black shows up swirling his giant sword around? Then Jones pulls his pistol and shoots him ending any chance of a show of martial glorious skill.

That's a well placed HO shot versus ACM.

Is it good for MA game play as the primary tactic of game play?

Only if it completely supplants any pretext at ACM and the 80% of players use it no matter what effectively. It would be like the CHog HO scourge all over again. Right now it's about a dozen well known players who use it with tracers off almost like they have an aimbot which is causing all of this trouble. So it is very irritating to those who value ACM and have been the alpha players in the MA up till now. Most of the 80% only know they have once again been shot down and not feeling very good about the game due to it. As of now, the skill quality of the average player at HOing is still abysmal because they don't understand shooting short because of the closing speeds. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2014, 04:11:46 PM »

:rofl

Let me assume you that your point is the"HOer" is showing no skill.  So lets continue that logic train shall we?

1. A front quarter shot does not require a great deal of skill to execute.I agree. YAY!

2. Thd issue here is simple....who put the person being HOed into the situation? The answer is the pilot. He / she may have done so unintentionally, or maybe intentionally in order to set the other pilot up for a reversal...but in either case it doesnt matter.  Even if the pilot HOing intentionally set his plane up to perform the HO it doesnt matter.

3. NONE OF IT MATTERS IF YOU RECOGNIZE THAT YOU AND ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR VIRTUAL LIFE IN GAME.  This is because of a little thing called Situational Awareness. If you mistakenly find yourself in the gunsight of someone else regardless of it being a HO or not its YOUR fault because your SA failed you. If you intentionally put yourself in front of someone else trying for a reversal but die because you mistimed it and got a face full of cannon rounds its the same thing....your SA failed you and you mistimed your fancy dance move.

4. In all these cases the ONLY thing the shooter who put you in the tower did was TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR MISTAKE. PERIOD.  Any, and I mean ANY, opposing arguement is not only PURE 100‰ BS...its also a sign of a person who doesnt understand the concept of self responsibility.

Think on this....every time you or others whine on 200 OR PM about getting HOed or ganged or whatever its still the same ....you are  saying YOU made a mistake ...but its the other person's fault for capitalizing on it.

EVERY. SINGLE.TIME. Without exception.

Its nothing more than an excuse for failure.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2014, 04:17:48 PM »

Discuss...

:rofl

Efficient little fella ain't he?
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2014, 04:30:07 PM »
He will more likely go farther in life because he is showing ingenuity early on.

The first thing needed here is to admit a well implementing HO\front quarter shot puts and end to ACM before it starts. After that, come up with a solution to it. That describes ACM.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2014, 04:39:33 PM »
 If you ease up in a turn to avoid a HO but still get shot did you really avoid the HO?

If a tree falls.....

I usually stay out of these debates,ha debate  :rolleyes:    but I've read too many things that made me laugh!

I have 1 comment and then I'm out,Fulcrum, I wouldnt call it an SA failure but more likely it's a poor choice of BFM!