Author Topic: Delete the wish list forum  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Delete the wish list forum
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 11:00:52 AM »
Over 14 yeas how many specific wishes from this forum (not just planes) have been granted?

And how many in the last 2 years?

Not sure about timeframe, but off the top of my head:

Movable head zero position for trackIR.
Two arenas to one arena.
Various UI tweaks.
.SF command.
Unperking of the Spit14.
Radar tweaks.
New graphics.
Edit: Percentage of town down for capture tweaks.

I'm sure that's not comprehensive, but they do hear what goes on in here.  They may not agree with and implement the wish, but I think they do see them.

12 hour rule/ENY, people have made their case, HTC's explained why they don't change it, regardless of whether you agree with it or not at least they've said why.  I'm guessing they just got sick of the 'Yeah but' posts.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 11:23:48 AM »

Two arenas to one arena.
Various UI tweaks.
.SF command.
Unperking of the Spit14.
Radar tweaks.
New graphics.

I'm sure that's not comprehensive, but they do hear what goes on in here.  They may not agree with and implement the wish, but I think they do see them.

12 hour rule/ENY, people have made their case, HTC's explained why they don't change it, regardless of whether you agree with it or not at least they've said why.  I'm guessing they just got sick of the 'Yeah but' posts.

Wiley.

New graphics should have been done years ago, it doesn't count as a wish when it's something that is obvious. The only explanation I have seen for the 12 hour rule is something along the lines of "I'm not going to change it because you guys are ungrateful for my work yada yada yada." If there is an actual reason other then HTC's own pride, then it should be made clear. Most of those changes happened awhile ago and there are literally thousands of good ideas that don't require that much effort to change that have been ignored.
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 11:33:43 AM »
The only explanation I have seen for the 12 hour rule is something along the lines of "I'm not going to change it because you guys are ungrateful for my work yada yada yada." If there is an actual reason other then HTC's own pride, then it should be made clear.

Just for grins...
I do not know for sure if 6 hours works as well as 12, but I do know from stats, 1 hour  does not work well. Most people assume that the limit was raised do to "spying issues". It was nothing to do with it. It is a simple fact that our stats show less of country imbalances with 12 hour vs 1 hour time limits with 1 hour the countries seem to always be out of balance. And the swings are constantly moving to different countries. With 12 hours the % of the swings are a lot less and the frequency of swings are less frequent.

I also understand the desire to be able to fly in the morning on week ends, and change again flying in the evening. And I have no problem with that concept. But I am also fairly sure that changing to 6 hours would have 0 impact on the amount of complaints and we would still have the same amount of kn-ashing of teeth for 1 hour, even though I know 1 hour creates greater country imbalance vs longer.

So things may or may not change in the future, but things will not change to any thing close to 1 hour. The value chosen is base on the damping effect of oscillation do to players changing side along and with desire to keep the time long enough that an immediate change and change back can not be used for a strategic advantage.

HiTech

I'm sure your 'Yeah but' post will be the one that changes his mind.

Not arguing with you TBH, just providing information.  I happen to disagree with it as well, but they have given their reasons.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 11:58:25 AM »
Just for grins...
I'm sure your 'Yeah but' post will be the one that changes his mind.

Not arguing with you TBH, just providing information.  I happen to disagree with it as well, but they have given their reasons.

Wiley.

They should post that more often then instead of locking threads without even saying anything. Also, if he already recognized it was an issue in the community why not make a poll to change it to 6 hours? To change it would take less then 5 minutes... And for something as big as this it's amazing he just puts it off to "maybe in the future".

It also doesn't take a scientist to figure out you could let people switch to the country win the least amount of people every 2 hours.

:salute
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:37:51 PM by xPoisonx »

HiTech

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 12:47:36 PM »
It's their house, so they can do as they wish.

I've had so many wishes granted I cannot remember them all! And it only made sense at the time, so of course it's difficult to recall them.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 01:21:37 PM »
Everyone should be given a participation trophy every time they manage to login to the arena selection screen. HiTech is not respecting how important we are from one player's perspective.

I vote that poison is made honorary distributor of appreciation trophy's to recognize how important our presence in the game is to HiTech. Reminds me of one of my cats every time he wants attention or food. I suppose the irony of this over all post is about as ridiculous as my ever teaching that cat to man up and clean his own litter box. That cat will always be convinced he is more important than me no matter how many times I concede to his demands for attention or food. But, the world won't end if that cat doesn't get fed exactly when he wants food.

Poison has a choice my cat doesn't. My cat is an indoor only cat. So his feeding and care is dependent on me. Poison is like an outdoor\indoor cat. If he doesn't like the feeding schedule, quality of attention, or the litter in the box. It's a big world and pooping in the living room never results in kitty treats.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 01:36:32 PM »
Hahahaa.... :t I would remove it from the OP and the +1's of this thread...just for s41t's and giggles....  see how long before they ask why they can't see it. :rofl :rofl :rofl  that's how my mind works...

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 03:10:57 PM »

Two arenas to one arena.
Various UI tweaks.
.SF command.
Unperking of the Spit14.
Radar tweaks.
New graphics.

Wiley.

adjustable text boxes

field runways that can be seen from further away

some more minor ones i cant really remember. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:02:03 PM by Skuzzy »

HiTech

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2014, 06:07:27 PM »
I got my Stuka G-2 after much whining and thread bumping.  :devil  321Bar also got his M-18.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2014, 06:32:29 PM »
xPoisonx is just a young kid that hasn't played for very long so he doesn't know that a great deal of the planes we have were a result of player's wishes posted in this forum.  He's just trying to find a different way to resurrect the 12 hour swap sides argument. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song