Author Topic: Ta152  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Re: Ta152
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 10:10:19 AM »
I also checked the wiki and found the files are not found.

Who's the one who posted those so they can be renewed? :noid
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 10:16:49 AM »

Do you understand then, that the slower and wider the barrel the roll, the better it is for a 152 (most the time)?  It can be elaborated.  The 152 in general doesnt like the super fast rolls you can accomplish in the other 190s, do it fast enough with enough speed and you'll be swapping its nose for its tail.

I advise trying to never get below 300mph and to learn how to roll the aircraft to present the smallest target profile to your enemy.  Surviving the first handful of passes is all you need usually before you and your bandit start equalizing, patience.

The 152 is just very unstable around its yaw-axis ("tailheavy").  You have to stay fast enough in the vertical (don't get too slow) that you loose too much rudder authority in such vertical maneuvers.

Are you thinking of a different plane? Because what you say is not true at all. In my experience the slower rolls throw the tail out in front more. The 152 excels in the vertical at slow speed. That is what picks out an experienced pilot from one who just decided to take it up for a spin. The rudder authority is very well at stall speeds and should be used to turn around at the top of a rope. For a con on your six your want to get fast so his speed equalizes with yours and then the greater E retention of the 152 kicks in, you can catch him most of the time if he tries to zoom back up.

Anarchy I know you've already seen this video but if you watch the ropes it can help answer some of your questions https://youtube.com/watch?v=OUZQCz5Zp3c
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:26:31 AM by xPoisonx »
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 10:17:25 AM »
I also checked the wiki and found the files are not found.

Who's the one who posted those so they can be renewed? :noid

Moot posted those and he is nowhere to be found.

HiTech

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 12:04:05 PM »
I'll do a video on the tail slip as well.....it a simple flick that sets it off.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 10:12:19 PM »
Are you thinking of a different plane? Because what you say is not true at all. In my experience the slower rolls throw the tail out in front more. The 152 excels in the vertical at slow speed. That is what picks out an experienced pilot from one who just decided to take it up for a spin. The rudder authority is very well at stall speeds and should be used to turn around at the top of a rope. For a con on your six your want to get fast so his speed equalizes with yours and then the greater E retention of the 152 kicks in, you can catch him most of the time if he tries to zoom back up.

Anarchy I know you've already seen this video but if you watch the ropes it can help answer some of your questions https://youtube.com/watch?v=OUZQCz5Zp3c

How and WHY do you shoot out of your cockpit like that.. That's incredible. My forward hat switch is used for those kind of shots. I move my head position all the way up. I did it last week. HUGE help to me.

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 10:26:48 PM »
He does it as to avoid the cockpit frame from obstructing his view of the con as it's lined up for a shot. Whereas if he were to stay in default view the shot would definitely be more difficult, though not impossible.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 10:19:10 AM »
Its a good way to get hard angle shots but it also makes it difficult to predict where they will be in your guns since you don't have a gunsight.

HiTech

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2014, 04:53:55 AM »
Its a good way to get hard angle shots but it also makes it difficult to predict where they will be in your guns since you don't have a gunsight.

Unless you put a dot on your screen where the center bore of your gunsight is... When you page up your forward head view the dot you placed on your screen makes up for the lack of gunsight...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 04:58:34 AM »
Unless you put a dot on your screen where the center bore of your gunsight is... When you page up your forward head view the dot you placed on your screen makes up for the lack of gunsight...

OMG, I remember doing this back when I used to play Counter Strike. Back than I scratched the crosshair into my old Dell monitor  :cool:
See Rule #4

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2014, 10:30:15 AM »

I guess you could do that, I just think of it as an inch up from the side of the engine on my monitor. Dot on the screen would be too easy  :furious

HiTech

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 01:22:58 PM »
OMG, I remember doing this back when I used to play Counter Strike. Back than I scratched the crosshair into my old Dell monitor  :cool:
I did it in COD for quick scopes :o
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 01:51:04 PM »
Looks like he is using TR in 6-axis mode. Maybe with the Z axis turned off.

The last two kills were aimed by pushing his head out against the "buldged" canopy and essentially aiming with the MG151\20's tracer stream. Just like many do with the wirble. Never thought about doing it that way since I only use 2-axis mode to inherit my saved head positions from the hps file. You can tell it's TR by the view over his shoulder which can only be accomplished by turning your head that direction while leaning back against the opposite buldged side of the canopy. The view point then looks like he is looking in from the opposite side of his canopy up and over his shoulder. Anyone with TR in 6-axis mode does this. 

If you use only the 20mm for snap shots and deflection shooting you will hit more often and not waste the 30mm which he seems to save for 6 shots. He also understood his lead allowance when he made the almost point blank shot on the bottom of his dive leading by only the very bottom of the Revi16D reticle that was showing at the very top of his reflector plate. That nice reticle looked familiar.....

Using only the 20mm your shooting deflection shots should be exactly like any 190. Offline turn on tracers, set the alpha slider all the way to the right to turn off the gunsight in your 190. You will see it's not that hard to shoot using the tracer stream which he had turned on.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:35:08 PM by kilo2 »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2014, 11:24:23 PM »
Much better to see the actual fight then a compilation of kills imo.

HiTech

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2014, 11:33:06 PM »
Much better to see the actual fight then a compilation of kills imo.

There is some in there. Except the second video is all kills. Opinions, everyone's got em.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."