Author Topic: Who...  (Read 4167 times)

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
Re: Who...
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2014, 04:34:09 PM »
The "Best" player, is a person who can read a fight the best. Know when to stay high, know when turn fight, know when to stall fight, know when to hold em, know when to fold em.  :aok

But the first person that comes to mind who has the BEST ability to read a fight is Anarchy and Bruvv. They always seem to make the right move or know what do when they're outnumbered.

Vudu15 is a beast in the KI84. He can easily handle a 3v1.

But yea, the best pilots, are those who can read and analyze a fight very quickly and take advantage of a persons weakness.

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2014, 05:05:32 PM »
I have always wanted to fight Vudu15, never got to, lol

Good analyzation of a best player, JRjolleh.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2014, 05:14:52 PM »
All of those were proxy kills when he did that in the P-40B.  He and the other Blue Knights were playing a joke on the arena.  

ack-ack

Yes, I LOVE this guy^^^^^^^^^^

See, your momma's were right...if it seems to good to be true, it prolly is boys.

EDIT:  When you have a minute, please explain the old hit model and when it changed.  That was a great explanation of how things "were" and how things "are now"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 05:16:41 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2014, 05:21:13 PM »
Hah, as I've said many times before, Ack Ack is the walking talking repository for all historical events AH related.  I've yet to stump him with a question about a 1/2 remembered incident.  It's quite remarkable really.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2014, 05:34:48 PM »
Who.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2014, 06:29:53 PM »
All of those were proxy kills when he did that in the P-40B.  He and the other Blue Knights were playing a joke on the arena. 

ack-ack

</3
See Rule #4

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2014, 03:14:47 AM »
Shemp! :old:
From the good ole days
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2014, 05:32:42 AM »
In my prime, those in TopGun were a handful of good dogfighters; I never carried myself well in the DA mainly because I tried to balance MA/FSO and DA at the same time. What's funny is I could handle DrBone in the MA 1vs2, problem was going to DA I'd usually lose 3 of 5 against everyone else.
To many good pilots over the years to list; most are now gone.

/on an interesting note my first DA was with vOid in 109K and last duel was with AgentOne in 109k.
JG 52

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
A lot of folks think K/D is what determines skill or how good a player is based on score or W/E but my opinion is different and I think K/D is easy to achieve givin the fact that you could land 2 kills every sortie and have an amazing K/D after a while.

As far as stats and such go. I think the most important stat is Kills/Sortie.

This indicates how many kills on average a player can achieve per every sortie they attempt. I think the higher the K/S is, the better they are at overall combat in the MA givin the fact that they can achieve more kills in a sortie than many others. This group is also difficult to achieve because you must perform at least 1 kill over your K/S to improve it. Where as K/D, all you have to do is land 1 kill to improve it. To me this is the most challenging aspect to see how many kills you can get on average per sortie.

Edit: also, if a player were to achieve 5 kills/sortie, yet die every fight, they still have a good 2.5-5 K/D which ain't bad haha.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:49:11 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2014, 10:33:47 AM »
A lot of folks think K/D is what determines skill or how good a player is based on score or W/E but my opinion is different and I think K/D is easy to achieve givin the fact that you could land 2 kills every sortie and have an amazing K/D after a while.

As far as stats and such go. I think the most important stat is Kills/Sortie.

This indicates how many kills on average a player can achieve per every sortie they attempt. I think the higher the  K/S is, the better they are at overall combat in the MA givin the fact that they can achieve more kills in a sortie than many others. This group is also difficult to achieve because you must perform at least 1 kill over your K/S to improve it. Where as K/D, all you have to do is land 1 kill to improve it. To me this is the most challenging aspect to see how many kills you can get on average per sortie.

1 word... Rearm  :bolt:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2014, 10:34:02 AM »
kills per time and hit% is what is important
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2014, 10:38:42 AM »

A lot of people shoot at the ground or shoot ground targets in fighter mode so I don't think hit % is very accurate... (No pun intended)
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2014, 10:39:18 AM »
The only thing that is important is how much fun you are having, and score never shows that.  There are many players that play for fun and their score is just what it is, and then there are those that obviously play for score and seem miserable doing it if you listen to 200.
Wag more, bark less.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2014, 10:43:36 AM »
1 word... Rearm  :bolt:

Rearming still leaves you with the risk or getting vulched and leaves you with the risk of losing all your kills.
It is not a bad idea if you are a K/S player and it may help your K/D too.

Your K/H time will be enhanced if you achieve higher K/S and. If it takes you a whole hour to get 12 kills in 1 sortie. That's still a 12 k/h which is not bad. So you are better off trying to get as many kills/sortie as you can. Plus, If you die, you k/h will be higher because you can reup more quickly to achieve kills more quickly in that hour. K/H is tough when you normally fly off hours and there are not a lot of people to shoot. My K/H has gone down considerably since 4 years ago when I played because there were a lot more people to shoot.

Hit% is tough and is the only thing that is %100 all about you. Having a good one will help you get kills more quickly and will be better off in a good position after you kill them. But you can still get a ton of kills and have a terrible hit%. For me it has to do with my terrible graphics, and I have a hard time shooting people when they blend in with the ground.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2014, 10:54:25 AM »
Having great aim is what separates the wheat from the chaff.  There are some great flyers, but average Joes that can hit what they aim at are just as dangerous.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."