Author Topic: YAY! Robots with swords!  (Read 425 times)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
YAY! Robots with swords!
« on: November 17, 2014, 02:59:22 PM »
SKYNET is only a few years away!  I for one welcome our new robotic overlords. :aok  

:D

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/tech-news/good-news-the-robots-can-fight-with-katanas-now-17437350
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
Re: YAY! Robots with swords!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 03:09:21 PM »
SKYNET is only a few years away!  I for one welcome our new robotic overlords. :aok  

:D

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gadgets/tech-news/good-news-the-robots-can-fight-with-katanas-now-17437350

You would be surprised as to how easy it is to program a routine like that with robots. In the easiest method of programming the software allows you to position the robot by hand and the software records the position(s) into memory. The robot then repeats your exact movements.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 03:57:30 PM »
"i said FIRST LAW OF ROBOTICS, roomba!"
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 05:43:23 PM »
Quit goofing off robots get back on the assembly line!
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 07:41:48 PM »
You would be surprised as to how easy it is to program a routine like that with robots. In the easiest method of programming the software allows you to position the robot by hand and the software records the position(s) into memory. The robot then repeats your exact movements.

OH I know.... I've done a bit of hobby robotic automation at home with the Raspberry Pi and UNO clones.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.