Author Topic: Skyyr's YouTube Channel  (Read 4687 times)

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
Re: Skyyr's YouTube Channel
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2014, 08:14:30 PM »
I enjoyed our fights as well. You've done better than any of the other Muppets to date (looks like Debrody can't stake that claim anymore :D).

This montage was not an attempt to showcase skill - it was rather a summary of the previous year and a reflection of what was said versus what ended up happening. Call it... irony immortalized for years to come.

There is another montage up and coming that should show more varied degrees of flying and fighting - please stay tuned to Kruel for that one.

I want to be in the film...pick me...pick me....seriously...You will find me low on deck....

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2014, 08:14:53 PM »
Fellers.  Leave this place.  As much time and energy as this took, it can be summed up in one, entertaining, Grizz quote:

"How impressive.  A montage of Miguel Cabrera striking out."
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2014, 08:15:16 PM »
Nice editing.

Here is something for you to consider.

Kitty F4U sortie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeGmjq-mwzo

Film I made from a single sortie flown by Blukitty in around '05-'06. No fancy editing skills, no carefully selected sections of footage that gives a skewed impression. No personal insinuations or vendettas or points to prove. Poor graphics. Poor rendering quality. Just one player expressing themselves with exceptional ability and style in the pure blank canvas we all have access to that is our virtual sky.

Here is another one featuring a Dedalos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkOfH8UiUv8&index=49&list=UUDv2N2eCgvVdlHAq_SzSUZg

Bad editing, poor video capturing technique, etc. At least by this point I had worked out how to render the movie in slightly higher res. Still a big shame we can't use the mouse to look in the film viewer (hint hint Hitech)

This is the kind of flying that our community has always looked up to. Multiple enemies with advantage being defeated by a lone player. Ragged, daring artwork on the edge of control. reckless abandon being rewarded with victory against all odds.

Most of us progress to the stage where we can zoom around and pretty much kill anyone else in the game when we choose our battles wisely. Not many progress further than that to the stage where we deliberately put ourself at disadvantage in order to see what we can really do. These are the guys that win the respect of the whole community in one way or another with both their flying ability and their conduct.

I realise this is a personal vendetta, one with seemingly no end, and as such perhaps respect or showcasing art was not the intention. However, I felt it prudent to at least inform you guys of what has been looked up to and celebrated by the patrons of aceshigh for the last 15 years and beyond that in other sims.

Both pilots in those films are Muppets. Every member of our squad has at some point been recognised for flying like a reckless idiot in to impossible odds, flown like an artist and somehow come out the other side of it without a scratch. This is part of the reason why we are not only hated for being a bunch of degenerate idiots but also considered a force to be reckoned with in the virtual skies individually and as a group.

Skyyr, I have recently enjoyed the pleasure of your company in some 1v1 duels and I was impressed with your execution of some areas of the flowing canvas that are ACMs. It was also a lot of fun and I am very glad we did it. I hope to fight you again sometime. I was especially glad to see that in some of our fights you tried something new other than the E game.

I also had some time winging with you in the MA and again, I was impressed. Not by kill counts or landed sorties, but by the recklessness that I see you starting to employ, flying into outnumbered odds at low altitude and getting down and dirty. I think you have the potential to one day be considered 'good' at this game if you focus on being a colourful aerial artist and not a mechanical killing machine. Obviously social conduct and humility go hand in hand with that community driven rank and title. I wish you luck on your journey.

S!

Nice post!  :aok

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2014, 08:26:06 PM »
:rofl

:headscratch:

How odd.

I've yet to see SkyRock accept a duel with Skyyr.  He just calls names, says he's not worth his time, etc etc.

Fellers.  Leave this place.  As much time and energy as this took, it can be summed up in one, entertaining, Grizz quote:

Indeed you should.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2014, 08:33:18 PM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:09:56 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2014, 08:39:07 PM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:10:17 PM by Skuzzy »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2014, 08:51:13 PM »

I think you also recognised that if I was playing more than a handful of hours a month in the last year and my gunnery wasn't so rusty I would have made that more like 10-2.

Let us also consider that we were flying planes you choose in all but one out of thirteen fights.   190D, Yak-3 are both planes that I have rarely if ever flown. Yet I beat you in both. Heavily suited to Energy fighting and yet I accepted that because I knew you would probably stay and fight longer. The one fight we had in a 109G2 was not repeated for obvious reasons.

No, I don't believe that the score would have been any different if you had been playing without a break, because I've flown sims long enough to know that breaks of one, two, or even six months don't affect ones skill. They certainly never affected mine; if someone needs the excuse that they've "been on a break," they didn't know enough to begin with. If you add up the time you've been playing, then subtract the time you've been on breaks, heck - multiply the time away by two, even three, and subtract it - and you'll still have multitudes more experience than I. Therefore, the argument holds no weight.

Since you persist on going into details, technically the score was actually 7-6, where you lost half your wing after the HO/collision and you even stated that it was my win as you exited the fight (I took a screenshot, as well as film). Yes, you won one of the three D9 fights and one of two Yak-3 fights, though I'm not sure why that's significant to you. I beat you in the P-51 in every sortie, a plane I really never fly and I rarely fly the Yak-3.

You didn't beat me "from an E disadvantage" because we both started on level playing fields on every sortie (except for the last, where I rolled about 45 seconds late). Claiming you won from a disadvantage because you started off on a level playing field and then put yourself there is disingenuous. Again, you seem to make excuses and prefaces for every one of your losses, yet somehow your "wins" are skilled because "they were from a disadvantaged position."

With all due respect, you guys make excuses for every one of your losses, even when they're "friendly." Where I come from, a loss is a loss is a loss. Period.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:05:30 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »
No, I don't believe that the score would have been any different if you had been playing without a break, because I've flown sims long enough to know that breaks of one, two, or even six months don't affect ones skill. They certainly never affected mine; if someone needs the excuse that they've "been on a break," they didn't know enough to begin with. If you add up the time you've been playing, then subtract the time you've been on breaks, heck - multiply the time away by  two and subtract it - and you'll still have multitudes more experience than I.

Since you persist on going into details, technically the score was actually 7-6, where you lost half your wing after the HO/collision and you even stated that it was my win as you extended away from the fight (I took a screenshot, as well as film). Yes, you won one of the three D9 fights and one of two Yak-3 fights, though I'm not sure why that's significant to you. I beat you in the P-51 in every sortie, a plane I never fly.

You didn't beat me "from an E disadvantage" because we both started on level playing fields on every sortie (except for the last, where I rolled about 45 seconds late).

With all due respect, you guys make excuses for every one of your losses, even when they're "friendly." Where I come from, a loss is a loss is a loss. Period.
Breaks have definitely effected my game...I think your a minority there.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2014, 09:03:09 PM »
Skyyr, I'm curious, do you purposely say these things to get a reaction? Because I know for a fact that when we weren't just messing around and actually fighting, you often struggled to pull out a win. I'm not saying this disrespectfully, just pointing it out.  :aok  I don't wish to see any of your films, this isn't about films.

Have I actually "dueled" you? No. Therefore, how could this comment pertain to you?

You've asked me not to keep score during our duels and asked me to keep them purely for fun, and I've done that.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2014, 09:05:01 PM »
you even stated that it was my win as you exited the fight (I took a screenshot, as well as film).

You actually apologised for the HO and stated it was my win, but being a gentleman I claimed otherwise. I don't have screenshots because that would be a bit sad.

Fight #1 at 7.3 k range after nothing but climbing and flying level at 5k. Your speed 371, my speed 335. Victor of the fight, me. Seems like my statement was in fact true at least once which puts enough doubt on your statement for me to not need to trawl through any more film.

Rather than enter a debate about your multitude of erroneous statements in that last post I will just ask you one question.

Did you have fun?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:08:21 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2014, 09:09:18 PM »
What if this is all an elaborate plan by Voss  :x
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2014, 09:10:21 PM »
you mean the 10k I donated before our duel was not for future development of the game and a sideline of ebola cure research?

I feel cheated :(

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2014, 09:10:27 PM »

You actually apologised for the HO and stated it was my win, but being a gentleman I claimed otherwise. I don't have screenshots because that would be a bit sad.

Rather than enter a debate about your multitude of erroneous statements in that last post I will just ask you one question.

Did you have fun?

No, I didn't state it was your win. Trust me when I say I would never do that, as I would never give away a win, even out of respect. Would you like the screenshots of the chatlog? I can produce them.

I DID apologize for the HO, but only to let you know I didn't think you were going to nose-up in time. We agreed to anything goes, and therefore it was still legitimate. Actually, I just checked to confirm. Here was what I said, "sorry - didn't think you were going to pull that out." That was all I said, as you continued on past 6k visual range.

To answer your question - the truthful answer? It was fun fighting someone who was actually decent for a change, but no - as I stated before the fights, I do not enjoy 1v1's in this game, mainly due to the myriad of excuses that inevitably come from them (as outlined in your post: my shooting was off, I'm rusty, you HO'd me, etc.). As I said, I've played several flight sims and in every other game, a loss is a loss. Here, there's a codex of excuses for every type of loss.

I play for one thing: to kill. That is the only thing I enjoy.

As I stated, I salute you and your skill, truly. However, I greatly disdain the attempt to minimize losses, especially when you repeatedly asked me to fight you (you asked me four or five times that night). To request that someone repeatedly fight you, only to minimize your losses (I never said a thing about mine) and then turn it into some sort of reverse pseudo-victory ("if I had been back in shape you would've lost 10-2") is about as classless as it gets.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:28:41 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2014, 09:19:17 PM »
You didn't have fun? Then I failed at my only ambition and that is the only loss that has any sting.

keep up the good work
S!

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2014, 10:08:32 PM »
Thx guys!

Glad I could finally make one of these films!
- TWBYDHAS