Author Topic: Let's talk Killshooter  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Let's talk Killshooter
« on: December 08, 2014, 11:06:14 AM »
I am considering turning it on for the 2015 Combat Challenge.

There area few pros and cons for the idea. Please discuss. What do you think about Killshooter for CC?
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Let's talk Killshooter
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 11:39:37 AM »
I would like to see killshooter turned on.  We all can make mistakes but a mistake from one of my countrymen should not cost me the life.  I am not 100% for Killshooter being on however, more like 60/40.

I'll tell you what I am at 100% on, YOU, making this thing up and making it work and making it quite possibly the most fun thing the game has going.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 04:36:59 PM »
Kind of a tough call.  Personally I think having it on makes more sense.  Each player is in control of his own trigger finger, and others shouldn't pay for the lack of fire discipline. 

I get that it could lead to people being super-aggressive because they're not going to get shot down if they jump in front of you, but I think that is less of an issue than spray and pray knocking friendlies down.

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but was there a tally of the number of FF incidents throughout the CC this year?  Are you asking because you felt the number was too high?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline dogtag380

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 04:55:31 PM »
This is a tough call.  I like the "realism" factor of having to be careful and not shooting down a friendly.  I would feel worse if I shot down a teammate than if I just killshot myself.

The only time kill shooter is really appropriate is when players purposefully try to shoot down their own teamates, such as xPoisonx did during the last CC frame.  He switched sides and purposfully shot at freindlies.  It's tough to stop that, so it turned many of us trying to shoot him down so that he would stop killing us. :mad:  Going forward, we'll just have to report suspicious activity quickly and hopefully the CM can boot any purposeful offenders.  Players who intentionally shoot teammates should be banned from participation in future events. 

If I had to pick I would say leave kill shooter off.  It's just one more reason Combat Challenges are special and different from the MA. 

:salute
AKTap
~Arabian Knights~
www.arabian-knights.org/

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 05:08:08 PM »

The only time kill shooter is really appropriate is when players purposefully try to shoot down their own teamates, such as xPoisonx did during the last CC frame.  He switched sides and purposfully shot at freindlies.  It's tough to stop that, so it turned many of us trying to shoot him down so that he would stop killing us. :mad: 

Please tell me you are joking dogtag.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline dogtag380

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 05:13:05 PM »
Wish I was.  I believe nef handled it quickly and booted him... either that or he quit and didn't come back.  But it was a sour note in an otherwise extremely fun event. 
AKTap
~Arabian Knights~
www.arabian-knights.org/

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 05:52:17 PM »
Wish I was.  I believe nef handled it quickly and booted him... either that or he quit and didn't come back.  But it was a sour note in an otherwise extremely fun event. 

Are you drunk? I shot at one person who looked like he was trying to HO me because I had my icons off, then his squaddie TKed me. That's all that happend.
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 10:56:19 PM »
Are you drunk? I shot at one person who looked like he was trying to HO me because I had my icons off, then his squaddie TKed me. That's all that happend.
The Icon settings you set on your machine only effect what you see, not what anyone else does.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 06:33:18 AM »
Yeah, I'm not quite sure why you would want to fly with Icons completely off in Combat Challenge, but its a very compelling reason why killshooter should be on.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 08:11:36 AM »
So you admittedly shot at friendly players (two to be exact), and HE is the drunk one?  :headscratch:  It's clear you are part of the "not me" generation..  Guessing < 20...  Man up dude.  The big boy pants are that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anyway...  I am mixed...  Even though I ended a squaddie by accident (man I felt bad about that), I think we should leave it off as it ramps up realism. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 12:02:54 PM »
So you admittedly shot at friendly players (two to be exact), and HE is the drunk one?  :headscratch:  It's clear you are part of the "not me" generation..  Guessing < 20...  Man up dude.  The big boy pants are that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anyway...  I am mixed...  Even though I ended a squaddie by accident (man I felt bad about that), I think we should leave it off as it ramps up realism.  

I never killed any friendlies, your squad however, killed at least 2  :devil

He can make up any story he wants I guess... doesn't bother me I'll kill ya if I feel like it  :D

HiTech

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 01:11:20 PM »
I never killed any friendlies, your squad however, killed at least 2  :devil

He can make up any story he wants I guess... doesn't bother me I'll kill ya if I feel like it  :D

Really?

xPoisonx
23:00:22 Departed from Field #31 in a Bf 109K-4
23:08:45 Shot down a P-51D flown by rk.
23:10:01 Shot down a La-7 flown by NoWings.
23:12:44 Was shot down by akELFY (exploded).
23:12:59 Departed from Field #31 in a Bf 109K-4
23:17:59 Awarded kill as NoWings crashes.
23:18:34 Awarded kill as wesCHASE crashes.
23:19:46 Shot down a P-51B flown by Redtail7.
23:19:49 Shot down a Bf 109G-14 flown by Wolfbow.
23:21:49 Shot down a Spitfire Mk IX flown by Fiona000.
23:24:43 Was shot down by Redtail7 (crashed).
23:25:03 Departed from Field #31 in a Bf 109K-4
23:31:26 Was shot down by (crashed).
Wag more, bark less.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 01:20:15 PM »
Really?

xPoisonx
23:00:22 Departed from Field #31 in a Bf 109K-4
23:08:45 Shot down a P-51D flown by rk.
23:10:01 Shot down a La-7 flown by NoWings.
23:12:44 Was shot down by akELFY (exploded).
23:12:59 Departed from Field #31 in a Bf 109K-4
23:17:59 Awarded kill as NoWings crashes.
23:18:34 Awarded kill as wesCHASE crashes.
23:19:46 Shot down a P-51B flown by Redtail7.
23:19:49 Shot down a Bf 109G-14 flown by Wolfbow.
23:21:49 Shot down a Spitfire Mk IX flown by Fiona000.
23:24:43 Was shot down by Redtail7 (crashed).
23:25:03 Departed from Field #31 in a Bf 109K-4
23:31:26 Was shot down by (crashed).

Now I see your intentions  :devil

HiTech

Offline dogtag380

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 01:37:21 PM »
Poison - a simple apology after the incident would have sufficed.  Nobody is perfect and accidents happen.  But you shot at a friendly with no enemy in sight, then ignored requests to explain your actions.  I'll leave it at that.

Nef - I'm still leaning towards kill shooter off 60/40, but it will be fun either way.

AKTap
~Arabian Knights~
www.arabian-knights.org/

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 06:10:22 PM »
I'm for leaving killshooter off personally.  Keeping everything fairly consistant between CC, FSO, and Scenario.  Unfortunately this isn't a squad based event so individuals aren't directly accountable to anyone else (CO's, squaddies), thus we have incidents like the last frame.

BigRat

When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat