Author Topic: Track IR-5: the six o'clock view!  (Read 3141 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: Track IR-5: the six o'clock view!
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2014, 06:42:01 AM »
BREAKTHROUGH!!!

Gentlemen, I have made a HUGE breakthrough with TrackIR.

I'm using TrackIR 5 with the proclip. I've used the scaling suggested by others, and still couldn't get a six view. I tried bustr's way, but couldn't look around the bars in the Bf-109 cockpit the way I wanted to. Well, on a hunch, I tried something out today. Bustr's mention of Trueview was the key. I had trueview turned on, and in the TrackIR profiler, a six view was easy and the head moved the way I thought it would, but ingame, it just wasn't "right". I turned OFF trueview, left X,Y, and Z on, as well as pitch and yaw, and jumped back into the game, and it was like the clouds opened up, and everything worked perfectly! It seems the AH view system is completely backward when it comes to TrackIR.
Did you check "trackir relative views" in game. It felt all backwards till I did that
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2014, 01:51:49 PM »
Did you check "trackir relative views" in game. It felt all backwards till I did that

I did not find that option at all. But since unchecking real head movement in TrackIR seems to do the same as checking it ingame, it worked out.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2014, 02:21:37 PM »
I did not find that option at all. But since unchecking real head movement in TrackIR seems to do the same as checking it ingame, it worked out.
Its possible it provided the same result.

Fwiw, that setting is in the video section and was mentioned near the start of this thread.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org