Author Topic: my FR sucks!!!  (Read 2648 times)

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
Re: my FR sucks!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 02:01:30 PM »
Note that disabling some of these executables lead to losing some keyboard functionality possibly and other side effects. You should probably not have MS SQL server running on your computer in the first place - or are you doing the big boo-boo of using your work computer for games?

It's my home computer. I use Access and Visual Studio for classes, I assume that's why the sql server is running.

Offline Dimebag

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 03:35:05 PM »
As for your background processes, could you send us a copy of the list? One easy way is to use the Command Prompt, or Run or even the Search Box in the Start menu right above the Start Orb, simply copying and pasting the following line:

wmic /output:%userprofile%\desktop\process.txt process get description,executablepath

when I do this in the cmd box, it says file invalid
when I paste this in the search box, the cmd box flashes up on the screen then immediately goes away and that's all that happens

Dimebag
CO of the Black Tooth Grin
Black Attack!!!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 09:58:32 AM »
when I paste this in the search box, the cmd box flashes up on the screen then immediately goes away and that's all that happens

Funny, it works in my computer any way I can figure out to run it. Tried five so far.

When you paste in the search box, you should see the same line with an icon in the Results section. Right click it and choose "Run as administrator", the cmd box should flash and immediately go away and the result should be a text file named "process.txt" on your Desktop. I get the same result both with normal and elevated privileges, but I'm logged in as an admin. Win7 64 bit here.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 10:45:31 AM »
Those of you running ATI cards.  You can shutdown the two processes MOM and CCC, after you get everything configured.  Put a link to the executable on your desktop and start it when you need to make changes.

Also, there is no reason for the "ju*.*" programs to run all the time.  Those are the Java schedulers and updater.  No need to for those to run but once a day, if then.

We run our Windows 7 boxes pretty clean here.  Process list is around 40, or so.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:27:46 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Dimebag

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 05:37:37 PM »
Funny, it works in my computer any way I can figure out to run it. Tried five so far.

When you paste in the search box, you should see the same line with an icon in the Results section. Right click it and choose "Run as administrator", the cmd box should flash and immediately go away and the result should be a text file named "process.txt" on your Desktop. I get the same result both with normal and elevated privileges, but I'm logged in as an admin. Win7 64 bit here.

lol nuts
when I paste in search, then right click, run as admin, the cmd box pops up and has wmic:root\cli>
but still, no text icon on desktop, or documents, nowhere that I see
Dimebag
Black Attack!!!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 09:15:28 PM »

same for me and I have win7 64 and run as admin

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 10:34:08 PM »
It worked perfectly for me W7 64bit

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2014, 12:19:42 PM »
lol nuts
when I paste in search, then right click, run as admin, the cmd box pops up and has wmic:root\cli>
but still, no text icon on desktop, or documents, nowhere that I see

You can try by replacing %userprofile% with the actual address, like wmic /output:C:\users\yourname\desktop\process.txt process get description,executablepath
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2014, 01:12:23 PM »
same for me and I have win7 64 and run as admin

And you did check your desktop for a mysterious process text file afterwards? Are you the kind that has 100 icons on the desktop perhaps? :)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline mikeWe9a

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2014, 03:16:58 PM »
a google search indicates that your processes ATIERXX and ATIECLSS are AMD programs, and AITECLSS is specifically associated with ATI video cards.  You may want to go into services and review (and likely disable) both of these.

Mike

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2014, 03:33:34 PM »
Instead of disabling services I prefer to set them to manual unless I know for certain they're not needed. Moreover instead of disabling something I'd rather not install it at the first place like all that ATI/AMD stuff. If and when I have to install something, I'll look through its settings to uncheck all automatic behaviour, be it starting along with Windows or checking for updates every hour. Disabling a service or a startup item should be the last option to use. With that method I can keep the functionality of a "standard" home computer without having extra stuff running in the background. That also gives me the opportunity to let other people test the functionality of any updates.

Kotisivuni

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2014, 03:42:27 PM »
In most cases disabling ATI processes will only create problems for you. There's no magic fountain of performance found in disabling processes that the manufacturer saw necessary.

Nowadays I don't even try to tweak my gaming computers. If it doesn't run fast enough at default settings, time to upgrade the hardware. If you can't afford to upgrade your hardware every 5-6 years then its better to ditch the PC and move to consoles.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2014, 04:05:40 PM »
The ATI CCC and MOM processes can cost you, up to, about 10% of your video card's potential performance.  It creates no problems in killing them.  The card config is stored on the video card hardware, once saved.

The only time you need these programs is when you want to change the configuration of your video card.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2014, 04:14:49 PM »
And you did check your desktop for a mysterious process text file afterwards? Are you the kind that has 100 icons on the desktop perhaps? :)

I have about 40 icons, but on a 39 inch screen it is easy to spot a new one popping up, so no there wasn't a text file sitting on my desktop.  :P

Offline Dimebag

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2014, 06:27:38 PM »
You can try by replacing %userprofile% with the actual address, like wmic /output:C:\users\yourname\desktop\process.txt process get description,executablepath

still same thing
cmd box pops up then goes right away
no new icons
I only have 10, not 100 lol

Dimebag
Black Attack!!!