Author Topic: AI base attack runs  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Phoenix3107

• Copper Member
AI base attack runs
« on: January 03, 2015, 10:20:03 PM »
I've been trying to make a mission where bomber, fighter/attack planes are making an attack run on a base, moreso an vehicle field. I give them the ords needed to strike and set the target over the base, and set enemy scramble sets to intercept them. On the first pass, the attack planes drop their said ordnance on the field, then have them come around for the strafing of the field. When they are set to attack the base, there are targets for them to engage, but they are way far out of range, and they follow them all the way out, leaving the base untouched.

Specifically, I'm trying to find out how to keep those said planes on targeting the base, but they stray off the said target set. Is there a way to have the strafers stay on the base and keep on the assault until they reach their end point?

Side note:Can AI attack planes shoot their rockets at the bases when the "DROP ORD" segment is set and the target point is lit, or is it meant only to drop bombs?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:43:01 PM by Phoenix3107 »
GameID:Phoenix

Also can be found under my DA name
"Lonewolf32097" at www.deviantart.com.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: AI base attack runs
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 05:00:33 AM »
Dive bombing doesn't exist for AI yet, and attempting to have them dive with waypoints will not work half as well as it would look on paper.

The JABOs will drop like a level-bombers and flop their rockets like bombs, except straight and useless...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...